The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

You went to a game? Come in and share your experience

ColRouleBleu

Like the title says, if you went to a Habs game, whether at the Bell Centre or on the road, come in and tell us about it. Was your seat neighbor funny? Did you meet a player? Was it your first time at a Habs game? Was Youppi obstructing your view? Did you catch a puck? Did you take photos?

Last season's thread can be found here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This year again I intend to post a lot of pics but probably not as many per game as in the past considering I'll be sitting in the 400 quite often (that's the trade off for that California trip :P )

We're only in the pre-season right now but I was at the Bell Centre last night at put my camera through a short training session.

DSCN9472_zps2c05b569.jpg

DSCN9471_zpsfec8048b.jpg

DSCN9479_zps28589997.jpg

DSCN9480_zps2635ff11.jpg

You saw the game as well as I did ... bore-fest considering it was the Booins ... nothing much to actually say about it but hey, the 'real deal' for me will be at the home opener on October 1st. :D

Dont forget, I'm not the only one attending games so don't be shy to share your stories!

Wednesday Night, last February, Pacioretty scored twice and the habs beat Toronto 5-2., in Toronto. But, that is not the Story. My Buddy and his wife, had extra tickets to this game, and knew how much I love the Habs. My wife had never been to a live nhl game, only televised or OHL , the Barrie Colts. My wife is terrified of heights. Don got seats, fifth row, from the very top close to centre ice. We started the climb up the steps, I went first, my wife was behind me, with a hand on each of my shoulders, her face against my back. Judy and Don, following behind. When we got to our seats, Sharon was exhausted., so we calmed her down. She loved the hockey, and watched with anticipation and awe. When, the time came for refreshments, we asked if she wanted to come with us, what she wanted, and she said she was fine were she was. We asked if she wanted someone to stay with her, she said no, she would be fine. When we got the refreshment and went back to our seats, my wife was talking to two Jamaican Males, who also, were concerned with her fear, and kept her company, till we came back. Others had come over to talk to her, also. With the habs claiming a win, and the hospitality of the other fans, of both teams, we all had a great time, even Sharon, as she still talks about, seeing a game live. Now, we have to go back down the stairs. I led again, Sharon was behind me, face in my back, and both hands, on my shoulders, a Jamaican on both sides, Don and Judy following behind. When we got to the bottom, my wife was sharing hugs, with all. Believe it or not, these are cherished memories, for all, even Sharon. A story, that was told to friends and neighbors, especially from my Buddy and his Wife :wub:

Wednesday Night, last February, Pacioretty scored twice and the habs beat Toronto 5-2., in Toronto. But, that is not the Story. My Buddy and his wife, had extra tickets to this game, and knew how much I love the Habs. My wife had never been to a live nhl game, only televised or OHL , the Barrie Colts. My wife is terrified of heights. Don got seats, fifth row, from the very top close to centre ice. We started the climb up the steps, I went first, my wife was behind me, with a hand on each of my shoulders, her face against my back. Judy and Don, following behind. When we got to our seats, Sharon was exhausted., so we calmed her down. She loved the hockey, and watched with anticipation and awe. When, the time came for refreshments, we asked if she wanted to come with us, what she wanted, and she said she was fine were she was. We asked if she wanted someone to stay with her, she said no, she would be fine. When we got the refreshment and went back to our seats, my wife was talking to two Jamaican Males, who also, were concerned with her fear, and kept her company, till we came back. Others had come over to talk to her, also. With the habs claiming a win, and the hospitality of the other fans, of both teams, we all had a great time, even Sharon, as she still talks about, seeing a game live. Now, we have to go back down the stairs. I led again, Sharon was behind me, face in my back, and both hands, on my shoulders, a Jamaican on both sides, Don and Judy following behind. When we got to the bottom, my wife was sharing hugs, with all. Believe it or not, these are cherished memories, for all, even Sharon. A story, that was told to friends and neighbors, especially from my Buddy and his Wife :wub:

That's great to have a wife that wanted to go with you, even though she was afraid of heights. Kudos to the Jamaican fans who were there for her. I hope you did something nice for her in return. :) . She's a keeper alright. :)

Awesome story. Thanks for sharing. :)

That's great to have a wife that wanted to go with you, even though she was afraid of heights. Kudos to the Jamaican fans who were there for her. I hope you did something nice for her in return. :) . She's a keeper alright. :)

She is a keeper, I agree :wub: On, November 13, 2013, it will be our 44th, anniversary, that goes to show, how tough we both are, lol :D No plans yet, we are at the negotiations, stage B)

• 2 months later...

I went to the Wild game back on Nov 1st, only my 2nd Habs game (first was in Atlanta, back in '07-ish). Was cool because it was my wife's first game, and we had a great time, even though it was a loss. Definitely worth the 6-hour drive from Omaha to Minneapolis. We had the nose-bleediest (is that a word...?) seats, no one behind us or above us, but excellent sightlines for the whole game. Gotta say that Exel Energy Center was made for NHL. Going to try like hell to get to a game at the Bell in '14-15...

• 4 weeks later...

Yes everyone was there except White. The practice was more like a leisurely game day morning skate than a real practice but still, it was fun to see the guys interact with the kids through out. A bit disappointing that they stopped having the ability contests though.

Guest habs1952

Nice pics CRB! I'm assuming the girls holding the cardboard cutouts are used as shooting targets hence the helmet and mask. Tough girls blocking shots without protective gear on. :lol: :lol:

Nice pics CRB! I'm assuming the girls holding the cardboard cutouts are used as shooting targets hence the helmet and mask. Tough girls blocking shots without protective gear on. :lol: :lol:

not quite :lol:

they played life size "table hockey", pushing the cardboard figures to move giant pucks around, it was pretty funny

Archived