The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #5 - Canadiens @ Canucks - 10pm ET, 7pm PT - CBC, RDS

uncivilengineer

Thaaaaaaaaaaat's right folks, the Habs come to my stomping grounds and I've claimed this GDT for my own, now to sit through what is the Glory of the uncivilengineer GDT.

Game #5 of the season features

The Glorious

Canadiens.gif

Versus

canucks_big.gif

At

rogersarena.jpg

Time: 7pm.... PACIFIC! and 10pm Eastern on RDS and CBC

That's right folks, for the first time since I've moved to the west coast our Habs are in town, and what does that mean? Celebratory GDT!

Does that mean I'll be more active and post in here?1?! Heck no! At least not this game, because I'll be......

UeP7.jpg

......with one ticket costing the three that I paid for the Stars at Montreal at the end of the month.......

So we've gone past the intro now and into the general meat and taters of the GDT, and as well all know, here's where the interest starts to wane....

The Stories

Montreal

Montreal is in game 3 of a western road trip, with a win and a loss so far, Montreal looks to extend the wins column (and they better, because I really don't need to hear about this at work and I have a plan to gloat all day Tuesday at work when they do win...but I digress). Apart from some penalties that may be questionable (in why do people do stupid things), the habs haven't looked all that bad (unless you count scoring once on a 4 minute empty net). Max "Pacman" Pacioretty used another weak goal to get the monkey off his back, so we'll be expecting big things from him in the game.

Current standings: 9th in Conference, 2-2-0 with 4 points

Canucks

Don't know, don't care. I saw on facebook that they still can't beat the Sharks (so it's not just an Alain Vigneault thing) and that the Sedins are doing ok (which is ok for my hockey pools).

Current standings: Annoying to non Canucks fans in Vancouver with a 100% chance of wanting to strangle somebody.

The Lineups

Typically, I let others do the work in this section throughout the thread, I won't change this policy.

Montreal

Unless they've dragged a bunch more people along on a long western road trip to invariably one of the most expensive cities in Canada, I doubt there will be much in the way of lineup changes from the prevous two nights. Notable absences in the game will include:

• George "Flavor Savor" Parros
  • Davis "Wish they'd call me DD" Drewiske
  • Douglas "Murray" Murray
Canucks

They'll have twin one and two, that goalie that won gold, and a splattering of other players that nobody here probably wants me to drone on about.

So with that, I won't.

Fearless prediction of the game:

No matter the outcome, there will be taunting in my office on Tuesday. It just better be me doing it.

Just a slight comment UCE,,,,this is the 5th game, not the 4th. I know,,,I know,,,details. :P

Aside from that,,,Gotta love your GDT. :) and despite what you might think, many of us read all of the GDT openers. :D

Gonna be a toughy tho, but Carey will be in his home town, and Gally-B played for the Giants there, so I expect a hard fought close, edge of your seat game.

Just a slight comment UCE,,,,this is the 5th game, not the 4th. I know,,,I know,,,details. :P

Aside from that,,,Gotta love your GDT. :) and despite what you might think, many of us read all of the GDT openers. :D

Gonna be a toughy tho, but Carey will be in his home town, and Gally-B played for the Giants there, so I expect a hard fought close, edge of your seat game.

Ugh, it is 5...... I'm sick today so give me that much

Love your GDT approach ;)

No matter the outcome, there will be taunting in my office on Tuesday. It just better be me doing it.

It's a lock, lol. I talked to the cashier at the grocery store, she said Hab's will win. Logical Heh! :P

Canucks Alex Edler suspended for three games. wow

Looking forward to the game, not good at waiting :D

- Brian Gionta left Vancouver on Friday morning for family reasons and did not skate with his teammates at Rogers Arena.

- Michel Therrien does not expect any players to be called up from Hamilton prior to Saturday's game. Both Ryan White and Michael Bournival will be in the lineup as Gionta will not available to play.

- Josh Gorges was the only other Hab not on the ice on Friday afternoon, taking advantage of a therapy day. He is expected to be in the lineup against the Canucks on Saturday night.

Lines and D pairings at practice

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Eller-Briere
Prust-Desharnais-Bourque
Moen-Bournival-White

Markov-Subban
Bouillon-Beaulieu
Tinordi-Diaz

Price
Budaj

This is the first big test of the season, IMO. Vancouver is probably the best team we've faced yet.

Bummer about the Captain. I hope that things work out best for him and his family.

Habs on HNIC. Without playing against the Leafs, even. <_<

From Habs I/O:

"Coach Michel Therrien said he doesn’t expect anyone to be called up from the Hamilton Bulldogs for Saturday’s game and both Ryan White and Michael Bournival will play because of Gionta’s absence.

”We don’t know when he’s going to come back,” Therrien told reporters in Vancouver after practice Friday. “He’s an important part of our team. He’s a good leader, but right now I don’t know when he’s going to come back.”

Plants can be mysterious < waves palm fronds in air >

With Gio out, MT will have to do some line juggling.

nah, he just needs to move prust on that line and white plays on the 4th ...very small juggling

i wonder who will sub out for gorges.... boulion maybe?

i fully expect gorges to play. the game os in BC, he wont miss it

Archived