The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2013-2014 Forum Hockey Pool

beaubie

2w1ryg1.jpg

2i8gf9g.jpg
16llant.jpg
All are welcome to participate. Last time we did this, there were 15 participants. I was thinking of doing 10 this year but if there’s enough for 15 then we can do that. It will a first come, first served basis for who’s in. Once I have all the names of the members, I’ll literally do a random draw with little pieces of paper and a hat or something lol). This will determine the draft order.

n3s4o.jpg
his thread will serve as the draft stage. The order that is drawn will be the order in which the members will pick their players. After everyone has chosen in the first round, the order will be reversed; alternating from round to round. You may choose any position in any round when it is your turn. In the end, you should have 5 forwards, 2 defencemen and 1 goalie.
The first post will be updated with the teams as the draft moves along (Many thanks in advance for this mods!).
If you are absent, you should make an ordered list of the players you would like selected and PM to a member so they may make the selection on your behalf. The draft will end when everyone has their full teams.

o7rpqp.jpg
point per actual point earned by the forwards, defencemen, and goalie
2 points per win.
5 points per shutout.

35d3gup.jpg
There will be none.

osaf10.jpg
Should a player become injured, you have the option of:

• dropping the player and picking another player
or
• keeping him through the injury.

In the past, members were not allowed to pick up players that had previously been owned (and let go). Only undrafted players were available. This meant that once a player was dropped, he was no longer available to anyone at any time. I’ve since changed this rule as you can see above.
You can make as many roster changes as your little heart desires (granted there’s an injury) but you must always have the same number of players.
Once a player is dropped, you will henceforth have their points account for your total. Their previous points will not be added. I will count all points starting from when the player is picked up (If you could try and do this before games that would be very helpful. However, if not that’s ok). If you see relevant information on injuries for players, feel free to post it.
Injuries to goalies will be dealt with like this. Each starter will have a backup - the actual backup of the team. The only way that the backup may pick up points for your team is if your starter is not dressed due to injury. If he is sitting on the bench, dressed, it does not count towards your total. I'd like to point it out now should the issue arise (I don't think it will though) but in the case of two possible backups, only 1 will be counted.

t6dla8.jpg
In the case of a tie at the end of the season, goals for will be used.
When listing the teams in the regular updates, alphabetical order will be used in the case of two or more teams with the same amount of points.
I hope we can get back into the swing of things as we have done in the past and enjoy the season ahead of us.

_________
If there is absolutely anything you want to discuss to make this better or that you take issue with or see becoming an issue, please bring it up so we can talk about it!

Of course this is only if you guys want to do it! Even if it's a small group we can still go through with it throughout the season :)

Final Team Rosters

1. h_93

S. Crosby(F) K. Lehtonen(G) A. Kopitar(F) D. Doughty(D) O. Ekman-Larsson(D) T.Seguin(F) E.Kane(F) M.Gaborik(F)

2. HTL

E. Malkin(F) K. Letang(D) R. Suter(D) N. Backstrom(F) M. Ribeiro(F) B.Wheeler(F) A.Ladd(F) E.Nabokov(G)

3. F.S.

S. Stamkos(F) A. Niemi(G) A. Pietrangelo(D) M. Moulson(F) J. Eberle(F) P.Sharp(F) K.Shattenkirk(D) B.Richards(F)

4. HTB

A. Ovechkin(F) C. Perry(F) J. Halak(G) B. Seabrook(D) R. Diaz(D) J.Benn(F) J.Lupul(F) D.Krejci(F)

5. HRF

P. Kane(F) M.A. Fleury(G) P. Datsyuk(F) D. Keith(D) M. Duchene(F)J. Thorton(F) M.Hossa(F) S.Voynov(D)

6. MkGee

J. Tavares(F) P. Rinne(G) S. Weber(D) Z. Parise(F) D. Byfuglien(D) J.Voracek(F) P.Marleau(F) B.Marchand(F)

7. pp2009

PK Subban(D) R. Luongo(G) M. Pacioretty(F) R. Nash(F) A.Galchenyuk(F) R.N.Hopkins(F) A.Steen(F) J.Trouba(D)

