The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #48 Thu, 16 Jan 2014 Canadiens @ Senators 7:30 PM RDS, TSN

habby4ever

460627085_slide.jpg

Les Canadiens vs Senators

Habs are 5-3-2 in their last 10 games, while Senators are 7-1-2

In the last meeting between these clubs, The habs were down 3-1 entering the third period, they got going quickly on a nifty goal by Briere at 1:57. With a puck battle going on behind the goal line, Briere set himself up to Anderson's right. Plekanec found him there, and Briere quickly lifted the puck under the crossbar from a sharp angle for his seventh of the season to cut the Senators lead to 3-2. Less than three minutes later the revamped line struck again when Plekanec took a shot from the point that handcuffed Anderson and landed behind him in the crease. Gionta immediately jumped in and shoveled it past the goal line at 4:46 for his sixth of the season, snapping a 13-game drought. (as shown above). Unfortunately, Ottawa then won 4-3 in overtime on a power-play goal by Clarke MacArthur. At 19:41 of 3rd period P.K. Subban was penalized for Hooking against Erik Condra, thus Ottawa,s goal 58 seconds into OT. Love to see another thrilling and exciting game, towards the Habs and Blackhawks latest encounter, ending in a "W" for the habs . Go Habs Go.

Here’s how we can expect to see the Habs lineup

Practice Jan 15-2014

Moen– Plekanec- Gionta

Pacioretty- Eller– Gallagher

Bournival–Briere -Bourque

?-Prust-Parros

Gorges– Subban

Emelin -Markov

Murray – Diaz

Price .927 Sv% 2.21 GAA (38th start)

Budaj .920 Sv% 2.14 GAA

Probable Scratches: Drewiske, Galchenyuk, White, Desharnais (flu), Bouillon

- All of the players who took part in Tuesday night’s game were on the ice in Brossard. David Desharnais, however, did not skate on Wednesday morning as he remains absent with the flu. The 27-year-old centerman was a late scratch ahead of the tilt against the Devils. Head coach Michel Therrien confirmed that Desharnais will travel with the team to Ottawa, and a decision on his playing status will be made at some point on Thursday.

Here’s how we can expect to see the Senators lineup

Greening-Spezza-Stone

MacAthur-Turris-Ryan

Conacher-Zibanejad-Michalek

Kassian-Smith-Condra

Cowen-Karlsson

Methot-Ceci

Phillips- Wiercioch

Craig Anderson (6-0-2 over his past eight starts)

Anderson .905 Sv% 3.10 GAA

Lehner .926 Sv% 2.54 GAA

Probable Scratches: Neil, Corvo, Gryba, Pageau (AHL)

Bon Match!!!!

"Game Day Lineups Available when released."

Despite counting on just 11 healthy forwards and using seven defensemen during the last two games, Therrien doesn’t expect any call-ups from Hamilton to take place going forward.

Despite counting on just 11 healthy forwards and using seven defensemen during the last two games, Therrien doesn’t expect any call-ups from Hamilton to take place going forward.

Which is a bad plan, especially since we don't have 7 NHL-quality defencemen. I'd be fine with 7 D if we were doing it to get a guy liek Beaulieu in to help the PP. But otherwise, why not call up Leblanc and get someone useful in there?

Which is a bad plan, especially since we don't have 7 NHL-quality defencemen. I'd be fine with 7 D if we were doing it to get a guy liek Beaulieu in to help the PP. But otherwise, why not call up Leblanc and get someone useful in there?

Well when Parros and Murray are in the lineup it's basically dressing 6 NHL defensemen and 10 forwards, because they hardly play at even strength (and for good reason).

Call up Leblanc/Andrighetto/Blunden and one of the defensemen from Hamilton. I don't understand this rationale at all.

If Desharnais is able to play, Francis Bouillon is expected to be a healthy scratch.

Carey Price will start in goal for the Canadiens and Craig Anderson is expected to start for the Senators.

Here’s the projected Habs lineup for the game:

Moen-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Briere-Eller-Bourque
Bournival-Prust-Parros

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Murray-Diaz
Bouillon

Call up Leblanc/Andrighetto/Blunden and one of the defensemen from Hamilton. I don't understand this rationale at all.

Not Blunden. Leblanc, Andrighetto, Thomas, and Dumont would all be better.

Great GDT!

I hate the Sens. I wanna win badly.

Evening pals. Well, it might be watchable if the garbage like Neil and Gryba aren't playing. Otherwise, I don't have much hope for this one. We never beat this stupid team, even though we're superior in every possible respect.

Tim Peel. Haven't we had enough goals disallowed this year?

I'll say 4-3 Habs.

Nevermind. It'll be totally unwatchable.

Archived