The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #43 Wed, 17 Apr 2013 Canadiens @ Penguins 7:00 PM RDS, TSN

HabsRuleForever

:blink: :blink: ,,,,,,,I see you went to a lot of effort to put the GDT together, HRF. Just what I expected. Must have taken quite some time to look-up and pilfer 911's pciture. :lol: :lol:,,,,ya we know,,,shovelling snow again. <_<

JK Bud. Good to see it up and running. :)

All I'm expecting is a work ethic from the boys.

Tonight is where we right the ship. :)
I expect a big effort from the boys, puck battle wins and tight checking.

On a side note, an interesting post by TSN's Bob McKenzie, here: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=420953

TSN asked NHL coaches to predict the award winners. They got results from each conference as they didnt play each other this year, and had winners for each award in both the eastern & western conferences.

Awards pertinent to us:

- Montreal's Brendan Gallagher narrowly edged Florida's Jonathan Huberdeau for top Calder consideration

- Montreal's Carey Price, topped the survey, (which was conducted after he was lit up by Toronto on Saturday but before he was torched by Philadelphia on Monday night) for the Vezina.

- Montreal's P.K. Subban was the clear No. 1 choice as the Eastern Conference's top defenceman,

- Montreal coach Michel Therrien was chosen No. 1 by his Eastern Conference peers, ahead of both Ottawa's Paul MacLean and Toronto's Randy Carlyle at Nos. 2 and 3.

Now, dont read too much into this (they are impromptu, they are by the coaches, not the PHWA, and they are one conference only) and i still think we really only have a legitimate chance at 1 or 2 of these, but its nice to see some love for les boys AND its interesting to note that while some fans are willing to throw Carey out with the bathwater, he is the choice of the eastern conference coaches as best goalie- despite having a somewhat subpar season.

No Ryder in the lineup tonight?

TSN:

Forward Michael Ryder won't play tonight and is day-to-day with an upper body injury, may play tomorrow vs Tampa

Cube is out Weber is in.

Malkin is day-to-day. He practiced on Tuesday, but did not work with any lines.

Weber replacing Beaulieu on 3rd pairing with Drewiske tonight.

Dumont or Blunden will be decided after warm-up.

Not sure of the Habs lines. My mistake.

TSN:

Forward Michael Ryder won't play tonight and is day-to-day with an upper body injury, may play tomorrow vs Tampa

Cube is out Weber is in.

Malkin is day-to-day. He practiced on Tuesday, but did not work with any lines.

Weber replacing Beaulieu on 3rd pairing with Drewiske tonight.

Dumont or Blunden will be decided after warm-up

Wait, Bouillon is out and Weber is in... But Beaulieu is replaced on the third pairing?

Wait, Bouillon is out and Weber is in... But Beaulieu is replaced on the third pairing?

I was just reading that.

So that means:

Subban-Gorges

Markov-??

Weber-Drewiske

Or did they mean that Beaulieu is moving up next to Markov (thus being replaced on the 3rd by weber?)