The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #46 Sat, 11 Jan 2014 Blackhawks @ Canadiens 7:00 PM CBC, RDS, NHLN-US

habby4ever

gallery_442857_2_9594.jpg

Blackhawks vs Les Canadiens

Head to Head Statistics : Blackhawks and Montreal Canadiens

Since Feb 1st, 2004 to Dec 5, 2012, the habs are 4 wins 3 losses, versus the Blackhawks. The habs also in that time frame have out scored the Blackhawks, 24 goals to 19 goals.

After losing to the Flyers, and with the Chicago Blackhawks rolling into town on Saturday, Therrien and the Canadiens will jet back to Montreal and get back to work. With 37 games left in the season, the clock is ticking.

The Blackhawks lost 3-2 to the Rangers on Wednesday, and will be looking for a win on habs ice.

Duncan Keith entered play Tuesday leading all defensemen with 39 assists and 42 points. He is on pace for 71 assists and 76 points, which would top his career-highs of 55 and 69 from the 2009-10 season, when he won the Norris Trophy.

Habs players who have suited up for every single game this season. Tomas Plekanec, P.K. Subban, Lars Eller and Andrei Markov have seen action in every single Canadiens game in 2013-14.

Habs are 5-3-2 in their last 10 games, while Blackhawks are 5-1-4.

Here’s how we can expect to see the Habs lineup

Briere– Plekanec- Gionta

Pacioretty – Desharnais – Gallagher

Bournival–Eller -Bourque

Diaz-Moen-Prust

Gorges– Subban

Emelin -Markov

Murray- Bouillon

Price .928 Sv% 2.22 GAA

Budaj .920 Sv% 2.14 GAA

Probable Scratches: Drewiske, Galchenyuk, White, Parros

Here’s how we can expect to see the Blackhawks lineup

Sharp-Toews-Hossa

Versteeg-Kruger-Kane

Bickell-Shaw-Saad

Bollig-Handzus-Smith

Keith-Seabrook

Hjalmarsson-Oduya

Leddy-Rozsival

Crawford .910 Sv% 2.49 GAA

Raanta 9.11 Sv % 2.27 GAA

Probable Scratches: Khabibulin Jan 7, 2014 (OUT 4-5 MONTHS FOLLOWING

ROTATOR CUFF SURGERY)

Head Coach Joel Quenneville announced at practice on Thursday that Marcus Kruger would likely start Saturday's game at second-line center between Kris Versteeg and Patrick Kane. Kruger's speed and improved faceoff abilities—his 56.8 winning percentage matches Jonathan Toews for the team lead—could prove to be a good fit with the two playmakers he'll skate between. Kruger has four goals and 14 assists this year while skating primarily with the team's fourth line.

Montreal is one of the NHL’s stingiest teams in terms of goals allowed (2.29 goals per game, fourth-best in the league), and their 86.3 penalty-killing percentage will put goals at a premium in tonight’s game. However, they also rank in the league’s bottom 10 in terms of goals scored per game. If one side gets even a two-goal lead early on, that may be enough to seal the victory for either team.

Our Habs: Victory often comes to those who patiently advance the play, put the puck on net and jump on every precious Blackhawk turnover. Go Habs Go

Bon Match!!!!

"Game Day Lineups Available when released."

Excellent GDT habby, it's so good,,,you did 2 of them :lol: . Uh,,,,too much celebrating your B-day?

Does that make me, super efficient :o OR, is someone' vision...impaired B)

In any case, if it is true, I wish I knew, how it was done....without a hangover :D :lol:

- The Canadiens skated at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard on Friday morning ahead of their Saturday night tilt against the Chicago Blackhawks at the Bell Centre.

- Max Pacioretty did not take part in the on-ice session on Friday morning. The power forward received permission to visit his newborn son, Lorenzo, in Connecticut. Pacioretty will rejoin the team today.

- For their part, Ryan White and Alex Galchenyuk also didn't skate on Friday morning as both remain sidelined due to injury.

