The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

GAME 22, MINNESOTA WILD @ THE MONTREAL CANADIENS, TUES. 7:30, EST.

kinot-1

THE MINNESOTA WILD

aniwild-1.gif

8-1-1 IN THEIR LAST 10

VISIT THE

MONTREAL CANADIENS

montreal.gif

4-4-2 IN THEIR LAST 10

NECESSARY (OR UNNECESSARY) INFO

Minnesota is 10-1-1 in its last 12.
This will be the second of two matchups bet
ween Montreal and Minnesota during the 2013-14 season. Last time around, Jason Pominville scored the game-winner late in the third period, as the Wild felled the Habs 3-4 in Minnesota on November 1st 2013.
Despite possessing a superior 13-4-4 record, the Minnesota Wild’s team statistics are actually quite similar to the Habs’. Both team have played the same number of games (21), allowed nearly the same number of goals (44 for Minnesota and 45 for Montreal) and scored a similar amount (55 for Minnesota and 52 for Montreal).
The Wild are red-hot, having won four in a row and eight of their last ten games.

The Canadiens have killed off 29 of 32 penalties. Though they've struggled to generate consistent scoring, the Canadiens have converted 24.0 percent (6 for 25) of their power-play chances in the last eight games.
The Canadiens hit the ice Monday morning for practice in Brossard with a complete new set of lines as they prepare to face the Minnesota Wild Tuesday night at the Bell Centre.
The new setup had Tomas Plekanec at centre with Rene Bourque and Brian Gionta; Lars Eller with Alex Galchenyuk and Brandon Prust; David Desharnais with Max Pacioretty and Brendan Gallagher; and Daniel Briere with Michael Bournival and Travis Moen. George Parros and Ryan White were the odd men out.
The defensive pairings at practice ended up having P.K. Subban with Andrei Markov; Josh Gorges with Alexei Emelin; and Francis Bouillon with Raphael Diaz. Douglas Murray was the seventh defenceman.
CONFIRMED LINE-UPS WILL BE POSTED AS THEY COME IN.
Injuries
Minnesota Injuries
Niklas Backstrom, Concussion,,,sidelined indefinitely
Kieth Ballard, Upper body injury,,, injured reserve
Mike Rupp, Left knee surgery,,,, day-to-day
Habs injuries:
Davis Drewiske, Shoulder injury,,,,injured reserve.

Who's hot: Canadiens wing Alex Galchenyuk has two goals, four points, a plus-3 rating and 14 shots on goal in the past four games. Montreal goalie Carey Price is 1-3-2 over his past six games, but he sports a 2.16 goals-against average and .920 save percentage over that stretch.
Harding (12-2-2) leads the NHL in GAA (1.25) and save percentage (.946) and is 9-0-2 over the past 11 games. Zach Parise has four goals and nine points in the past eight games.
kinot-1's GDT record, 3-2-1

Nice GDT! This will be a challenge for the Canadeins, especially if they can't find an offensive spark. There has been glimmers of greatness with the kids, but the kids and the grown-up are going to have to come together and consistently start putting points on the board. Against a streaking team with a hot goaltender this should be a good game to test the resolve of this team. If Price can continue his hot play and keep the Habs in the game I'm optimistic that the bleu, blanc, and rouge will find their offensive potential and come away with 2 points tonight! Plus the players returning from injury have had some time now to re-adjust to the game and re-kindle chemistry on their respective lines, I'm looking for great things on the horizon. Don't prove me wrong :unsure: and Go Habs Go!!

The most telling stat is that the Habs, who are renowned for drawing a large amount of penalties,

have been shorthanded 4:22 more than they have been on the power play this season.

That’s of course not even including fighting majors (the Habs have 15 total majors this season,

tied with the fight-happy Philadelphia Flyers, FYI).

Great GDT, Go Habs Go.

Nice GDT!

Great GDT, kinot!

Thanks, peeps :)

Habs I/O:

Here’s how the lines and defence pairings looked at Monday’s practice:

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta;

Galchenyuk-Eller-Prust;

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher;

Bournival-Briere-Moen

Subban-Markov;

Gorges-Emelin;

Bouillon-Diaz.

John Bartlett says Briere is moving up to Pleks line. Should've been Bournival IMO. At least switch Bournival and Prust. I like Prust but Bournival should be in the top 9. We need to stop giving guys like Desharnais and Briere the benefit of the doubt over guys like Bournival IMO.

Good job, Kinot. :)

Minnesota is a strange team, and I'm not entirely sure what to expect here, particularly with the weird slump we've been in. I suppose we'll have to watch the game to figure out what happens, huh? :P:lol:

Nice GDT! This will be a challenge for the Canadeins, especially if they can't find an offensive spark. There has been glimmers of greatness with the kids, but the kids and the grown-up are going to have to come together and consistently start putting points on the board. Against a streaking team with a hot goaltender this should be a good game to test the resolve of this team. If Price can continue his hot play and keep the Habs in the game I'm optimistic that the bleu, blanc, and rouge will find their offensive potential and come away with 2 points tonight! Plus the players returning from injury have had some time now to re-adjust to the game and re-kindle chemistry on their respective lines, I'm looking for great things on the horizon. Don't prove me wrong :unsure: and Go Habs Go!!

Welcome to the forum!

Archived