8. d-h-79

C. Giroux(F) J.Howard(G) T. Hall(F) M. Green(D) J.Schultz(D) N.Yakupov(F) G.Landeskog(F) J.Iginla(F)

9. Uncivil.

T. Rask(G) H. Sedin(F) D. Sedin(F) M. Lucic(F) N.Kronwall(D) K.Timonen(D) Ryan Kesler(F) P.Elias(F)

10. kinot

J. Toews(F) C. Anderson(G) K. Kunitz(F) L. Couture(F) N.Kadri(F) PA.Parenteau(F) C.Franson(D) A.Goligoski(D)

11. Manatee

C. Crawford(G) P. Kessel(F) M. St. Louis(F) H. Zetterberg(F) M. Streit (D) T.Vanek(F) T.Enstrom(D) J.Carter(F)

12. TBHF123

E. Karlsson(D) J. Quick(G) J. Spezza(F) R. Getzlaf(F) A Edler(D) A.Semin(F) V.Lecavalier(F) P.Dupuis(F)

13. CRB

A. Markov(D) C. Price(G) Z. Chara(D) L. Eriksson(F) D.Stepan(F) T.Plekanec(F) J.Huberdeau(F) V.Nichushkin(F)

14. beaubie

E. Staal(F) H. Lundqvist(G) K. Yandle(D) J. Neal(F) B.Campbell(D) B.Ryan(F) D.Backes(F) J.van Riemsdyk(F)

I'll play if you need players,,, but will concede my spot if we have too many requests and not enough room. Thanks beaubie for doing this once again. I know it's tons of work on your part.

I'll play if you need players,,, but will concede my spot if we have too many requests and not enough room. Thanks beaubie for doing this once again. I know it's tons of work on your part.

I don't think there will be that many so I think you're good. Even if it's just 5 us us or something, I'll still do it. Less work for me and better teams to compete :P

On another note, can anyone suggest a date for when we should start the draft?

I'm in beaubie, did such a great job the last few years.

i would start is as soon as possible.

Suggestion, maybe start during the training camp so we have a good 80% of our teams done by the start of the season. But like last season, it isn't a big issue if they're a few games into the season by the time we actually finish with the draft.

Same here. Been debating for a while as to whether I want to or not, but if there's open spots then I'll go for it.

'm in beaubie, did such a great job the last few years.

i would start is as soon as possible.

Suggestion, maybe start during the training camp so we have a good 80% of our teams done by the start of the season. But like last season, it isn't a big issue if they're a few games into the season by the time we actually finish with the draft.

That would be best. Preseason starts on Saturday so there's no way we are doing it before that lol I was thinking of starting next week. Even if we go at a slow pace because someone of us can't always be on, there's not that many of us so I can't imagine it will take very long.

That would be best. Preseason starts on Saturday so there's no way we are doing it before that lol I was thinking of starting next week. Even if we go at a slow pace because someone of us can't always be on, there's not that many of us so I can't imagine it will take very long.

Even if we finish the draft a few games in, it won't change too much. A month in is a different story, but i wouldn't worry about a few games into the season.

take your time beaubie, it's an 82 game season, lots of time to build up points.

There's ten of us at the moment. I'll give it until the 21st (1 week) to see if there is anyone else that would like to join. That leaves us with a week and 2 days before the season starts to draft our teams. Is that good with everyone?

Also, If you haven't already, can you please read the part of the rules for Injuries and dropping players. I just want to make sure everyone is clear and in agreement with that section. Thanks.

I'll join, this will be my first time we'll see how i do between this and yahoo :)

ps on yahoo i have crosby and sharp <3

A few members participated in both the other years.

This one's a little easier to manage, basically runs itself once you've drafted your team. Only thing you have to keep an eye on is injuries.

If there's no draft hurry, I'll be in.

haven't seen you in a while, welcome back, have a good summer?

A few members participated in both the other years.

This one's a little easier to manage, basically runs itself once you've drafted your team. Only thing you have to keep an eye on is injuries.

haven't seen you in a while, welcome back, have a good summer?

Thanks FS, been off and on in here. Busy summer... probably busy fall (being 3 hours behind doesn't help either :D).

But now the season is back and domination time begins. You're all going down (in laughter at my poor selections).

Archived