The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Please wish me luck in racewalking the next few weeks

To Habs fans everywhere: I've entered some races in preparation for the Volkslaufe in Frankenmuth July 4. I will be doing the Swartz Creek (Michigan) Evening Dash this Thursday night, the Diplo-Dash Ice Cream Bash June 6 in Flint, the Dalmation Run June 15, and the Flushing Evening Walk in Flushing, Michigan. These will be in advance of the Volkslaufe. I will also be entering some races TBA prior to the Crim Festival of Races, of which I'm also registered for the 8k. The others are 5k. Please wish me luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So far - 1st in my age group in the Swartz Creek 5k Walk, 2nd in the Diplo-Dash, and 1st in the Dalmation Run. My age group is ages 50-54.

2nd in the Diplo-dash <_< ( too much ice-cream ,,,,JK :) )? But 1st in the other 2. Great,,,keep up to good work/walks/runs.

Good on you Larry. :) ,,, I know I couldn't do it. :(

Won my age group tonight in the Flushing, Michigan, Evening 5k Walk. Last week, I finished first in my age group in the Dalmation Run 5k Walk in Clio, Michigan. I will be doing the Volkslaufe 5k Walk on July 4 - Independence Day in the US.

2nd in the Diplo-dash <_< ( too much ice-cream ,,,,JK :) )? But 1st in the other 2. Great,,,keep up to good work/walks/runs.

Good on you Larry. :) ,,, I know I couldn't do it. :(

Ice cream wasn't unil the end, and I could not eat it due to my Type 2 diabetes. Would have been nice, though. The diabetes is part of the reason I've been walking the last few years.

Won my age group tonight in the Flushing, Michigan, Evening 5k Walk. Last week, I finished first in my age group in the Dalmation Run 5k Walk in Clio, Michigan. I will be doing the Volkslaufe 5k Walk on July 4 - Independence Day in the US.

Best of luck on July 4th, Larry.