Canadiens de Montreal

Game #39 - Habs @ Lightning

Flying_Lion

2r6gmlh.jpg

@

20ax9gl.jpg

Saturday, December 28th, 2013

7:00E

This is the second of four meetings between our Habs and Tampa Bay's Lightning. The Lightning won the first game of the series in a shootout at the Bell Centre back on November 12th. The final score was 2-1 so by "shootout" I obviously mean the 'Bettman Free Kick' (rhymes with gimmick) variety and not the "barnburner" sort.

Montreal holds a historical 39-29-6-2 record against Tampa Bay in the regular season.

Tampa Bay last played on Monday, a 6-1 smiting of their stately rivals, the Florida Panthers.

Montreal went the other way in it's last game, letting slide a 3-0 first period lead before getting both points in overtime ... but not the shootout.

I'm stuffed full of turkey but Habs hockey starved.

GO HABS GO!

Stats stuff.

142tev.jpg

I'll leave all the actual relevant stuff - lines & starting goalies - to somebody else. I figure Price'll start tomorrow and Budaj on Sunday against the aforementioned Panthers.

I hope you all had some good holiday fun!

GDT record: 0-0-1.

WTG, FL, It's time we got back to putting points on the board and distance from the pretenders.

From Habs I/O:

Josh Gorges, who missed the Nashville game with a lower-body injury, practised with his teammates in Tampa and will be back in the lineup Saturday night. Carey Price will start in goal against the Lightning.
Here’s how the lines and defence pairings looked at Friday’s practice:
Bourque – Plekanec – Gionta
Pacioretty – Desharnais – Gallagher
Prust – White – Moen
Galchenyuk – Eller – Briere
Parros – Bournival
Murray – Bouillon
Gorges – Subban
Markov – Emelin
Diaz

Mouillon returns. Don't know how Diaz has been worse than them but whatever.

Diaz hasn't been worse than them. He's been weak offensively, but he's played well in his own end, and if you're taking Diaz out to get more offence, it's laughable for Therrien to think he's getting it with Bouillon and Murray.

Archived