The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #37 Thu, 19 Dec 2013 Canadiens @ Blues 8:00 PM RDS

HabsRuleForever

Leafs won tonight on a shootout goal that was inconclusively in the net and that was ruled as "the call on the ice stands, good goal" despite the fact you can't see the puck in the net on replay and there was no original call on the ice. Where was this call when the Eller goal was refused a while back? #inconsistency

Leafs won tonight on a shootout goal that was inconclusively in the net and that was ruled as "the call on the ice stands, good goal" despite the fact you can't see the puck in the net on replay and there was no original call on the ice. Where was this call when the Eller goal was refused a while back? #inconsistency

Yeah. They were just bitter Smith moved when they told him not to, I bet the call was a no goal.

Inconsistency is the biggest problem the NHL has with its officiating. IMO, it leads to a lot of added frustration for players and possibly indirectly is a factor in a lot of injuries from questionable hits. It's tough to know how to play when the rules are shifting all the time.

I hope they don't wait until there's 3 mins. to go before they try harder.

Worst-case scenario is that we pull to within one with a minute to go, fall just short of coming back, and then have Therrien come out in his presser saying we played well and competed with the Blues tonight. There are a few guys who need to check their efforts recently, and I'm frankly tired of hearing Therrien blame it on fatigue. Every single team has been playing back-to-backs and tight schedules, not just us.

Archived