The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2013-14 Scoreboard Watching

HabsRuleForever

Habs-Rule-Forever, on 15 Sept 2013 - 01:14, said:snapback.png

Yes we love our Habs. This is a thread to discuss other games you may be watching. Usually FH opens this thread but he seems to have taken the summer off.

I completely forgot about this thread. :huh:

Capitals defeat Jets in shootout at Hockeyville 4-3 last night Saturday Sept 14,2013
Philipp Grubauer, who relieved Braden Holtby midway through the second period, made 25 saves through overtime then went 4-for-4 in the shootout to lead the Washington Capitals to an entertaining 4-3 win against the Winnipeg Jets in the Kraft Hockeyville game at Yardmen Arena.
Galiev, Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom came up empty in the shootout for Washington before Green scored.
The Capitals received a scare 6:42 into the game when Ovechkin was down on the ice after a high stick to the face from Jets defenseman Ben Chiarot. Ovechkin lay in pain for about 30 seconds before heading to the dressing room, but he quickly returned. Chiarot received a four-minute penalty.
The game went to a shootout following a scoreless overtime, and Grubauer again stood tall and received some help. Setoguchi drilled a shot off the post in the opening round, and Scheifele fired wide in Round 3, but Grubauer denied Kane in the second round and Petan in the fourth to set up Green's game-winner.
Calgary and Edmonton each won split squad preseason games. Edmonton won 3 to 2 and Calgary won 6 to 5 in the other game which had a shootout.

Not that anyone here is interested, but Sportsnet, has the TO game on tonight. 7 0r 7:30ish.

smiley-sport011.gifnot many replies eh smiley-sport014.gif

heck, maybe I will check the score

• 2 weeks later...

Not entirely too much. Long, long day. I'm looking forward to that Ducks-Avs game, too. Leafs-Flyers is "exciting" because of the horrible D on both teams, but it's not that great. Yourself?

doin OK. just watching the laffs game until the real action starts in Denver.

TB @ Cleveland?

I don't think I've heard Vinny's name yet.

Yeah. Go Cleveland, I guess. :lol:

Well, he was brutal in the preseason, but veterans in the preseason play different and shouldn't be judged that way. So far, he's invisible.

See? Toronto plays a team that isn't the Habs and they're mired in PKs.

Yeah. Go Cleveland, I guess. :lol:

Well, he was brutal in the preseason, but veterans in the preseason play different and shouldn't be judged that way. So far, he's invisible.

See? Toronto plays a team that isn't the Habs and they're mired in PKs.

Yea,,,the 3rd one on now. <_< ,,,never happens to us.

bingo,,,1-0 Puffs,,,Vinny gets an A.

naaaahh, buffalo is just that bad

I think they both can be true. Buffalo being bad always puts a smile on face, though. Particularly with their choice of captains. 2 goals on 6 shots? Oof. No Olympics for you, Ryan Miller.

When Phaneuf isn't allowed to break any rules he wants, he's revealed as the generally awful D-man he truly is.

I think they both can be true. Buffalo being bad always puts a smile on face, though. Particularly with their choice of captains. 2 goals on 6 shots? Oof. No Olympics for you, Ryan Miller.

When Phaneuf isn't allowed to break any rules he wants, he's revealed as the generally awful D-man he truly is.

Remember him in the POs, against the ruins? He was terrible.

Archived