TO TAKE ON THE

MONTREAL CANADIENS

cheerleader202.gif

AND JUST TO GET YOU IN THE MOOD

SOME LEVITY FOUND ON THE NET

AT THE LAFFS EXPENSE

"Subject: Just to let you know....

I live in Japan, and even all the way over here,

people think it's funny how bad the Leafs are.

Leafs suck forever.

I will die a happy man if the

leafs never win anything.

P-Y, a Habs fan in Japan

Leaf fans have been accustomed to being humiliated for a long time. For some reason, it doesn’t seem to bother them.

Subject: Leafs Suck

I Have The Advantage Of Having A Friend Who Likes The Leafs and Brings All This Leafs Crap To My School and He Gets It Really Cheap, So one Day I Invited Him To My House, He Came Over and Brought Leafs Stuff, so I Took His Stupid Leafs Calender(He Gave Me It) and I Burnt It Right In Front Of Him... It Was Hilarious!"

ABOUT THE GAME

AFTER THAT LETDOWN LAST NIGHT,

THE HABS WILL TRY TO GET BACK ON THE WINNING STREAK

WHEN THEY (WE) TAKE ON THE HAPLESS LEAFS

LOSERS TO THE LOWLY SABRES IN OT. LAST NIGHT

CAREY WILL BE IN GOAL FOR THE HABS

WHILE JONATHAN BERNIER WILL TRY AND HOLD OFF THE ONSLAUGHT FOR THE LAFFS

Complete line-ups and any changes will be forthcoming

by someone, or maybe me.

kinot-1's GDT record 5-2-1

smiley-dance013_zps5e84ab4c.gif

Rumor is that Bournival will be the guy to sit for Parros tonight. That means you have Bourque AND Bournival sitting while Parros is in and Prust likely remains on an ineffective 3rd line. So basically Therrien has decided to put his big boys in tonight to match up against Toronto - it means the Habs have decided ahead of time that this is going to be the type of game that Toronto wants to play, one based on gooning and cheapshots rather than actual skill. Really weak decision by Therrien to decide to play Parros when he has a healthy contingent of guys to choose from.

Rumor is that Bournival will be the guy to sit for Parros tonight. That means you have Bourque AND Bournival sitting while Parros is in and Prust likely remains on an ineffective 3rd line. So basically Therrien has decided to put his big boys in tonight to match up against Toronto - it means the Habs have decided ahead of time that this is going to be the type of game that Toronto wants to play, one based on gooning and cheapshots rather than actual skill. Really weak decision by Therrien to decide to play Parros when he has a healthy contingent of guys to choose from.

It's mind boggling.

This paragraph is so accurate it's physically painful.

It's mind boggling.

I dunno, my mind's been boggled too many times by the collective lunacy of hockey people to be shocked by this. The fans, players, coaches, they all think it's the right thing to do and that Parros is going to be more valuable tonight than Bournival or Bourque. Frustrating that we already know this game is going to involve at least 10 collective facepunching PIM's.

It's mind boggling.

What's mind boggling is that people actually think the leafs will play a clean game simply because we don't dress a tough guy. They've going to play that style regardless, so why not dress someone who we know we can live without?

Our 76 habs wouldn't have won the cup and dethroned the flyers with skill alone. Maybe the amount of skill in the line up took away from the habs toughness, but our 76 habs were not only incredibly skilled, but also incredibly tough(our top 4 defenders were some of the toughest in the league). Robinson was the only player to go up against Dave "The Hammer" Schultz and destroy him.

Our 76 habs were a complete team, we had tending, we had incredible offense, but we could also go toe to toe with any team in the league who thought they could push us around. The fact we had a guy in the line up who could destroy dave schultz, never took away from their skilled game or their image of a high flying skilled team.

Personally, I think bourny may have been over matched against the leafs. I would've dressed RB, we can use all the big bodies we have. Dress parros as a spare, we see the leafs getting a little chippy, send out parros and let them burn off some steam, then we can gt back to playing hockey.

I dunno, my mind's been boggled too many times by the collective lunacy of hockey people to be shocked by this. The fans, players, coaches, they all think it's the right thing to do and that Parros is going to be more valuable tonight than Bournival or Bourque. Frustrating that we already know this game is going to involve at least 10 collective facepunching PIM's.

Interesting since the one's that think it's the right thing to do, actually live and breath hockey for a living.

Interesting since the one's that think it's the right thing to do, actually live and breath hockey for a living.

The ones that have been successful don't seem to think dressing goons is the right thing to do. Especially not when you're dressing George Parros over Bournival/Bourque. This isn't Prust vs. Bourque, this is a player who is in the lineup to play for 5 minutes and fight the other team's goon over productive top 9 forwards who are vastly more skilled at everything else.

I hate this argument, just because they've been in the game doesn't mean it's right, a lot of conventional wisdom in sports is demonstrably false but persists because jobs are on the line. We're just playing right into their hands here, the Leafs are a terrible possession team and we're a pretty good one. The logical thing to do would be to use our possession advantage and outplay them like we do when we have success against the Bruins, but instead we've decided to dress the worst possession player on the roster in place of Bournival or Bourque.

I'm not surprised in the least that Parros is playing tonight. Certainly not my preference seeing staged hockey fights,, but guys like Orr and the other idiot they have in the lineup will run wild on us as they have in the past if we don't have an answer.. Refs don't seem to want to make any effort to stop it, so really,,,what choice do we have? I don't want to see another one of our guys taken out for who knows how many weeks, because of the garbage that team tosses at us every time, without any apparent consequences. I would much rather see our skilled players in the lineup and there's a good chance we lose because of this choice but what can you do? Until the league puts an end to this crap ( don't hold your breath) i guess we're stuck with seeing knuckleheads in the lineup.

What's mind boggling is that people actually think the leafs will play a clean game simply because we don't dress a tough guy. They've going to play that style regardless, so why not dress someone who we know we can live without?

Our 76 habs wouldn't have won the cup and dethroned the flyers with skill alone. Maybe the amount of skill in the line up took away from the habs toughness, but our 76 habs were not only incredibly skilled, but also incredibly tough(our top 4 defenders were some of the toughest in the league). Robinson was the only player to go up against Dave "The Hammer" Schultz and destroy him.

Our 76 habs were a complete team, we had tending, we had incredible offense, but we could also go toe to toe with any team in the league who thought they could push us around. The fact we had a guy in the line up who could destroy dave schultz, never took away from their skilled game or their image of a high flying skilled team.

Personally, I think bourny may have been over matched against the leafs. I would've dressed RB, we can use all the big bodies we have. Dress parros as a spare, we see the leafs getting a little chippy, send out parros and let them burn off some steam, then we can gt back to playing hockey.

Well, it's not that we expect the Leafs to play a clean game, its that our best chance is to play through it and play our game to win. Dressing Parros and putting in all our tough guys means we are adjusting our game to one that doesn't fit this team and will mean we aren't successful more often than not.

I may be wrong because 1976 is almost as close to my birth year as 2013, but I never heard on any real enforcers on the 76 Habs. I always heard them described as a team that had players like Larry Robinson that beat you on the ice and in the alley. That's what you want teams to be-with (modern) guys like Prust and White who serve the fighting role, but are also good in a lower line role.

Going back, I can't think of a team who had a Parros/Orr that win the Stanley Cup. Chicago, LA, Boston, Pittsburgh, Detriot....maybe its because they just don't play in the playoffs, but if you don't trust a guy during the playoffs, why would you play him in an important regular season (let's use the cliche phrase playoff atmosphere) game?

Going back, I can't think of a team who had a Parros/Orr that win the Stanley Cup. Chicago, LA, Boston, Pittsburgh, Detriot....maybe its because they just don't play in the playoffs, but if you don't trust a guy during the playoffs, why would you play him in an important regular season (let's use the cliche phrase playoff atmosphere) game?

To be pedantic Parros won the cup in Anaheim but only played 5 games.

Archived