The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Game #47~ Canadiens @ Jets. Thursday, April 25th, 2013.

Clues

As much as I love what Therrien has done with the team, and as good of a job as he's done, he has completely failed in his usage of DD.

Until DD stops getting preferential treatment, nothing positive is going to happen. Let's be honest here, too. It's not like he's done a whole lot to warrant it.

As much as I love what Therrien has done with the team, and as good of a job as he's done, he has completely failed in his usage of DD. Epic fail. See: Powerplay. Hate to beat a dead horse, but come on.

Why does he absolutely refuse to create a dedicated powerplay line? Ridiculous.

Give that PP time to AG and I'm sure he'll come through for us.

Refresh my memory, how many years are left on Marky's contract?

1 for now at 5.75M, but just wait until MB offers him a 4-year extension and calls him a cornerstone of the franchise. Right now, Bergevin's 4 corners are Markov, Prust, Bouillon, and Desharnais.

Until DD stops getting preferential treatment, nothing positive is going to happen. Let's be honest here, too. It's not like he's done a whole lot to warrant it.

That's what I meant. Desharnais should have been demoted to the third line a month ago, and should be a healthy scratch right now. He is just awful. The bias that is going on is so obvious that its sad. Eller has been great this year and cant even dream of getting into the top 6, while DD has done absolutely jack all year, and has played in the top 6 ALL YEAR. That's horrible.

1 for now at 5.75M, but just wait until MB offers him a 4-year extension and calls him a cornerstone of the franchise. Right now, Bergevin's 4 corners are Markov, Prust, Bouillon, and Desharnais.

If he resigns Markov to anything but a severe and short hometown discount, I think we can safely say the Bergevin honeymoon is over.

That's what I meant. Desharnais should have been demoted to the third line a month ago, and should be a healthy scratch right now. He is just awful. The bias that is going on is so obvious that its sad. Eller has been great this year and cant even dream of getting into the top 6, while DD has done absolutely jack all year, and has played in the top 6 ALL YEAR. That's horrible.

At this point, I'd like to not see him dress for a playoff game. What has he been contributing? He wins a few more face offs than he loses, but that's entirely it.

Well the thing with Markov, though, is that it's hard to take him out of the lineup right now. I mean it's something wecan hopefully address in the offseason, but even if he's not playing well we don't really have anyone else for the top four.

I mean Kabs is a possibility (if they would use him), but even then it's more of a wing and a prayer thing with himn too at this point

If he resigns Markov to anything but a severe and short hometown discount, I think we can safely say the Bergevin honeymoon is over.

At this point, I'd like to not see him dress for a playoff game. What has he been contributing? He wins a few more face offs than he loses, but that's entirely it.

He's contributing to my stomach ulcer. Aaaaaand... that's about it.

"At this point, I'd like to not see him dress for a playoff game."

Yeah that's a real nice dream. I mean, I have the same one too. But I think that's as likely to happen as him scoring 4 hat tricks in a row... actually, make that just 1 hat trick. Since both are equally impossible <_<

I just don't see how Kaberle can be worse than Markov. Markov has been on the ice for half the team's ES goals against. He's only got about 5 points himself at ES. And he's a fairly big liability defensively at ES and on the PK. His only contribution has been his tally on the PP, which has also stopped of late. You can't tell me Kaberle couldn't also put up points playing with Subban on the PP (he did okay last year), and he certainly can't do any worse than Markov at the other aspects of the game. Bonus: he has two working knees.