The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2013-2014 Magic Number (MN)

Manatee-X

The Caps lost and the Rangers lost (in OT I think) so does the MN go down 3?

That's the way i read it HHN.

Hopefully the addition of Vanek helps beat down that number a lot faster now.

The Caps lost and the Rangers lost (in OT I think) so does the MN go down 3?

Yep.

That's the way i read it HHN.

(...)

That's the way I hoped to write it. ;)

MN is 32.

I initially thought this morning that there were no Bonus Points available tonight but I had relapsed to forgetting Columbus is in the East.

1 Bonus Point is available and comes from a regulation loss to the Bluejackets (@ Chicago).

b67ejk.jpg

& we're closing in on leaping a few more frogs in the .750/.400 Board:

wmgs21.jpg

A couple observations...

1. I incorrectly incorporated the PDO into my projections. It was a keystroke error in the Excel program I made that...well quite frankly I didn't notice until now :lol: . Guess I should have triple-checked my work! Luckily it's an easy fix, and my next update in a few days should be much more realistic. Sorry.

2. The number of bonus points we've gotten this year is a little lower normal. If it catches up the way I expect it to, we can actually play a little bit worse than we did in January and be okay (albeit limping into the playoffs worse than we've ever seen before).

(...)

2. The number of bonus points we've gotten this year is a little lower normal. If it catches up the way I expect it to, we can actually play a little bit worse than we did in January and be okay (albeit limping into the playoffs worse than we've ever seen before).

I hope you're right but we need to be playing better than we are right now regardless. 1.77 was the necessary Pace to play once games resumed after the Olympic Break. March is plodding along at a somewhat less-than-stellar Pace of 1.2. :huh:

MN is 31.

Thanks for nothing, Detroit. Some 'teammance'.

Columbus (@ Dallas) is back in the Bonus seat Monday night. 2 points for a regulation loss, 1 for extra time, & a very, very plain donut if the Bluejackets win.

26405d1.jpg

j8ksqt.jpg

Maybe both wishes will come true on Wednesday? :)

Fortunately we won't have to wait that long for one of them. It's Guaranteed Bonus Night!

MN is 31.

Columbus and Detroit - straddlers of the bar at 28.5 NLs - face off tonight so it's 2 points for a regulation finish and 1 for extra time.

2s60sap.jpg

e9vt53.jpg

The Magic Number is lacking some ... well... magic :(

Indeed. <_< Got any? I'm fresh out.

dn2cg1.jpg

MN is 28.

Bonus situation for Friday:

2 Bonus Points - regulation loss to the Rangers (@ Winnipeg) combined with any loss to New Jersey (@ Florida);

1 Bonus Point - regulation loss to the Red Wings (v. Edmonton) or any loss to the Rangers;

0 Bonus Points - none of the above.

fkqs1g.jpg

2woy83l.jpg

MN is 26.

Bonuses available on Sunday:

2 Bonus Points: regulation loss to the Rangers (v. San Jose);

1 Bonus Point: extra time loss to the Rangers or a regulation loss to the Red Wings (@ Chicago);

0 Bonus Points: victory by the Rangers and Red Wings going to extra time.

35mfrjk.jpg

10gzksl.jpg

Archived