The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Carolina Hurricanes 2013-2014

ColRouleBleu

• 2 weeks later...

Canes have signed Komi for 1 Yr. at $700,000 :lol:

That sounds about right.

As a lower pairing/depth guy, it's a decent signing.

If we weren't already overloaded with low pairing depth guys, I wouldn't have minded signing him for the same money.

• 4 weeks later...

NHL.com. Carolina signs free agent forward Sergey Tolchinsky to a three year entry level contract. He will receive $550,000 in the NHL or $55,000 in the AHL in the first season, $550,000 in the NHL or $67,500 in the AHL in the second year, and $575,000 in the NHL or $67,500 in the AHL in the third year. He also receives a $150,000 signing bonus.

• 2 weeks later...

NHL.com. Carolina is likely to start the season without Joni Pitkanen who will be getting a CT scan to determine how much his broken left heel has heeled. The injury occured when he fell into the boards on April 2 against Washington. According to general manager Jim Rutherford, Pitkanen has had difficulty standing on his heel and he could out of action anywhere from two weeks to an entire year. The extent of his injury at this point would need to be determined.

• 2 weeks later...

After the preseason 6 to 0 lost to the Habs. Kirk Muller was criticized for putting in a stacked lineup to beat the habs in the back to back games, with the premise of he should be evaluating players, instead of wanting to beat the Habs. In defense of Kirk Muller, IMO, I think Muller was thinking of the mental state of his players, after such a beating, and going foward. Whatever, the reasons, he is their coach.

• 1 month later...

Poor canes, their back up injured himself as well, Khudobin. He was the b's backup and the tender who beat us in pre-season, after habs lit up ward a few days earlier in Quebec city.

Wonder if they'll resign Legacy again.

Theo went to Europe didn't he?

Bryz is always available. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor canes, their back up injured himself as well, Khudobin. He was the b's backup and the tender who beat us in pre-season, after habs lit up ward a few days earlier in Quebec city.

Wonder if they'll resign Legacy again.

Theo went to Europe didn't he?

Bryz is always available. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had a joke about trading Budaj here, but apparently Tony Marinaro beat me to it yesterday. :P

I had a joke about trading Budaj here, but apparently Tony Marinaro beat me to it yesterday. :P

Trade Budaj for a staal brother, canes have to be pretty desperate right about now. :lol:

I'd laugh if they signed Bryz.

Theo if he isn't happy, may asked to be released from his contract, he could maybe be a good fit there.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived