Nathan Beaulieu #40

8476470.jpg

__ Stats __.__ Splits __.__ Game Log __.__ Notes __.__ Videos __

Archive 2012-2013
Position: Defenseman Shoots: Left
Birth Place: Strathroy, ON, CAN
Birth Date: 05-Dec-1992 Age: 20
Height: 6' 1" Weight: 182
Drafted by: Montreal Draft Year: 2011 Round 1(17 overall)

0a78819053b9451d8e201de2950197ab_normal. @natebeaulieu

166674728_slide.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well he and his dad plead guilty to assault. I wonder how well that sits with M.B. seeing as he's so set on character?

From the London free Press:

"On Wednesday, the father and son pleaded guilty to one count of assault. Each was assessed penalties of conditional discharges with nine months’ probation — a joint recommendation from the Crown and the defence

The Montreal Canadiens aren’t commenting on what happened in court, a team spokesperson said.

“Nathan Beaulieu will be at our training camp as planned,” said spokesperson Donald Beauchamp"

Well i didn't think he'd be shunned or black balled, but for a GM that pushes character, this can't sit too well as it doesn't really show good character. I was wondering if it would have a factor on him staying in Hamilton as others get called up ahead of him, to maybe prove he's smartened up or improved his character? Was just a thought.

Well i didn't think he'd be shunned or black balled, but for a GM that pushes character, this can't sit too well as it doesn't really show good character. I was wondering if it would have a factor on him staying in Hamilton as others get called up ahead of him, to maybe prove he's smartened up or improved his character? Was just a thought.

I would think that the Habs brain-trust would be keeping an closer eye on his off-ice activities. Also,, Beaulieu should be aware that he is being watched, after all, it's his career.

Well, a lawyer advised them to plead guilty, so i'm kinda led to beleive they were in the wrong, wich would be bad judgement. He has talent so maybe some babysitting would be good, it'd be a shame to throw away a career because of stupidity. I know it was just one incident but possibly could lead to more if not addressed or monitored. I'd rather MB correct the issue instead of trading away a problem player and he straighten out somewhere else and become the player we knew he would.......plus it's August and there isn't much else to talk about lol. :P

Well, a lawyer advised them to plead guilty, so i'm kinda led to beleive they were in the wrong, wich would be bad judgement. He has talent so maybe some babysitting would be good, it'd be a shame to throw away a career because of stupidity. I know it was just one incident but possibly could lead to more if not addressed or monitored. I'd rather MB correct the issue instead of trading away a problem player and he straighten out somewhere else and become the player we knew he would.......plus it's August and there isn't much else to talk about lol. :P

I think he was advised to plead guilty because that discharged the assault charges, meaning clean record, zero impact on his hockey career/travel. That's not to say he wasn't in the wrong. He could have gotten in a fight for the best reasons or the stupidest/worst reasons, I really don't anything about the situation leading up to it.

In any case, our GM comes from an organization who's star player and playoff MVP punched a cab driver in the head for not giving him the correct change, so I'd like to believe he won't do anything drastic ;)

In any case, our GM comes from an organization who's star player and playoff MVP punched a cab driver in the head for not giving him the correct change, so I'd like to believe he won't do anything drastic ;)

Excellent Point, since MB ( a man of character), wants what is best for the Montreal Canadians. I would suspect, that NB is nervous as to how this may or may not affect his career. Has he apologized, expected to apologize, or better left unsaid?

Could Nathan be a future replacement for Markov? Or could he be trade bait? I'm not suggesting I would likre to trade one of the Habs top prospects here... just speculating.

With Marc Bergevin's recent moves to make the Habs bigger and tougher as a team and the plethora of left-hand d-men in the organization, I wonder if Beaulieu would be considered a trade chip other teams may show an interest in.

I wouldn't be against trading him if the long term return is of equal or better value as per our team needs. The last thing i want to see is another repeat of the trade with the Rangers, that lost us a top 4 D-man for a bandaid.

Could Nathan be a future replacement for Markov? Or could he be trade bait? I'm not suggesting I would likre to trade one of the Habs top prospects here... just speculating.

With Marc Bergevin's recent moves to make the Habs bigger and tougher as a team and the plethora of left-hand d-men in the organization, I wonder if Beaulieu would be considered a trade chip other teams may show an interest in.

For me it's a toss up between beaulieu and Ellis. One thing that Ellis has over Beaulieu is that he's a right handed shot, so i think Ellis may make better trade bait. It all depends if he continues to develop, Beaulieu is defnitely closer to the NHL than Ellis, but the right handed shot from the blueline is something a lot of teams need. With Ellis, the habs have 3 off-dman with right handed shots... Subban, Diaz and Ellis. I would imagine if Ellis continues to develop, they may keep him and try to deal Diaz, can only have so many right handed shots on your blueline.

I'm really excited for beaulieu, i liked the Tinordi pick, but have been awaiting beaulieu's presence even more than Tinordi's.

Given that MB wants to get bigger and more physical I don't see Tinordi on the trading block, but think that Beaulieu, Diaz and/or Ellis may be moved to help us in other areas. Right now Ellis is kind of a wildcard, his first season in hamilton was unimpressive, but it was his rookie season and he wasn't the only dog to underperform.

This season will be a big season for Ellis, he either busts or shows what made him such a key player in the Q.

• 1 month later...

I would like to see Nathan in for the next game instead of Tinordi. Nothing against Tinordi, I just want to see what else Nathan can do.

I've liked what I've seen so far from both, and I think they are both running out of things to learn in the AHL. It would be a risk dressing 2 rookies on the back end, but I wouldn't mind seeing Boullion or Diaz sit for a game or two.

Archived