The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Poll of the Week

BigTed3

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Habs use as their 6th D man going forward?

• Yannick Weber
    • Nathan Beaulieu
    • Jarred Tinordi
    • Frederic St-Denis
    • Greg Pateryn

With Tomas Kaberle now on waivers and Diaz no closer to a return, the Habs have made it clear they plan on using younger guys in that 6th hole short of trading for a defenceman. Assuming we don't make a trade, who do you want to see manning that 6th spot going forward this season?

Despite the edge in experience, I just don't trust Weber defensively and he's shown no signs of improvement in that regards in multiple seasons. In the playoffs, I'd first and foremost want the guy who can take care of his own end, with any physicality or offence being a bonus. So personally, Tinordi is the best of the options available... if you don't include Kaberle himself.

Tinordi looked good in his 6 games here, but apparently he's had some real bad games defensively in Hamilton. And I'm not just talking about the first half of the season, I heard he had a bad game in which 3 powerplay goals hit him and into the net on his first game after he was sent back down. I need to see more of him before I think he can be with us over the other guys.

Going into the playoffs i would want the experienced guy. It was great to give the kids a sniff, but i wouldn't want to have to depend on them just yet if avoidable.

Wiskie certainly not impressing me; but it's only 2 games, so far.

I haven't seen anything that Tinordi didn't do as well or better.

I guess I'm saying I was hoping this experienced player was better than he has shown.

No doubt, Diaz is the best option.