The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #37 Thu, 4 Apr 2013 Jets @ Canadiens 7:30 PM RDS, TSN-HABS

HabsRuleForever

So I was going to post some pictures & some stats & a story to go along with them. But I'm mad, really mad. We lost a game against the flies; my third most hated team. They're dirty, a bunch of goons, they have no goalie & they smell. We lost players, the refs were mostly useless, we forgot to shoot & still we almost left with a W. However we didn't.

Enough about last night. Tonight we have the Winnipeg Jets. They are from that powerhouse SouthEast division. I want them driven into the Bell Centre ice. I want our fourth line to come out crashing & banging Jets into the boards. I want their goalie to be pummeled with a barrage of shots & I want sixty minutes of it. I want Habs goals & lots of them. Show me/us the killer instinct a first place team needs.

Most of all I want the W.

/end of GDT rant

Patches & Pleks are day to day with injuries.

Budaj gets the start. Enjoy the game.

I'm mad, really mad

chinese_anger.jpg

Tonight we have the Winnipeg Jets. They are from that powerhouse SouthEast division. I want them driven into the Bell Centre ice. I want their goalie to be pummeled Show me the killer instinct

Most of all I want the W.

/end of GDT rant

Enjoy the game.

:lol: We hear ya bro..........LETS GO HABS!

Yesterday,I have already forgotten that, it doesn't matter anymore ,we have an oppurtunity here lets use it.We just need to not let ourselves get distracted and play our game,we have to meke up for the loss of 2 of ou best players and show we are a team.We know we are better than goons we are a fast skilled team of players,lets prove it.

GO HABS GO :lol::lol:

So the question, if i am MT: Do i do like last night (move up the centres) or do I move a centre who has been playing as a winger, namely, Galchenuyk. What do you think about this as a top 9 for tonight:

Patches - DD - Gallagher

Ryder - Galchenyuk - Gio

Moen- Eller - Prust

Its not that I dont think Eller can do a good job on the second - given a bit of time, he's probably our best option there, but if we leave him at 3rd and bump Chuckie then the 3rd line remains intact to take the tough defensive assignments and the 2nd can concentrate on scoring.

Last night MT did the best think he could "on the fly" but with some consideration & a little time to plan, I think the above top 9 would be a better fit while super-pleky rests that injury.

Last night was embarrassingly bad. Let's hope we pickup a win tonight instead of blowing a third period lead in a game where we were badly outplayed for 50 minutes.

It was bad, but I dont think as bad as that. Look at the goals again, all 4 flyers goals were lucky bounces. It was a weird game & I will agree we didnt play a full 60 minutes but it was a flukey win for them. Still disappointing and one that we should have won, but c'est la vie.

So the question, if i am MT: Do i do like last night (move up the centres) or do I move a centre who has been playing as a winger, namely, Galchenuyk.

I like that a lot, actually. Sure, it's a lot less experience and it's changing up existing chemistry but this is something of an emergency. It distributes skill around the top 9 and prevents us from having one line that might be good and one that's likely a waste of time. I think as long as the D can play more solid coverage and the forwards (whoever they are in whatever line) backcheck with enthusiasm, the outcome will be more positive than negative at this point.

I really worry about face off wins without Plekanec, but there's nothing we can really do about it. AGally has to make the jump to centre full-time at some point, maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

This is one of those depth-testing situations they always talk about. :P

It was bad, but I dont think as bad as that. Look at the goals again, all 4 flyers goals were lucky bounces. It was a weird game & I will agree we didnt play a full 60 minutes but it was a flukey win for them. Still disappointing and one that we should have won, but c'est la vie.

I'd say it was one we should have lost no matter what the score was heading into the third. Philadelphia had some lucky bounces, yes, but they played better than we did for most (if not all) of the game. Price held us in there until the third, but Philadelphia created more opportunities and got the tying and then the winning goals.

Dustin Byfuglien will be playing left wing for the jets tonight. Which means he will be parked in front of Budaj all night. Need somebody (Drewiske?) to be able to try and clear the crease. Hopefully Galchenyuk centers the second line but im seriously doubting that Therrien will even think of giving him more icetime and taking him off of the third line. I hope im wrong. Hope the habs can squeeze out a W here as i would rather not be in a position to have to play the leafs in thr playoffs.

Byfuglien playing forward tonight, we should counter that with Subban as forward too.

...Why? This isn't 18th century combat. We aren't obliged to make a dumb decision to even the playing field just because the opposing coach/team did. :lol:

...Why? This isn't 18th century combat. We aren't obliged to make a dumb decision to even the playing field just because the opposing coach/team did. :lol:

We can put Gorges in net and Price on defense, we'll still be the better team. I seriously would love to see Subban as forward for one game, when he had the puck down low last game against Philly, they didn't even try to go after him, every other of our forwards got slammed into the boards.