The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Who do you think will win the the Stanley cup 2013

StanleyCupLogo-282x301.gif

Now that trade-day has passed & gone....who is your favorite to come out of the east / west....going all the way,and eventually hoisting lord Stanley

In a nut shell,I'm liking Pittsburgh as the favorite,but cannot count out Chicago......then there's the quacks :rolleyes:

but of course,speak about "ya just never know in the playoffs" ^_^

249314_380825428691253_2004787146_n_zpsa

...so,speak your peace

slap me silly :rolleyes:

oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Is this a trick question??

Apparently :rolleyes:

I see now for some....I should have maybe reworded the heading.

:P

Other than the habs I'm thinking Pens if Crosby gets and back in time and maybe Bruins.

B's aren't a fav for me obviously but they have good odds.

for sure in underline bold................for me,its what team is built,and has even improved itself following trade day that is legit ....can go through the grueling tough 4 rounds of the playoffs................................yes,of course we all would like nothing more that our habs to win it,but realistically who's year and all I've mentioned does one reallyyyyyy belive has it all ,to actually pull it off.????

*I believe IMO realistically our habs are still few hairs/yrs off :rolleyes: from being a really serious contending cup threat this time around ...though anything can come about in the playoffs ...LETS GO HABS.

Ok,,,,,other than the Habs,,,,,,,who would I want to win? Chicago.

Who do I think will win?,,,,,,Ducks.

There ya go....tks bro ;)

Quack

I still don't see a clear-cut, indisputable cup favourite. Pittsburgh is probably as close as it gets. But their D is suspect, their goaltending varies from unremarkable to awful on any given night, and Crosby's out with no timetable for return. Chicago was rolling earlier in the season but has slowed down a bit, and could be ripe for an upset. Anaheim's similar. Minnesota, Vancouver, LA, Montreal, and Boston, the second tier IMO, all have their own faults and strengths. I think pretty much any team that makes the playoffs this year could be beaten by pretty much any other team that makes the playoffs.

I will say this, though: whoever gets the sixth seed in the east has been given a free, automatic ticket to the second round. :rolleyes:

Do you want the title of the thread changed?

not bad idea CRB....maybe something along the line "Who you predicting to win the the Stanley cup 2013"....tks ;)

I will say this, though: whoever gets the sixth seed in the east has been given a free, automatic ticket to the second round. :rolleyes:

I disagree. Washington on a roll going into the playoffs is always dangerous....just ask the Bruins. I also think the Jets with home ice and playoff hockey for the first time in I don't even know how long could surprise people this year as well.

I actually like our chances. This has been mentioned in other threads, but we go as far as Carey takes us. With our forward depth and Subban and Markov to lead offense from our back end, good goaltending could take us a long way, and Carey looks to be finally finding his game. I'm not saying we're a favorite, but I think we would be the second favorite in the East (I don't buy how good the Bruins are. They haven't done much to show it, IMO).

That said, I think the most likely teams are Pittsburgh in the East and Anaheim in the west, although if Halak gets healthy, St. Louis could go far and upset either Chicago or Anaheim with their D. I wouldn't mind either one winning it all. Pittsburgh obviously has Iginla (and Morrow, who I think is one the most unsung-est heroes in the NHL), but Anaheim has guys too, like Selanne, and a certain former captain ;) .

I disagree. Washington on a roll going into the playoffs is always dangerous....just ask the Bruins. I also think the Jets with home ice and playoff hockey for the first time in I don't even know how long could surprise people this year as well.

Here's the thing, though. How many years, how many times have we heard the exact same story about the Capitals? They're either rolling in the regular season and will be such a significant juggernaut when the playoffs come around, and they fail miserably. Or they're an under-performing sleeper that will surely go far, and they make their customary second round exit.

I know, I know. Different year, different team, different coach, different situation. I have absolutely no way to express with data why I'm unimpressed by the Capitals, but I'm not. It just "feels" organizational.

As for the Jets, do you honestly see a path for the Jets to make the playoffs that doesn't require Washington to falter? It's not a matter of controlling destiny for either of these teams, it's hoping your losing streaks are slightly less awful than the other's.

Here's the thing, though. How many years, how many times have we heard the exact same story about the Capitals? They're either rolling in the regular season and will be such a significant juggernaut when the playoffs come around, and they fail miserably. Or they're an under-performing sleeper that will surely go far, and they make their customary second round exit.

I know, I know. Different year, different team, different coach, different situation. I have absolutely no way to express with data why I'm unimpressed by the Capitals, but I'm not. It just "feels" organizational.

As for the Jets, do you honestly see a path for the Jets to make the playoffs that doesn't require Washington to falter? It's not a matter of controlling destiny for either of these teams, it's hoping your losing streaks are slightly less awful than the other's.

I am by no means calling either Washington or Winnipeg favorites or even contenders. The reality is, however, that since 2008 Washington has only lost in the first round twice, and only one of those losses was a major upset. They weren't taken seriously as an 8 seed last year, and then they made Boston look stupid.

As for Winnipeg, it does require Washington to falter. Not sure where you thought I mentioned both teams making it in (I guess I never mentioned only 1 making it, so if that led to confusion, sorry and that's my bad), but one of them will. The Jets can be a difficult road game, and for a team like Toronto to have to play potentially 4 games there could be issues.

I guess the bigger point here is that I am tired of hearing that whoever the 6 seed is gets a 1st-round bye. Because they won't. The fact that they are facing the weakest 3 seed in years doesn't diminish the fact that they aren't really that much better than whoever wins the Southeast. Right now the difference between the two is 4 points, which is smaller than the distance between the 4 and 5 pairing, which nobody complains about. That series, regardless of who plays in it will be a hard fought series between two teams who are similar in on-ice performance. The fact that the 6 seed is a little better, that both teams likely won't make it out of the second round, and that neither would realistically make it out of the first if it weren't for the stupid division 1-2-3 rule, has no bearing on the competition that will take place on the ice.

I guess the bigger point here is that I am tired of hearing that whoever the 6 seed is gets a 1st-round bye. Because they won't. The fact that they are facing the weakest 3 seed in years doesn't diminish the fact that they aren't really that much better than whoever wins the Southeast. Right now the difference between the two is 4 points, which is smaller than the distance between the 4 and 5 pairing, which nobody complains about. That series, regardless of who plays in it will be a hard fought series between two teams who are similar in on-ice performance. The fact that the 6 seed is a little better, that both teams likely won't make it out of the second round, and that neither would realistically make it out of the first if it weren't for the stupid division 1-2-3 rule, has no bearing on the competition that will take place on the ice.

I can understand what you're saying here. Plus, I don't think this year's 3 seed is the weakest ever. Florida last year surely wins that prize. :lol: I'll agree to rescind my characterization of the sixth seed getting essentially a bye. That was a little unreasonable.

I still think the overall high level of competitiveness of the NE versus the awful nature of the SE makes the 3 vs 6 a bit uneven. Just compare the division records between Washington and all the NE playoff teams. If the sixth seed is from the NE (which looks likely), they'll have a winning record against the SE. No NE playoff teams have a losing record against the SE.

While two points are two points and a playoff spot is a playoff spot, I don't think it's really reasonable to equate a win against Florida with a win against Toronto. If that makes any sense. :lol:

My Picks:

East Final: Montreal vs Boston

West Final: Chicago vs Anaheim

SC Final: Montreal vs Chicago could go either way

Montreal is my Fav to win the cup this year tho 3rd overall we look great, Price just needs to step it up if we are going anywhere ;)