The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Boston Bruins 2013-2014

ColRouleBleu

NHL.com. Patrice Bergeron is being treated for a broken rib, torn rib cartilage, a separated shoulder, and a punctured lung.

Wow, I'm surprised they let him play game 6. They must've known, he went straight to hopital during game 5.

So, sounds like the Seguin era in Boston is over.

Going to Dallas, Eriksson coming the other way. More parts involved.

I tell ya, Eriksson might be older than Seguin...but he's a hell of an all around player and this IMO makes Boston stronger (dependant on what else happens).

He also comes in 1.5 million and change cheaper every year, and signed for 3m ore years.

Wow, that's a pretty major trade. It will be interesting to see what the other parts involved are

tumblr_mpfepuLkmC1qeqh0no1_500.png

That's Ryan Button Joe Morrow, and Reilly Smith

I'm actually pretty surprised but I guess they weren't getting what they wanted from Seguin and Eriksson (as KeepsitReal mentioned) is a great addition for them.

I'm actually pretty surprised but I guess they weren't getting what they wanted from Seguin and Eriksson (as KeepsitReal mentioned) is a great addition for them.

It could be a position and/or a contract thing, too. With Seguin's new contract I think he'd be making more that Eriksson, so this gives them cap space. They're also pretty strong at centre already with Bergeron and Krejci, and as long as Seguin was there at least one of those 3 good players was going to be getting the short end of the ice time stick. Eriksson lets them spend their money on a guy who's actually going to get a chance to play on the top lines

Rask signs 8 year deal at 7 mill a season.

Bruins cap has to be getting tight now.

Wow. 138 nhl games & a $56m contract??

I mean dont get me wrong, he seems like 'the real deal' but how often have we seen Goalies get big contracts & then bomb. I am shocked its for that much money for that long. I mean heck, he's never even played more than 45 games in a season. Feels a lot like the Halak deal when he signed in St. Louis - one amazing playoff run & some stretches of brilliance in the regular season....but this is for longer and way more money.

Its the bruins, so i certainly hope it backfires. :P

Wow. 138 nhl games & a $56m contract??

I mean dont get me wrong, he seems like 'the real deal' but how often have we seen Goalies get big contracts & then bomb. I am shocked its for that much money for that long. I mean heck, he's never even played more than 45 games in a season. Feels a lot like the Halak deal when he signed in St. Louis - one amazing playoff run & some stretches of brilliance in the regular season....but this is for longer and way more money.

Its the bruins, so i certainly hope it backfires. :P

As well as he did in the lockout shortened season, he had no answer for our skilled forwards. And really, I don't think it was so much that he shutt out the pens, I think the pens did it to themselves.

I felt that (at times) they played the ECF as if they were already the EC champs, basically going through the motions. Either they shot from bad angles or played as if each forward had their own agendas. I didn't see much team work from the pens, which made Rask's job that much easier. rarely did we see them look for the open man and pass. Every time malkin had the puck he put it on net, as i said earlier it made rasks job easier... he didn't have to worry about a pass, he only had to keep his eye on the shooter.

Same for the hawks, first few games they constantly entered the ozone on the left side and took shots from the half boards 9shots rask handled easily). When the hawks finally realized they had to work for the cup, they applied pressure in the ozone (instead of skating in and simply taking shots from any angle), got their passing game going and made rask work. took about 3 games before we saw the same Hawks team that coasted through the western conference. Once they forced the b's defenders to chase the puck in the ozone and kept moving the puck, they made life hard on rask and he didn't look like the dominant force that shut out the pens.

It's a lot of money for an unproven number 1. Not saying he isn't a NHLer, he is, just we don't know at what level. As you pointed out, Halak looked great, stole the #1 spot away from Price and then brought our habs to the ECF (eliminating the president trophy winners and reigning cup champs), but he basically played the same amount of games that rask played in this shortened schedule.

They also let go of a young stud in Seguin to clear cap space and sign rask.

I'm with you, I hope this backfires on them. especially with all the luck they've had in the last few years.

• 1 month later...

According to Capgeek they are just over a million over the cap. I think that includes Savard though, who would leave 3M in space if he were put on LTIR.

Yes it does. They're OK.

Archived