The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #37 Thu, 19 Dec 2013 Canadiens @ Blues 8:00 PM RDS

HabsRuleForever

I wonder if we can find the stats for Habs games reffed by Chris Lee, and then look for a pattern.

I'd actually thought about that. I wonder what it would take to compile ref 'stats' across all their games. Might be enlightening one way or another.

Shouldn't matter. If it's a penalty, it should be called. I just can't believe the Blues are playing so clean that they haven't been called since the 1st.

Frankly, I haven't seen a game in the last decade where I legitimately thought one or both teams didn't do something that deserved 2 minutes. Even before the 04 lockout. Particularly teams with "tough" identities. That's why I found game 7 of the ECF in 2011 particularly distasteful. There's zero chance that game had no penalties in it. Zero.

I'm shocked they didn't call a penalty on that, considering Polak tripped himself.

Frankly, I haven't seen a game in the last decade where I legitimately thought one or both teams didn't do something that deserved 2 minutes. Even before the 04 lockout. Particularly teams with "tough" identities. That's why I found game 7 of the ECF in 2011 particularly distasteful. There's zero chance that game had no penalties in it. Zero.

I'm shocked they didn't call a penalty on that, considering Polak tripped himself.

I agree with what you're saying. I don't think penalties should be called according to context. The rules shouldn't be written on a sliding scale.

... oh look. A goal!

Archived