Martin St Pierre

8470366.jpg

Position: Centre
Shoots: Left
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 188
Born: 11 August 1983
Birthplace: Ottawa, Ontario

• St-Pierre, 29, played in the AHL last year with the Rockford IceHogs, and affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks. He had 26 goals and 33 assists in 76 games. St-Pierre has appeared in 38 NHL games for Chicago, Boston, and Ottawa.

St-Pierre signed with the Canadiens in 2013 after attending the Habs development camp.

• 1 month later...
Martin St. Pierre has agreed to a one-year, two-way contract with the Montreal Canadiens.

St. Pierre will earn $550k if he spends the 2013-14 campaign in the NHL and $225k annually at the AHL level. He's an organization depth player that's fantastic in the minors, but has no fantasy value.

• 2 months later...

Bergevin is aware that we already have a David Desharnais, right? Is the plan to play a 4th line of St-Pierre, Desharnais, and Parros?

Joking aside, I think St-Pierre can be a decent 4th line player, albeit it I truly cannot see how we line him up with Desharnais on the same line.

lol.............just what they need , another small player

All joking aside , I know nothing of him .

In fact Ive never heard of him.

Im sure he has character :)

It's not odd if the plan is to keep Desharnais in the press box. If DD is also playing, then it's a terrible decision.

This is what I was thinking, I hope that's what this means.

The alternative is, this guy is going to sit in the pressbox as injury insurance and we'd rather do that to a journeyman vs a still developping prospect.

This is what I was thinking, I hope that's what this means.

The alternative is, this guy is going to sit in the pressbox as injury insurance and we'd rather do that to a journeyman vs a still developping prospect.

Possibly, but it's not like Blunden was a young prospect and he's the guy we sent down for St-Pierre.

Who cares if Blunden's big and St.Pierre's small? Blunden was playing horrible. St.Pierre is doing great so far in Hamilton and it's just another case of Bergevin rewarding a guy for playing well.

I have no problem with this. Although maybe Nattinen or somebody would have been a better choice.

Who cares if Blunden's big and St.Pierre's small? Blunden was playing horrible. St.Pierre is doing great so far in Hamilton and it's just another case of Bergevin rewarding a guy for playing well.

I have no problem with this. Although maybe Nattinen or somebody would have been a better choice.

I don't have a problem with the team opting for St-Pierre over Blunden. Was replying to BCH's point that the team may have wanted a veteran to sit in the pressbox and was pointing out that Blunden could have filled that role just as well. I have no issue with the team inserting St-Pierre onto the 4th line at some point, but it makes no sense to put him on the same line as Desharnais and have two small pass-first players skating together with an enforcer who can't score. It's simply a waste.

I don't have a problem with the team opting for St-Pierre over Blunden. Was replying to BCH's point that the team may have wanted a veteran to sit in the pressbox and was pointing out that Blunden could have filled that role just as well. I have no issue with the team inserting St-Pierre onto the 4th line at some point, but it makes no sense to put him on the same line as Desharnais and have two small pass-first players skating together with an enforcer who can't score. It's simply a waste.

I actually wasn't referring to you. I agree with you. I think that he'll just be in the press box or in the lineup over DD. Not at the same time.

That is decent coin for the minors...

Martin St. Pierre has agreed to a one-year, two-way contract with the Montreal Canadiens.
St. Pierre will earn $550k if he spends the 2013-14 campaign in the NHL and $225k annually at the AHL level. He's an organization depth player that's fantastic in the minors, but has no fantasy value.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived