The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

2013-2014 Magic Number (MN)

Manatee-X

According to sportsclubstats, 95 points will be enough to guarantee a playoff spot and 93 points gives us a 99% chances of getting in... if that's the target line right now, it means we need to come up with 8 points in the last 10 games. If we're counting the easier games and don't manage to blow them, we have games vs. Buf, @Fla, and vs. NYI. Going to have to find at least 2-3 points amongst the games against Det, NYR, TB, and Ott... the T-Bay game is now the biggest game remaining on the schedule, although we'll need to win at least one of the Detroit games to keep them at bay.

MN is 16.

1 Bonus Point available on Sunday. It'll take a regulation loss to Toronto (@New Jersey) to get it.

So what your saying is it's pretty much a guaranteed bonus. :P

Was has LA tomorrow, Tor has Stl, Det playing Clb... could be wrong, but maybe the MN could be down into single digits by tomorrow. At the very least, it has a shot at getting to 10.

Indeed. Single digits is within reach.

MN is 13.

Bonus Points for Tuesday:

2 Bonus Points: regulation loss to Washington (v. Los Angeles) and any loss to Toronto (v. St. Louis);

1 Bonus Point: any loss to Washington or regulation loss to Columbus (v. Detroit);

2im58nr.jpg

311m0q8.jpg

Might be a dumb question.. but what are those standings? projected final standings base on something I am missing?

It's based on the sort of "worst case scenario" where we play inconceivably terrible for the rest of the season and all the other teams play unsustainably well.

It's based on the sort of "worst case scenario" where we play inconceivably terrible for the rest of the season and all the other teams play unsustainably well.

^ pretty much this. Been a while since i've followed the thread but ya, if we play below .500 hockey from now until the end of the season and every other team played above .500 hockey those would be your standings.

Indeed. Single digits is within reach.

MN is 13.

Bonus Points for Tuesday:

2 Bonus Points: regulation loss to Washington (v. Los Angeles) and any loss to Toronto (v. St. Louis);

1 Bonus Point: any loss to Washington or regulation loss to Columbus (v. Detroit);

2im58nr.jpg

311m0q8.jpg

What an oppourtinity to really get it down there tonight

^ pretty much this. Been a while since i've followed the thread but ya, if we play below .500 hockey from now until the end of the season and every other team played above .500 hockey those would be your standings.

Exactly! Although to be specific, it's what would happen if the Habs played .400 hockey and every other team played .750 :)

Looks like a single bonus point. Into the final countdown now.

I'll do you one better... the MN is ACTUALLY going to be 9. Washington is in the 9th place seat. They can technically get to 98 points, but they only have 25 ROW to our 35. So even if they win out in their last 9, they can't pass us in the tie-breaker. So if we get 9 points, we're in!

I'll do you one better... the MN is ACTUALLY going to be 9. Washington is in the 9th place seat. They can technically get to 98 points, but they only have 25 ROW to our 35. So even if they win out in their last 9, they can't pass us in the tie-breaker. So if we get 9 points, we're in!

thats very interesting, with the tie breaker i guess it would be 9 yea. woo!

Worst case scenario where we have terrible results and all the other teams have unsustainable results, regardless of the quality of play ;)

Archived