The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Parros a Hab

KeepsItReal

Ok, we're not getting a guy who's going to play all 82 games and at a high level, but we're getting one of the best fighters in the NHL.

Take some pressure off Prust and this is a guy who strikes fear in opponents.

We gave up nothing to have a guy who can take on Orr and other enforcers.

I'm happy with this move. Still need size up front though.

Ok, we're not getting a guy who's going to play all 82 games and at a high level, but we're getting one of the best fighters in the NHL.

Take some pressure off Prust and this is a guy who strikes fear in opponents.

We gave up nothing to have a guy who can take on Orr and other enforcers.

I'm happy with this move. Still need size up front though.

Hey,,he's a RW,,, there's your size up front, 6'5",,,228#,,,, :P:rolleyes:

But I would have preferred John Scott,,,,, 6'8",,,270# :D

I just watched a video of him beating Orr up. I'm happy.

That's the actual fight i was thinking of when I mentioned Orr in my previous post.

he'll also be able to take on Lucic. :)

Chara even at his age is a beast and i doubt anyone not even BGL ever won a clear fight against chara. They fought a few times and imo they were draws.

Parros, we added some much needed grit and gave up next to nothing.

Hey,,he's a RW,,, there's your size up front, 6'5",,,228#,,,, :P:rolleyes:

In certain situations yes, he could play the odd shift up front. If Bickell (who is not even close to a top 6 guy), can help the hawks, I'm sure MT could throw Parros on the top line for a shift if he sees we're getting pushed around.

Ya, we can have him take on those guys with guys like Prust and White handling guys more close to their weight class.

Exactly, Prust and white won't have to fight guys above their weight class.

This gives us balance on our bottom lines.

Now let's see MB add balance to our top lines.

Problem here is, when he dresses, where do you play him? He can't do checking-line minutes on the fourth line, the way Therrien used the fourth line this year, and he's useless in any other capacity...

We'll just rotate some guys in I'd imagine. He'll get 8 minutes a game and we'll just rotate Prust between the 3rd and 4th lines.

Problem here is, when he dresses, where do you play him? He can't do checking-line minutes on the fourth line, the way Therrien used the fourth line this year, and he's useless in any other capacity...

That's the issue with Parros, he has no hockey skills. Keep him at the end of the bench and double shift either Prust or Meon.

I love this, yes he has dubious hockey skills but doesn't take tripping , hooking or many small lame penalties. Better than John Scott and maybe will erase the memories of how useless the other Georges was here.

If he can actually pull this off, the trade's a win for us ;)

We didn't give up anything so that doesn't hurt but dressing him will make our roster actively worse.

Hopefully he's used sparingly against teams Therrien profiles as requiring us having a goon dressed.

Man, I am more excited about this trade than the Danny Briere trade. I was stoked when laraque came here but he just kinda kittened out. The Stache will be great for the fans and the team. 4th smartest man in all pro sports and the smartest NHL player...Hope he can work on his balance out there and pummel the bruins.

Makes under a million, one-year left on his deal, didn't give up much: I like it as long as he doesn't play a regular offensive line shift.

Really thats what most of these moves need to come down to. In and of themselves, they are fine, but how effective (or helpful) any of them will be will have to do with MT's use of the players.

Archived