The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mark Streit

Guest Regis2

I'm surprised the Flyers went this direction. With every passing year, they're getting further and further away from the Broad Street bullies.

Not to mention this is a lot of money for a 35 year old, even in his prime he wasn't considered elite. He's a solid offensive dman, but not a game changer.

Flyers keep digging themselves a hole. They let go bobrovsky and kept Leighton, dropped carter and Richards to make room for Bryz (who has been a disappointment). Then Bobrovsky went on to have a great season in Columbus winning the vezina, while Bryz struggled and flyers never climbed out of the basement.

Now they're over cap and still don't look any better on paper.

Bet they're kicking themselves for letting Bobrovsky go and for not being patient while he matured. Well, columbus is happy they gave up on him so soon.

i think it's safe to say that the flyers will be shedding some salary this summer.

Proof that spending big money for quick fixes don't always have great results.

Buying out Briere

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=425925

Take $6.5 m off , then add $5 m for Streit....................who I'm guessing in 3 or 4 yrs they'll try to dump him

They'll have to do something since Streit falls in the over 35 category, meaning if he retires before his contract is up, his salary still counts until the remainder of his contract.

Briere is definitely being bought out, but that still leaves them a little tight. Wouldn't be surprised to see them make a few more moves.

So far their moves have been desperation moves, how can you sign an aging dman who even in his prime was not an elite dman to a 5 mil/4 year deal. They're grasping at straws at this point imo.

If I was the owner I would fire and replace management and retool by moving veterns and bringing in youth and draft picks..

i agree, he has to be feeling the heat in Philly. They were so close to being a cup winning team, then they traded away 2 of their key players to bring in a number goalie, who has been a huge disappointment imo.

The worst in all this is, they sent Bobrovsky packing and he went on to win the vezina with his new team. Sure made flyers management look like big morons.

If I was the owner I would fire and replace management and retool by moving veterns and bringing in youth and draft picks..

Im absolutely shocked they still have their jobs. One thing after another - the last few years has been, frankly, one of the worst stretches of work Ive ever seen done by a GM.

Archived