The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game 36, Habs in Philly, 7:30 EDT, TSN, RDS, CSN-PH

kinot-1

HabsvsFlyers1.jpg

Last 10: Montreal 7-2-1; Philadelphia 4-4-2

Season series:

This is the second of three games between the teams this season, but the only one in Philadelphia. On Feb. 16, Peter Budaj stopped 18 of 19 shots for the Canadiens in a 4-1 win at Bell Centre.

Big story

Can the Flyers win their season-best third straight game? Or will the Canadiens push their win streak to four?

Who's hot

Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban has six points in the past three games. … Flyers captain Claude Giroux has points in five of his past six games, with three goals and six assists in that span.

Injury report

Canadiens forwards Colby Armstrong (lower body), Rene Bourque (concussion) and Ryan White (ankle) are out, as is defenseman Raphael Diaz (concussion).

The Flyers will be missing forwards Danny Briere (concussion), Maxime Talbot (leg) and Jody Shelley (hip), as well as defensemen Braydon Coburn (shoulder) and Andrej Meszaros (shoulder). Defenseman Nicklas Grossmann is questionable (upper body).

The game in Philly will be the first of three in four nights for the Habs, who play host to the Winnipeg Jets on Thursday before the Boston Bruins visit the Bell Centre on Saturday.

Ilya Bryzgalov made 25 saves Monday and could be in net for the Flyers for this contest despite being 1-3-1 with a 3.21 goals-against average in five career starts versus the Canadiens.

Montreal killed all five penalties and has held opponents to 2 for 19 with the man advantage over its last six games.

Team Stat Leaders.

Goals,,,,,Jakub Voracek,14,,,,,,,,,,,,Michael Ryder,13.
Assists,,,Claude Giroux, 24,,,,,,,,,,,P.K. Subban,18.
Points,,,,Claude Giroux,35,,,,,,,,,,,,Michael Ryder,28.
+/-,,,,,,,Brandon Prust,12,,,,,,,,,,,,Fedotenko,7

Montreal won the last game that was played in Montreal, 4-1

Fun Facts

The Canadiens, with a 23-7-5 record, have 51 points through 35 games. The last time they had that many points through 35 games was 1978-79, when they had 54 points after 35 games and went on to win their fourth straight Stanley Cup.
Tickets for the game,,,,1,511 available from $25

OK,,,,on with the Game

kinot-1's GDT record

5-1-2

Good job as usual Kinot.

+1

Flyers.jpg

GO_HABS_GO_zpsa021b1a8.gif

Philly has been garbage 5 on 5 but this should be a nice challenge for our special teams. They have the #1 PP in the league and are right up there in PK as well.

If we can stay out of the box,,,,and put pressure on the 5 on 5,,,the result should a big W.

carey1web-266x250.jpg

For the last five games, Canadiens goaltender Carey Price has worn a multi-function heart monitor, the wristwatch receiver clipped into the back of his pants.

Price’s pulse tops out at 190 beats per minute during the game with an average of 120 bpm, which includes pregame and intermissions.

“I wear it in practice and I’ve been curious,” Price told The Gazette’s Dave Stubbs. “I never knew what (calories) I burned during a game. It will give me a good idea what I should be eating and how many calories I should be consuming.”

From Habs website:

"Acquired from the Kings on Tuesday, defenseman Davis Drewiske will join the Canadiens in Philadelphia today, and could be inserted in the lineup for Wednesday night's tilt."

Well, it's either Drewiske or Weber, unless Therrien is planning to go with 5 D tonight.

God job on game thread Mr. Kinot. Gotta watch out for them goofy looking Schenn brothers tonite. They play with intent to injure and they just love to deliver late hits to the head.

Thanks GITF,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now that's respect,,,,,,the rest of you take note. :P

,,now that's respect,,,,,,the rest of you take note. :P

kite.jpg

^_^

925888781_s1.jpgGO_HABS_GO_zpsa021b1a8.gif925888781_s1.jpgGO_HABS_GO_zpsa021b1a8.gif