The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #31 - Buffalo Sabres @ Montréal Canadiens 7:00 EST - CBC RDS MSG-Buffalo TSN 690

habs_93

Prust, Emelin, Pleks, DD, Gally having great games.

You must've missed the 2 giveaways by DD on our only PP, or all the loses for the loose pucks on the boards, or how his stick was up in the air when Pacioretty passed to him on 2on1 because his weakling arms can't keep his stick down while getting his stick lifted. He still needs to go, same for Gionta.

Who hasn't seen the clips from the b's/pens game?

I've been saying all along how dirty the pens were. Not a fan of marchand, but the knee to his head from neal was dirty. Orpik hit was borderline, don't think head was point of contact, but Eriksson was vulnerable.

And where were these big bad bruins who knocked out orpik, when the Atlantic division was on the line?

B's are hurting, lost boychuk during our game, now eriksson and marchand to the hands of the pens.

You must've missed the 2 giveaways by DD on our only PP, or all the loses for the loose pucks on the boards, or how his stick was up in the air when Pacioretty passed to him on 2on1 because his weakling arms can't keep his stick down while getting his stick lifted. He still needs to go, same for Gionta.

I take it you're not a big fan of DD. Maybe I did miss a few of those things.....but his play has improved lately, and we're 8-1-1 in our last 10.

I don't think you'll get much of an argument that we could use an upgrade in his spot but to be fair,,,he has provided some value at least the last 10 games or so. It's not a coincidence that his line has done well during this current streak.

I've been saying all along how dirty the pens were. Not a fan of marchand, but the knee to his head from neal was dirty. Orpik hit was borderline, don't think head was point of contact, but Eriksson was vulnerable.

And where were these big bad bruins who knocked out orpik, when the Atlantic division was on the line?

B's are hurting, lost boychuk during our game, now eriksson and marchand to the hands of the pens.

I think most of us would agree that the Pens, overall, are one of the dirtiest teams that gets away with way too much. They had Matt Cooke for all that while, after all.

This is one of the rare instances of two dirty teams going at it resulting in carnage. The goon teams usually don't go out to injure players on other goon teams.

It's not been hockey's finest week for injuries, that's for sure.

Archived