Canadiens de Montreal

Game #50 Wed, 22 Jan 2014 Canadiens @ Penguins 7:00 PM RDS, TSN, TSN Radio 690

kinot-1

canadienspuckpic.jpg

AT

BADPENGUIN_zpsa457c5ea.jpg

7:00 PM RDS, TSN, TSN Radio 690

The Good

The Montreal Canadiens and Pittsburgh Penguins play the second of three games. Matched against Sidney Crosby, Canadiens center Tomas Plekanec held the Penguins captain without a point and to a minus-1 rating in a 3-2 win on Nov. 23 at Bell Centre.

The Penguins' franchise-record home winning streak ended at 13 games Monday

with a 5-1 loss to the Florida Panthers. Pittsburgh, though,

still leads the Eastern Conference in both home victories (20-4-0) and points (70), and welcomes a Canadiens team yet to win or lose consecutive games since the start of 2014.

The Bad

Pittsburg is 7-2-1 in their last 10 GP, has lost only 4 games at home, has a + 37 goal differential,

and they are 11 PTs. ahead of us in the EC.

Their PP is tops in the league at 24.2%, while their Pk is at 87.9%

And The Other Stuff

Montreal (27-17-5) has gone 0-3-1 in the last four meetings there and 2-6-1 in the past nine.

The Canadiens did end a three-game overall losing streak in the series

in the first matchup of the season, winning 3-2 on Nov. 23

. Leblanc, called up for the second time this season,

practiced Tuesday with Travis Moen on a line centered by Michael Bournival.

Bottom line: Habs are 13-9-2 on the road, is +6 in goal differential (and dropping),

and are 4-4-2 in their last 10 GP. Our PP is at a mediocre 19.6 %, while our PK is at 85.6 %.

Who's hot:

Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty has points in four straight games and five of six. Plekanec has six points (three goals, three assists) in eight January games. Penguins center Evgeni Malkin has at least one point in six of his past seven games. Niskanen has points in four straight and 12 of his past 14 games (six goals, seven assists).

Methinks this is going to be a lonnnnnng night

kinot-1's GDT record 12-5-1

Habs I/O:

Canadiens first-round draft picks Louis Leblanc and Nathan Beaulieu will be in the lineup Wednesday when the Canadiens play the Penguins in Pittsburgh.

The Canadiens will have to play a really tight game because if they give the Penguins time and space they’ll hurt you, Therrien said.

“We’ll have to follow the game plan to the letter,” the coach added.

I really hope MT has a game plan. <_<

The Canadiens will have to play a really tight game because if they give the Penguins time and space they’ll hurt you, Therrien said.

“We’ll have to follow the game plan to the letter,” the coach added.

I really hope MT has a game plan. <_<

Well, we had the same reaction before the Chicago game, and he proved us wrong. Here's to hoping he does again, but I'm not optimistic.

Great GDT Kinot, I hope the Penguins are counting out the habs, as some fans are.

An effort like the Chicago game, will make a lot of fans happy. Would be nice to see,

shock on the penguins fans faces, after the game. As always, optimistic me. :PB):D:lol:

I saw the d-pairings were:

Markov-Subban

Gorges-Beaulieu

Emelin-Diaz

I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Markov and Subban back together? Emelin back on his left? Beaulieu on second PP??

FINALLY

Yeah, there were 4 pairings at practice, the other was Bouillon - Murray, it turns out the 4th (scratched) pairing was Emelin - Diaz, not Bouillon and Murray like everyone assumed. So, yeah, Bouillon and Murray vs Pittsburgh.

Yeah, there were 4 pairings at practice, the other was Bouillon - Murray, it turns out the 4th (scratched) pairing was Emelin - Diaz, not Bouillon and Murray like everyone assumed. So, yeah, Bouillon and Murray vs Pittsburgh.

:lol:

I just had to laugh when I read that. Just when the general consensus here was finally 'Hey, Therrien is doing something that we can all agree on!'. Hahahaha nope!

AMAZING! :lol: Is Parros playing too?

It would be sick if Crosby can get out against Bouillon-Murray with Parros on the ice too.

Well, might as well scratch Emelin.....anything but move him to his correct side. Wow. <shakes head>

OK, my prediction:

Another disappointment. Habs come out as if they have totally lost their identity, fall behind early, and never quite get caught up. Price does his best to keep the game from becoming a total blowout, but it does anyway. Refs don't help at all. Best scoring chances on Habs PPs come from the shorthanded opponents. When the Habs do score, they give up a goal within a minute afterwards. #soundsfamiliar

5-2 Pens

Sounds pretty accurate, Rick. :lol:

....sadly.... :(

Well judging from the pairings at practice, it looks like he'll at least be sitting on the left side of the press box. Baby steps, right? :lol:

....oh, dear.....

After reading the last 5-6 posts, I can see that we are in for another fun-filled evening of poking fun at our dismal efforts in tonight's game. :D

CR at the ready. :)

mmmmm.....maple finished......

They're going to be mad after losing to Florida. It could be a long night.

Sometimes they don't play well mad - sometimes they play stoopid mad

Here's hoping! B)

I take this back - pulled Emelin and Diaz? :angry:

Not sure what kind of circus Therrien is trying to be the Ringmaster of but it ain't gonna be pretty and it ain't gonna be fun

Great GDT, Kinot

Archived