The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #47 Tue, 14 Jan 2014 Devils @ Canadiens 7:30 PM RDS, TSN-HABS, TSN 690 Radio

kinot-1

THE NEW JERSEY

NJDevilsAvatar.jpg

VISIT THE

MONTREAL CNANDIENS

HABSLOGOC3_zpsc451af18.jpg

7:30 PM RDS, TSN-HABS, TSN 690 Radio

HERE'S THE GOOD STUFF

The Canadiens will now try to win two in a row for the first time since Dec. 21 and 28.
Montreal has taken four of five from New Jersey (19-18-10), including both matchups this season.
Price has gone 14-3-2 with a 2.31 GAA in his past 19 overall.
Habs are 5-3-2 in their last 10 GP., with a +10 Goal differential.
Habs are 14-7-3 at home. Habs are 4th in the EC.

While Schneider has compiled a 1.17 GAA in going 3-1-1 in his last five,
DeBoer could turn to Brodeur for the first time since last Tuesday.
Montreal native, Brodeur has gone 44-19-1 with five ties against his hometown team
while compiling a 1.85 GAA - his lowest mark against any club.
N.J. is 4-3-3 in their last 10 GP., and a -9 in Goal differential.
N.J. is 9-12-4 on the road. N.J. is 11th in the EC.

Here’s how the lines and defence pairings looked at practice:
Moen-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Briere-Eller-Bourque
Bournival-Prust-Parros
Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Murray-Diaz
Bouillon
TSN radio is saying we will have the same line-ups as used on Sat.
CONFIRMED LINE-UPS AND OTHER GAME NOTES WILL BE POSTED AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE.
kinot-1's GDT record 12-4-1

Who's hot: For the Devils, right wing Michael Ryder has four goals in his past five games, and defenseman Marek Zidlicky has six points in his past six games. … For the Canadiens, defenseman Andrei Markov scored both goals against the Blackhawks, snapping a nine-game goal drought. Goaltender Carey Price, who will start against New Jersey, has allowed one goal in each of his past two starts, both wins.

Who's hot: For the Devils, right wing Michael Ryder has four goals in his past five games, and defenseman Marek Zidlicky has six points in his past six games. … For the Canadiens, defenseman Andrei Markov scored both goals against the Blackhawks, snapping a nine-game goal drought. Goaltender Carey Price, who will start against New Jersey, has allowed one goal in each of his past two starts, both wins.

This game will begin Ryder's cold streak. No letdown please.

If it is, indeed, Broedur's last start in Montreal I hope the fans give him the appreciation he deserves for a long, successful career. I always hated seeing Montreal have to go up against him, but you can't help but respect the hockey player. However, with that said, I hope the players light him up and score 6.

Let's give him the standing O after the game please. No sense pumping him up any more then need be. :lol:

Hopefully no letdown after the Chicago effort.

....I don't think that was the same team. I sure didn't recognize them.

If it is, indeed, Broedur's last start in Montreal I hope the fans give him the appreciation he deserves for a long, successful career. I always hated seeing Montreal have to go up against him, but you can't help but respect the hockey player. However, with that said, I hope the players light him up and score 6.

Yeah, sure, respect....whatever. I hope he gets crushed, and I'll drink a toast if this is his last game at the Bell. My worry is the refs will give an extra dose of bias over their usual amount for one of their "protected" players.

Let's just give him an L for the loss column.

In fact, let's make it a Standing "L" :P

Archived