The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game 26 – Montreal @ Washington. Friday, November 29th, 5pm.

Flying_Lion

2q0tto9.jpg

@

5mlklc.jpg

The Habs begin their third pair of back-to-back games in as many weeks against the same team they played last Friday.

The Canadiens face the Washington Capitals again at the Verizon Center, where they ran up a 3-0 lead and held on for a 3-2 victory. Montreal got goals from three players with monkeys on their backs (Moen, Desharnais, Briere) whereas Washington rode the coattails of Alex Oveckin, who scored the only two goals in Capitals' losing effort.

That game was the second in a current four game winning streak for Montreal, one that started against Minnesota and continued through Pittsburgh the following day and Buffalo on Wednesday night.

Following a similar schedule, the Capitals went on to lose their next game in Toronto in overtime and faced the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday night, playing to a 6-4 loss.

This is the second time the two teams will have faced off this season. The third and final game of the series will be played at the Bell Center on January 25th.

dzuv7a.jpg

Stats are accurate only as far as the completion of Wednesday's games.

Budaj's getting the call.

Lineups will probably be similar to what we've seen throughout this winning streak.
I'll leave it to others to keep things accurate and up to date.

I have to post this now on account of a holiday gathering so hopefully you'll all forgive the prematurity of my GDT-ulation.

The Magic Number is 110 and is clicking along at a pace of 2.20 points per Habs game. Another victory will keep it up, extend the streak to five, and set the Team up with confidence for the Leafs game on Saturday night.

34tb95e.gif

Oh,,,,,,,,,,my eyes :blink::blink::blink: Too much uh,,,,,,,,,, coffee, FL? :P ,,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks for the GDT, it's (what's the word?) inspiring. :)

With Budaj playing in B2B Caps games, the Caps will have to make adjustments,,not us. However, Bullion is in for Murray who did not practice today.

I'm tripping out :lol: Great thread FL.

Slightly surprised Budaj is starting but it's all good. He has been solid. On edit, I see we have back to back and then a game on Monday. Now I'm less surprised I guess? I don't know, I'm too distracted by that gif. :blink:

Oh,,,,,,,,,,my eyes :blink::blink::blink: Too much uh,,,,,,,,,, coffee, FL? :P ,,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks for the GDT, it's (what's the word?) inspiring. :)

With Budaj playing in B2B Caps games, the Caps will have to make adjustments,,not us. However, Bullion is in for Murray who did not practice today.

Great assessment. I wasn't sure how best to play our goalies but that makes perfect sense.

Sorry about your eyes. I was just trying to jazz it up a little. I don't have the smooth graphics that others do so I had to rip something off the inter-web. :wacko:

I'm tripping out :lol: Great thread FL.

Slightly surprised Budaj is starting but it's all good. He has been solid. On edit, I see we have back to back and then a game on Monday. Now I'm less surprised I guess? I don't know, I'm too distracted by that gif. :blink:

Stolen. Not mine. But your wallet might be missing. :ph34r:

yeah-baby-austin-powers.jpg

Cheers, CRB! Made me laugh. Perfect. Just happy to have enough to toast back.

Love the thread FL! Lol.

Thanks!

I hope I can get on tomorrow but even if I can't I'll be with my mom for viewing the game so that's enough. Odds are good I'll get a post or more in at some point but if I don't: ...

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating.

& Happy Friday to Everyone. :D

I know it's logical to start Budaj tonight, but two games against the Capitals this year in relatively short order? Might be asking for too much… I'm cautiously hopeful, though.

How's everyone doing?

Well, Budaj beat them last game, so I'm expecting another close one.

Everyone is me :rolleyes: , and I am doing good, and you?

I can't complain. Getting some final work done for the GDT video for the 6th. It's been a helpful learning experience. I'm in the process of acclimating myself to some very complex (and expensive :huh:) software with a multi-thousand page manual.

Good luck with that. :blink:

No back-up for the Caps.

Archived