The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#6 Douglas Murray 2013-2014

kinot-1

Has this been confirmed, or is it still speculation from practice today?

Still speculation. It would seem, based on everything we've seen and the fact that Beaulieu makes so much more sense in the lineup than Murray, that it is probably 70/30 we see Beau over Murray at this point, but until the puck drops its tough to say for certain.

Still speculation. It would seem, based on everything we've seen and the fact that Beaulieu makes so much more sense in the lineup than Murray, that it is probably 70/30 we see Beau over Murray at this point, but until the puck drops its tough to say for certain.

If you go by what makes sense, then we would have seen Beau playing since the regular season and Murray traded away for pucks.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, but won't hold my breath.

Has this been confirmed, or is it still speculation from practice today?

If it's true, then I will be the first to perform the "feats of strength".

It's not confirmed, because Therrien has never officially confirmed his lineup before the games. But he practiced with Weaver and left the ice with the regular players so it's looking pretty good.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mrsmarkov

"I would have liked to contribute more to the success of the team this season." - Murray

Oh really?? and how would you have managed that?

I'm buying your plane ticket and packing your bags for Sweden myself. The only GM dumb enough to take him would probably be Nonis, I'd love that!

"I would have liked to contribute more to the success of the team this season." - Murray

Oh really?? and how would you have managed that?

I'm buying your plane ticket and packing your bags for Sweden myself. The only GM dumb enough to take him would probably be Nonis, I'd love that!

Can't fault the guy for his shortcomings. I have no doubt he gave his best every game he played. Unfortunately it wasn't to our standards, even though MT played him as much as he did. He fought for us and blocked a ton of shots, and for that he has my respect. Don't want him back though.

I agree I think he did his job. He was obviously signed for the attributes he had. I don't think Therrien or Bergevin were surprised by his play. He was part of a team that got us within six games of a cup, while allowing younger players to develop in the minors whether we agreed with that philosophy or not. I am sure he did what they asked of him or he would have been released. We wouldn't have worried about the salary. I hope we find the toughness he brought from some others next year. Good luck Doug.

Guest mrsmarkov

Can't fault the guy for his shortcomings. I have no doubt he gave his best every game he played. Unfortunately it wasn't to our standards, even though MT played him as much as he did. He fought for us and blocked a ton of shots, and for that he has my respect. Don't want him back though.

This part is where I have to disagree.

This part is where I have to disagree.

Fair enough.

My opinion is that the speed of game has surpassed his abilities and contributed to make him look inadequate. Age is a killer unfortunately. A pure case of the mind willing and the body not, as far as Murray goes. I think the blame has to go to management for a bad signing, and to the coach for failing to recognize his shortcomings until late in the season/playoffs.

Guest mrsmarkov

Fair enough.

My opinion is that the speed of game has surpassed his abilities and contributed to make him look inadequate. Age is a killer unfortunately. A pure case of the mind willing and the body not, as far as Murray goes. I think the blame has to go to management for a bad signing, and to the coach for failing to recognize his shortcomings until late in the season/playoffs.

I agree with every single word, but in my opinion the factor of not caring played a role as well. Just like I never believed Vanek or Bourque cared (he cared when he felt like it).

This. His time with the team is done but you cant fault him for wanting to help.

That said, he's uber-smart and Im sure he can see his shortcomings. Too bad we didn't have him 10 years earlier because in his early days in SJ he was pretty hard to play against.

Guest mrsmarkov

This. His time with the team is done but you cant fault him for wanting to help.

That said, he's uber-smart and Im sure he can see his shortcomings. Too bad we didn't have him 10 years earlier because in his early days in SJ he was pretty hard to play against.

Ya when I heard we acquired him I was extremely excited because I remember his days in San Jose. I was extremely bummed afterwards.

I never really saw his shortcomings as a lack of effort so much as footspeed and the effects of being 34 years old in a young man's game. I don't lay any blame at his feet so much as the coaching staff for continuing with a failed experiment for so long.

Guest mrsmarkov

Apparently, along with Gerard Gallant, Bergevin also gave FLA permission to speak with Doug Murray.

Well that's certainly interesting. Makes sense. They do need a tough guy. But he's not the player they should be seeking, but I wont stop them :lol:.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived