Moen-Prust-Parros

Markov – Subban

Gorges – Emelin

Murray– Diaz

Price .937Sv% 2.00 GAA

Budaj .939 Sv% 1.63 GAA

Probable Scratches: Drewiske, Bournival, Bouillon, White

Lighting The Lamp: Habs Challenge:

The Habs have shown in the past few games that when the style of play is up tempo, they can compete with the best teams in the NHL. They have also shown that they are still vulnerable to a pressuring forecheck by big bodies. The question on a day-to-day basis is which Habs team will show up? Lately we’ve enjoyed more of the team that outworks its opponents for loose pucks and turnovers, although most Habs fans will tell you they don’t trust it. I’m hoping that the inspired play of the younger Habs continues tonight, and that we can find a way to beat the Devils. In this league, any team can beat any team on a given night. We are healthy, so......

Nice win over the laffs, now Devils, on our radar

Montreal winners of five of its past six games. The lone defeat in that stretch was a shootout loss to the Washington Capitals this past Friday, but perhaps most impressive is that all but one of Montreal's past six games has come against teams that made the Stanley Cup Playoffs last season. Key to the Canadiens' hot streak has been a stingy defense that has limited opposition opportunities, and made life easy for goalies Carey Price and Peter Budaj. The result has been 10 straight games allowing two goals or less.

Go Habs Go.

Here’s how we can expect to see the Devils lineup

Zubrus-Zajac-Jagr

Henrique-Elias-Brunner

Carter-Loktionov-Bernier

Janssen- Josefson- Ryder

Greene-Zidlicky

Gelinas-Fayne

Merrill-Volchenkov

Brodeur .910 Sv% 2.20 GAA

Schneider .927Sv% 1.72 GAA

Probable Scratches: Clowe, Salvador, Gionta, Carter

Lighting The Lamp:

JAROMIR JAGR leads the team with 11 goals and 11 assists and a +10 rating with 3 game winning goals. In a previous game, he passed longtime Pittsburgh teammate Mario Lemieux. Next up: Mark Messier at 694. "I don't really chase anything," Jagr said. "I enjoy my teammates and my linemates. I enjoy the game, the way we play. Our line, I like the way our line played. When I'm happy about our game, I know the goals are going to come."That's why I don't really worry about it," he added. "If there's no chances to score goals, then I would start worrying about it." The Devils were known for their defense-first approach throughout their years of Cup contention, but have moved towards a more offensive style.

Who's hot: Devils defenseman Andy Greene is on a five-game point streak (one goal, five assists). ... Price has won his past four starts for Montreal and his .937 save percentage is fourth-best in the NHL.

Last 10: New Jersey 6-4-0; Montreal 7-1-2

Devils, Canadiens begin home-and-home series

Bon Match!!!!

Quote on Gameday: Don't go through life without goals :) My goal is to deny yours :)

follow-montreal-canadiens.gif

They Rule There To! Ya! The Habs Rule! Updates from this post to Gametime will be posted by someone "Game Day Lineups Available when released."

should be a good game! the devils are a bit more fun to watch now than they used to be.

Interested to hear why you think that? 26th in the league in goals per game, dead last in the league in shots for per game and allowing the fewest amount of shots against per game in the NHL. Not sure why you think they're fun to watch, in all the games I've seen, they've been dreadful to watch and the numbers certainly jive with that. The system is different but the end game is the same, smother the opponent and play a neutral zone game with few shots for either team.

jager is playing great hockey and i think he will want to prove to us we should have signed him

Oh yeah, they'll be tough for sure. I just expect a boring, dull game is all. I'm just thankful it's in Montreal tonight.

Great GDT Habby! Wish I didnt have Firefighting school tonight, but I definitely will be keeping up with it tonight while on breaks, and will watch it tomorrow at work during any down-time. The Habs have been pounding pucks into the net recently, hopefully that will continue. With 2 against the Devils followed by the Bruins it's going to take 3 complete, 60-minute efforts, but definitely doable for our bleu, blanc, and rouge....Go Habs Go!!!!

We already know that Carey Price will start in goal tricolor. For the rest, the starting line announced once we communicate later. As per eyes on the Prize.

DRUMMER.gif

:lol::lol::lol: WTG Rick :lol:

Drum roll, please.......oh, wait......

MSG announcers: "It's a very special night for Marty Brodeur"

Is it his retirement, finally? That's the only "special" night of his I care about.....

OK, so it looks like it's just the two of us, kinot.

I guess Devils games really are boring.

Archived