Lines and D pairings at practice:

Briere – Plekanec – Gionta
Bourque – Eller – Bournival
Parros – Prust – Moen
Bournival – Desharnais – Gallagher

Emelin – Markov
Gorges – Subban
Murray - Bouillon
Diaz

- The Canadiens skated at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard on Friday morning ahead of their Saturday night tilt against the Chicago Blackhawks at the Bell Centre.

- Max Pacioretty did not take part in the on-ice session on Friday morning. The power forward received permission to visit his newborn son, Lorenzo, in Connecticut. Pacioretty will rejoin the team today.

- For their part, Ryan White and Alex Galchenyuk also didn't skate on Friday morning as both remain sidelined due to injury.

Lines and D pairings at practice:

Briere – Plekanec – Gionta

Bourque – Eller – Bournival

Parros – Prust – Moen

Bournival – Desharnais – Gallagher

Emelin – Markov

Gorges – Subban

Murray - Bouillon

Diaz

It's nice that Stu Cowan feels that Bournival can play on 2 separate lines. :)

With the way the habs have been playing lately, I'm very nervous for Saturday's game.

At least we're not the leafs, what is it now, 18 goals allowed over 3 games? :lol:

Whenever we start feeling bad about our habs, we only have to look down the 401 and thank our lucky stars we aren't leaf fans. :P

It's nice that Stu Cowan feels that Bournival can play on 2 separate lines. :)

doubling up again eh! B):D

With the way the habs have been playing lately, I'm very nervous for Saturday's game.

At least we're not the leafs, what is it now, 18 goals allowed over 3 games? :lol:

Whenever we start feeling bad about our habs, we only have to look down the 401 and thank our lucky stars we aren't leaf fans. :P

dunno. There's a common narrative that's very disturbing between both teams. Rigidly old school coaching and an insistence on grit that's harming the team. An embarrassing playoff loss that's clouded judgment. Completely indefensible roster decisions such as the Subban benching, Diaz and Gardiner scratching, Holland being sent down, no forward called up from Hamilton, Murray and Gleason with tons of ice time, stringing along a mediocre center with our best wingers (DD/Pac and Bozak/Kessel). We're steadily progressing to be just as bad as the Leafs possession wise and there's a lot of common elements. Only difference is Price put the team on his back and the Reimer/Bernier tandem hasn't quite done the same.

we are not that bad! we need some work but geez

We are quickly becoming that bad. Price's play has kept the record up but the underlying metrics don't instill confidence at all. Everything we're doing is analogous to the Leafs with a more talented D. We're being murdered in possession metrics and relying on goal tending and special teams. The bottom is starting to fall out for the Leafs, how long until it happens for the Habs? 21st in the league in Fenwick for (8th last year) is not a good sign at all.

If you don't like advanced stats then we're 28th in the league in 5 on 5 goals for. That's unacceptable for a roster this talented that was 5th last season. It's almost like possession metrics correlate with goals scored and future success. Oh wait.

Seems like most of us aren't giving the boys much chance in this one. I have feeling they'll come out flying and surprise us tomorrow. Any point at all would be a small victory after what we've seen lately. I still believe we'll turn this around shortly. This game could be the springboard.

Seems like most of us aren't giving the boys much chance in this one. I have feeling they'll come out flying and surprise us tomorrow. Any point at all would be a small victory after what we've seen lately. I still believe we'll turn this around shortly. This game could be the springboard.

I just hope your feelings aren't wrong. :huh:

I'm not nervous at all. I fully expect the Habs to be blown out of the building while giving another embarrassing performance.

Judging by their last game, and combining that with what kind of team the Blackhawks are, the only springboard I see happening is the *slight* quickening of a change behind the bench. Not in time to make any difference, though, most likely. I see another pitiful one-and-done playoffs.....if they even make the playoffs at all.

George Parros will make his return to the lineup on Saturday night for the first time since suffering a concussion 12 games ago against the Islanders, on Dec. 14.

With Parros back in action, Francis Bouillon will be a healthy scratch against Chicago as Michel Therrien returns to a traditional formation with six defensemen in the lineup after dressing seven D and 11 forwards against Philadelphia.

After missing Friday’s practice while visiting his newborn son in Connecticut, Max Pacioretty was back on the ice with his teammates on Saturday and will play against the Blackhawks.

Archived