The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Training camp and pre-season games

kinot-1

Here is the schedule for the Habs pre-season games:

They play 7 games in total from September 15th through the 26th. 5 games are in Montreal, 1 in Quebec, and 1 in Ottawa...so they won't have to travel too far.

Sept. 15 vs Buffalo, 7 PM

Sept. 16 vs Boston, 7 PM,,,, should be a goodie

Sept. 20 @ Carolina, 7:30 PM (in Quebec; yes, Carolina is the home team out of that)

Sept. 21 vs Carolina, 7 PM

Sept. 23 vs New Jersey, 7:30 PM

Sept. 25 @ Ottawa, 7:30 PM,,, another goodie :D

Sept. 26 vs Ottawa, 7:30 PM,,, the final touch, :rolleyes:

Hopefully, RDS or another broadcaster will pick-up some of the games.

If any member knows who might broadcast the games,,,, please post it here,,,, CRB, you're usually on top of things :rolleyes::P ?

Last time they had pre season games all but 2 were on RDS,they haven't even got the TSN games on the schedule and I can't find a list of games they will be showing.

I CAN"T WAIT, GO HABS GO :wub::wub: :wub: :wub::wub:

• 3 weeks later...

Woe to those of us who live outside of Quebec/NB

I don't know about you Manatee, but I live in London, (Ont.), and I pay around $7 per month for the French package, which includes RDS (and a bunch of other French language stations). I have it only for the Habs games. I think it's worth it. :) RDS broadcasts every Habs game,,, no hunting for the games for me :D

Yeah I get RDS too, but at least in my neck of the woods you can only get it with digital cable. Which means that the 7$ a month goes up to at least 17$ a month over what we'd order otherwise. It's still not the end of the world, true, but I certainly wouldn't complain if it wasn't a fancy French specialty channel anymore.

Having done all my whining, though, I will say that it's pretty cool that I can watch every game without having to worry about who may or may not be broadcasting it. In that sense it's worth every penny :)

I don't know about you Manatee, but I live in London, (Ont.), and I pay around $7 per month for the French package, which includes RDS (and a bunch of other French language stations). I have it only for the Habs games. I think it's worth it. :) RDS broadcasts every Habs game,,, no hunting for the games for me :D

Preseason Games:

The last preseason by Rds was: Sept 20, 2011 http://www.allhabs.net/all-habs-news/canadiens-press-release/rds-pre-season-broadcast-schedule/

At the end of July 2007, RDS and the Montreal Canadiens extended their exclusive broadcasting rights contract through 2013. The deal includes all of the Canadiens' 82 regular season games and all of their playoff games, if need be (none of this precludes CBC Sports from televising games in English as part ofHockey Night in Canada). Also, RDS has exclusive French broadcasting rights for the NHL All-Star Game and Skills Contest, as well as one NHL game per week that does not involve the Canadiens and a minimum of 40 playoff games for either RDS or RIS. The Canadiens also granted RDS exclusive rights to 'new media' coverage for the team (i.e., cell-phone TV, podcast and others).[8]

The Habs show RDS during season and playoffs, but not on preseason schedule.

RDS will not give access on their site to the tv schedule for this years first preseason game date.

Does this appear, not very promising for habs fans. HOPE NOT, I tried :huh: Hopefully, news this week?

RDS will not give access on their site to the tv schedule for this years first preseason game date.

Does this appear, not very promising for habs fans. HOPE NOT, I tried :huh: Hopefully, news this week?

I wouldn't give up hope just yet, habby. RDS knows that Quebec is hockey mad and will watch pre-season games (as long as it doesn't conflict with a better, read audience, that, sport will have). They have stats from 2011, that tell them what the audience was for the pre-season games, and will broadcast accordingly.

ColRouleBleu, on 25 Aug 2013 - 00:53, said:snapback.png

The Sept 16 pre-season game vs the Booins will be broadcasted on TSN2

YEAAAAAA ,,,Usually when TSN braodcast's a game,, so does RDS.

scared_zpsfc40a5bf.gif HAPPYDANCE.gif Happydance-1.gif

"DITTO" lol and a big Yahoo

Archived