The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2014 World Juniors

Well, I figure the tournament is just around the corner, and I didn't see a thread on it, so I made one. Hopefully that doesn't bother anybody, and mods can do as they like if this thread needs moved/closed/whatever else.

So lets get this discussion started.

Anyway, I'm expecting big things from Canada (obviously) and it looks like Hudon will play a big role offensively and apparently Fucale figures to be the starter. I don't follow junior too much.

I also like the American team, expecting big things from them too.

Well, I figure the tournament is just around the corner, and I didn't see a thread on it, so I made one. Hopefully that doesn't bother anybody, and mods can do as they like if this thread needs moved/closed/whatever else.

So lets get this discussion started.

Anyway, I'm expecting big things from Canada (obviously) and it looks like Hudon will play a big role offensively and apparently Fucale figures to be the starter. I don't follow junior too much.

I also like the American team, expecting big things from them too.

Nobody's bothered here, PP, great idea to start the thread :). To be honest I don't usually follow the world juniors that closely - I'll watch them if I'm around, but most years I'd be lucky to name 5 players on team Canada. It's always nice to have a few Habs prospects playing, though!

Nobody's bothered here, PP, great idea to start the thread :). To be honest I don't usually follow the world juniors that closely - I'll watch them if I'm around, but most years I'd be lucky to name 5 players on team Canada. It's always nice to have a few Habs prospects playing, though!

I don't really know very many players either (just the 2 habs prospects for Canada and some of the college players for the US), but I watched the tournament for the first time a few years ago, and its just addictive for me and my family. Most fun annual world event for sure IMO.

Collberg and de la Rose made the Swedish team. Fair number of prospects in the tournament so far.

Lehkonen is a lock to make Finland as well. Him and Teravainen tore it up in camp.

Not sure if France is in the tournament but if they are, Bozon is definitely gonna make it.

Zachary Fucale and Charles Hudon have been invited to attend Canada’s National Junior Team selection camp, beginning Dec. 12 at the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence in Etobicoke, Ont.

Think this is Hudon's last chance to join the jr's, hope he stays healthy this year. Really wanted to see him last season at the jr's.

I don't really know very many players either (just the 2 habs prospects for Canada and some of the college players for the US), but I watched the tournament for the first time a few years ago, and its just addictive for me and my family. Most fun annual world event for sure IMO.

It's entertaining because it's just good clean hockey. There are big hits, but there's absolutely no fighting in international play and cheapshots are closely watched as well. The fact it's such a short tournament helps to keep the players honest. You take a run at another player and you could miss several games, which could really hurt your team.

• 2 weeks later...
Six Montreal prospects were named to their respective countries' selection camps and all are expected to be in the lineup when the tournament begins on Boxing Day.

Martin Reway, Slovakia.

In 25 games with Gatineau, he has scored 14 times and added 27 assists for 41 points. He sits second in team scoring. Slovakia finds itself in group A along with Canada, the Czech Republic, Germany and the USA.

Sebastian Collberg, Sweden

He has four points in 25 games while averaging just over 11 minutes of ice time per game. Two years ago, he was named to Sweden's 2012 squad that won gold. As one of the youngest players in the tournament, Collberg managed an impressive seven points (4 G, 3 A) to finish second in team scoring.

Artturi Lehkonen, Finland

He has 20 points (7 G, 13 A) in 33 games this season.

Zachary Fucale, Canada

Fucale has a 19-7-1 record to go along with a 2.51 goals-against average and .902 save percentage.

Charles Hudon, Canada

In 33 GP, Hudon has 14G, 27A for 41 PTs.

Not sure who the 6th guy is.

It's all good PP.

Was wondering when someone was going to start one.

I can't wait, the last few years I've really looked forward to some good hockey. No NHL cheapshots/headshots, just good clean hockey.

These kids know that they only have a short tournament to get it all done. At least we will have hockey to watch during the NHL shutdown.

These kids know that they only have a short tournament to get it all done. At least we will have hockey to watch during the NHL shutdown.

We have had the odd altercation, but because the WJC as so short and the stakes so high, no one wants to take a chance and possible miss the finals due to a suspension.

The suspensions would only work in the NHL if the guilty player missed as much time as the injured player. If the player never comes back, well too bad for the guilty party, should've thought of that before head hunting.

The suspensions would only work in the NHL if the guilty player missed as much time as the injured player. If the player never comes back, well too bad for the guilty party, should've thought of that before head hunting.

I've always been against this mentality.

Archived