Canadiens de Montreal

Game #49 Sat, 18 Jan 2014 Canadiens @ Maple Leafs 7:00 PM CBC, RDS, NHLN-US

habby4ever

461842393_std.jpg

Here are the Canadiens -

les Glorieux

versus the Laffs

Head to Head Statistics : Laffs and Montreal Canadiens

Habs have 28 wins, 30 losses, 0 Draws, 7 OT Wins, 2 OT Losses, 3 PS Wins, 4 PS losses, 3.2 goals per match. The Laffs have 3.1 goals per match. The Hockey Teams Laffs and Habs played 58 Games up to today. In these Games the Teams made a average of 6.3 Goals per Match.

Fifteen times the two teams have faced-off against each other in the Stanley Cup playoffs; the Habs winning eight, the Laffs seven. Each time the victor went on to win the Stanley Cup, the last one won by the Laffs way back in 1967. That win in ’67 was the last time the Laffs won the Stanley Cup while the Habs went on to win the Cup ten more times.

Last 10: Habs 5-3-2 Laffs 6-4-0

Notebook - Jan. 15, 2014 Wednesday, 15.01.2014 / 2:22 PM / News canadiens.com: Desharnais is the third Canadiens forward to be sidelined in the last 10 days after Alex Galchenyuk and Ryan White both suffered injuries. Despite counting on just 11 healthy forwards and using seven defensemen during the last two games, Therrien doesn’t expect any call-ups from Hamilton to take place going forward.

POSTED ON FRIDAY, 17.01.2014 / 10:25 AM Rapid Fire: The Canadiens recalled defenseman Nathan Beaulieu and forward Joonas Nattinen from the Hamilton Bulldogs on Friday morning. They will both be on the ice for practice at the MasterCard Centre in Toronto at 1:00 p.m. Beaulieu has played five games with the Canadiens this season, recording one assist and a plus-2 differential to bring his NHL career totals to three points and a plus-7 rating in 11 games. In 32 games with the Bulldogs in 2013-14, the Strathroy, ON native has amassed four goals and 14 points. Having yet to see action for the Habs this year, Nattinen is hoping to make his 2013-14 Canadiens debut against the Leafs. The team’s third round selection, 65th-overall, from the 2009 NHL Entry Draft has five goals and six assists in 37 games in Hamilton so far this season.

IMHO: I am glad that the habs have made callups from Hamilton. Utilizing some of our up and coming talent. Hope we are on a roll. Thoroughly enjoyed our win over Ottawa. Lets keep it going. Go Habs Go.

Here’s how we can expect to see the Habs lineup

Pacioretty – Desharnais – Gallagher

Moen– Plekanec- Gionta

Bourque-Eller -Briere

Bournival-Prust-Parros

Nattinen

Gorges– Subban

Markov -Emelin

Murray – Diaz

Beaulieu

Price .926 Sv% 2.26 GAA

Budaj .920 Sv% 2.14 GAA

Probable Scratches: Drewiske, Galchenyuk, White, Bouillon

Here’s how we can expect to see the Laffs lineup

Riemsdyk-Bozak-Kessel

Raymond-Kadri-Lupul

Kulemin-Holland- Clarkson

Ashton-McClement-Orr

Gunnarsson-Phaneuf

Franson-Gleason

Gardiner- Rielly

Bernier .926 Sv% 2.58 GAA

Reimer 9.17 Sv% 3.06 GAA

Probable Scratches: Bolland, McLaren

Bon Match!!!!

Quote on Gameday: Every day, is a great day for Hockey.

sml_gallery_442857_17_16789.jpg

Mischief : "Game Day Lineups Available when released."

LEAFS PLACE CLARKSON, MCLAREN ON INJURED RESERVE

1/17/2014 12:04:36 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=441458

Practice - January 17 (rapid fire) habs site
TORONTO – The Canadiens held a practice at the MasterCard Centre on Friday morning, in preparations for their Saturday night game against the Maple Leafs.

Lars Eller and Raphael Diaz sat out practice with flu symptoms, while Douglas Murray took a therapy day.

Yougsters Joonas Nattinen and Nathan Beaulieu, freshly recalled from the Hamilton Bulldogs, joined their new teammates for practice. Nattinen wore number 28.

Coach Michel Therrien confirmed that both Beaulieu and Nattinen will play tomorrow, making it the Finn's NHL debut. Carey Price will be in net.

LINES AT PRACTICE

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Moen-Nattinen-Parros
Bournival-Briere-Prust

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Bouillon-Beaulieu

Another great GDT, habby. :) , you can sure put it together.

I'm just wondering which habs will show up tomorrow... The one's who beat the hawks or the ones who were almost beaten by the sens and beaten by the devils?

I'm hoping for the former.

Well, Ted,,,if you recall, we flopped in Philly,,,,had a great game against Chicago,,, were iffy, against the Sens,,,,so, to follow that up, with having a good game every other game, IMO,,,,,we'll have a great game against the laffs. At least we had better. <_< .

Tweeted Bulldogs play-by-play announcer Derek Wills after the callups from Hamilton were announced:

“Nattinen is big and strong, a good skater and a smart player. … While Nattinen has been playing on the 4th line with Courtnal & Fournier, the 4th line gets a lot of ice time. … Nattinen is a regular on penalty kill, which has gone 25 for the last 26. Good player, good prospect.”

As for Beaulieu, Wills tweeted: “Fresh-off his first-ever “Gordie Howe Hat Trick” (Beaulieu) has been heating-up with 5 points (2 goals, 3 assists) in last 5 games.”

Nattinen told reporters in Toronto after practice that he wants to bring speed, size and a good defensive game to the Canadiens. “Hopefully, I’ll also be able to create some offense,” he added.

Eller is playing tonight, with Gio and Pleki

Bourque is scratched

Still no confirmation for D but Diaz did not practice this morning

Not surprising that Bernier will start for the Laffs.

the game is not in Montreal so it doesn't really matter #quebecergoaliesgranmasinthestands

Eller is playing tonight, with Gio and Pleki

Bourque is scratched

Still no confirmation for D but Diaz did not practice this morning

the game is not in Montreal so it doesn't really matter #quebecergoaliesgranmasinthestands

About time that RB sat. My guess is that Beaulieu will play in his place. I really like his work ethic, and because the Habs "might" be bitten by the flu, I hope he sticks around for a few games. I don't know too much about Nattinen, but hopefully he gives a good effort.

According to Martin McGuire, Diaz and Murray are out. Bouillon and Beaulieu will be the third pairing.

Lines:

Pacman-DD-Gallagher

Eller-Pleks-Gio

Bournival-Briere-Prust

Moen-Nattinen-Parros

Thanks Ted ( :D ), I like the 3rd line, (well the others too), because IMO, Prust creates space, Bourny has a lot of energy, and Briere, well, he had better keep up and find the open spaces. If it works out with tese 3, then maybe MT will keep them together.

#wishfullthinkingonmypart

Archived