Game #43 Sat, 4 Jan 2014 Senators @ Canadiens 7:00 PM CBC, RDS

habby4ever

habs_rds.jpg

bleu-blanc-rouge

Here are the Canadiens - les Glorieux

versus the Ottawa Senators

This is Gameday

Head to Head Statistics : Senators and Montreal Canadiens

Habs have 32 wins, 41 losses, 0 Draws, 0 OT Wins, 5 OT Losses, 5 PS Wins, 4 PS losses, 2.6 goals per match. The Senators have 3.1 goals per match. The Hockey Teams: Ottawa Senators and Montreal Canadiens played 73 Games up to today.

In these Games the Teams have averaged 5.8 Goals per Match.

Team Ottawa Senators won 44% of the Games with common opponents, Montreal Canadiens won 57% with common opponents.

Based upon the comparison there is related Tips prediction a potential advantage for Hockey Team Montreal Canadiens.

Here’s how we can expect to see the Habs lineup

Bourque– Plekanec- Gionta

Pacioretty – Desharnais – Gallagher

Galchenyuk–Eller -Prust

Moen-White-Bournival

Gorges – Subban

Markov- Murray

Bouillon– Diaz

Price .928 Sv% 2.21 GAA

Budaj .923 Sv% 2.05 GAA

Probable Scratches: Drewiske, Emelin, Parros, Briere

Here’s how we can expect to see the Senators lineup

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan

Conacher-Zibanejad-Michalek

Greening-Smith-Condra

Kassian-Pageau-Stone

Cowen-Karlsson

Ceci-Methot

Phillips-Corvo

Anderson .905 Sv% 3.16 GAA

Lehner .922 Sv% 2.68 GAA

Probable Scratches: Spezza, Wiercioch, Neil

Bon Match!!!!

Quote on Gameday: Best hockey team in the country.....by a six yr old.

" We've got the best hockey team in the country unbeaten and no goals scored against us!"

" How many games have you played?"

" The first one's next Saturday."

Go Habs Go :)

sml_gallery_442857_17_16789.jpg

Mischief : "Game Day Lineups Available when released."

kinot-1's GDT Record 11-3-1 (2014 started with a "W") lets get on a roll.

Ryan White suffered an upper-body injury against Dallas and is not expected to play, meaning that Daniel Briere will return to the lineup.

Excellant GDT as always habby. :)

I seen what you did there, you wanted to see if we actually read your GDT, when you said that Briere is a probable scratch, and then said that White is out and Briere will probably play. Genius move. :P:lol:

Actually, I have been called worse, than a Genius Mover, lol :P I highlighted Briere's and Whites name in green, and put the footnote, in green, just in case they changed their minds before game time :huh::D:lol:

Glad to see Murray getting another shot.

Everyone's been hard on him, but Emelin who just got a 4 mil extension is, imo, playing worse than Murray, who is earning just a mil & 1/2.

To me Murray does everything he was asked to do, delivers hard hits, plays well on the PK, clears the puck constantly (what the team does with the puck afterwards isn't his problem), has dropped the gloves and blocks tons of shots.

Like to see emelin get back on track, we need all the help we can get on our back end. My suggestion to wait until he comes back before offering him an extension doesn't seem so awful now, does it?

I don't understand the need for Murray against the sens, regardless, he needs icetime if you want him to stay in game form.

Sens have been hot lately, we've been shaky. We need a convincing win to get our confidence back.

Defense in practice this morning:

Markov-Emelin
Bouillon-Subban
Gorges-Murray

Diaz

Interesting pairing, are they hoping to create a similar shut down paring like they had in Gorges/Gill?

Every pairing has a defensive liability on it. Not sure who Therrien thinks is going to match up against the other team's top lines and not sure what Diaz did to get benched. Sure, his offence has been non-existent, but he's been way better defensively than Emelin, Bouillon, and Murray.

Every pairing has a defensive liability on it. Not sure who Therrien thinks is going to match up against the other team's top lines and not sure what Diaz did to get benched. Sure, his offence has been non-existent, but he's been way better defensively than Emelin, Bouillon, and Murray.

That's why I questioned the choice to play Murray tonight. Diaz doesn't look good against big physical teams, seems to want to let go of the puck quickly and is apprehensive when going into the corners. But the sens aren't this big physical team, they've been hot lately, but are not the leafs nor the b's, so Diaz could've played tonight.

That top pairing scares me a bit. I'd almost rather go back with the Markov/Subban pairing.

Leave Emelin on the 2nd paring with Gorges and have our bottom pairing guys playing on the bottom line.

As you said, they all have liabilities. Gorges had a few good games lately, hopefully he continues that trend becuase we can use all the help we can get.

They didn't dress Murray because we're playing a physical team, the sens aren't overly fast either, so maybe MT felt it was a good time to get Murray back in the line up. You never want big guys like Murray to sit out too much, or else it'll take him a while to get going again. When listening to TSN690 and they have a panelist on who's followed Murray or is familiar with the sharks, they all say the same thing about Murray... Murray needs icetime to remain competitive and in game form. Too much time in the press box works against him, at least that's what the hockey experts who have followed Murray have all said.

Yeah, the D looks a little off with Diaz out. I've missed the last few games what with the holiday travelling, but from what I've seen so far this year he hasn't been particularly bad.

I wouldn't mind trying Emelin with Subban. For one this will break up Markov and Emelin, who haven't been stellar together, but more importantly it'll take Cube off of (presumably?) the top pairing. Bouillion - Subban just seems like a weird match.

Yeah, the D looks a little off with Diaz out. I've missed the last few games what with the holiday travelling, but from what I've seen so far this year he hasn't been particularly bad.

I wouldn't mind trying Emelin with Subban. For one this will break up Markov and Emelin, who haven't been stellar together, but more importantly it'll take Cube off of (presumably?) the top pairing. Bouillion - Subban just seems like a weird match.

Soup with Subban is a head scratcher, the only thing I can think of is that they want to have the emelin/markov pairing back, but if that's the case, why aren't they on the 2nd pairing?

I would want Subban on my top pairing, but that would mean that Soup is playing top line minutes. Even in his younger years he wasn't a top 4 dman, now at 38 they have him on the 2nd pairing with Subban, who's been playing solid minutes lately.

Our whole blueline is struggling, Gorges had a good game against the stars (saved Price's butt a few times), coming off a decent game I'd try him on the 2nd pairing before I'd try Soup. Emelin/marky made me a tad nervous last game.

With the way we've been playing lately and the struggles on our blueline, there isn't any real way to pair our dmen to help our dzone coverage.

I'd go with the guys who have been good lately, roll them while they're playing well and the one's who have been struggling, demote them to the lower lines.

Archived