The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #52 Sat, 25 Jan 2014 Capitals @ Canadiens 7:00 PM CBC, RDS

habby4ever

top026.jpg

Here are the Canadiens - les Glorieux

versus the Capitals

Head to Head Statistics : Capitols and Montreal Canadiens

Habs have 18 wins, 23 losses, 0 Draws, 2 OT Wins, 4 OT Losses, 2 PS Wins, 2 PS losses, 2.6 goals per match. The Capitols have 3 goals per match. The Hockey Teams Capitols and Habs played 41 Games up to today. In these Games the Teams made a average of 5.6 Goals per Match. Team Washington Capitals won 43% of the Games with common opponents, Montreal Canadiens won 54% of those Games. Based upon the comparison there is related Tips prediction a potential advantage for Hockey Team Montreal Canadiens. These odds increase if Ovechkin sits out this game, also.

Here’s how we can expect to see the Habs lineup

Pacioretty – Desharnais – Gallagher

Eller– Plekanec- Gionta

Bourque-Briere-Prust

Moen-Bournival-Leblanc

Markov– Subban

Beaulieu-Gorges

Murray-Emelin

Price .92o Sv% 2.44 GAA

Budaj .923 Sv% 2.06 GAA (starting)

Probable Scratches: Drewiske, Galchenyuk, White, Diaz, Bouillon

Here’s how we can expect to see the Capitols lineup

Johansson-Backstrom- Brouwer

Erat-Grabovski-Fehr

Chimera- Laich-Ward

Volpatti-Beagle-Wilson

Carlson-Alzner

Orlov-Green

Schmidt-Carrick

Holtby .911 Sv% 3.00 GAA (starting)

Neuvirth .915 Sv% 2.79 GAA

Probable Scratches: Hillen, Ovechkin

Alex Ovechkin sits out practice: The Capitals play back-to-back games this weekend at New Jersey and at Montreal, which is this year’s dads and mentors trip, also factors into any decision the team will make about Ovechkin’s status, Oates said. “We’re not going to put him in a position that he could play, hurt himself and set it back,” Oates said. “If he’s okay to go, obviously his conditioning would be behind so that’s why you’d limit the minutes but if he’s not ready to go we won’t play him.”

The Capitals and Canadiens met twice earlier this season, both of those meetings coming on consecutive Friday nights in late November and both taking place at Verizon Center. The Caps and Habs traded 3-2 victories in those games, with Montreal taking a 3-2 regulation decision from Washington on Nov. 22 and the Capitals winning in a shootout over the Canadiens exactly a week later.

Bon Match!!!!

Quote on Gameday: Perusing the internet, I noticed the following comments: The three important elements of hockey are: forecheck, backcheck and paycheck. Hockey is like a disease, you can't really shake it. Canada is hockey. High sticking, tripping, slashing, spearing, charging, hooking, fighting, unsportsmanlike conduct, interference, roughing... everything else is just playing the game.

sml_gallery_442857_17_16789.jpg

Mischief : "Game Day Lineups Available when released."

top026.jpg

Here are the Canadiens - les Glorieux
versus the Capitals
Head to Head Statistics : Capitols and Montreal Canadiens
Habs have 18 wins, 23 losses, 0 Draws, 2 OT Wins, 4 OT Losses, 2 PS Wins, 2 PS losses, 2.6 goals per match. The Capitols have 3 goals per match. The Hockey Teams Capitols and Habs played 41 Games up to today. In these Games the Teams made a average of 5.6 Goals per Match. Team Washington Capitals won 43% of the Games with common opponents, Montreal Canadiens won 54% of those Games. Based upon the comparison there is related Tips prediction a potential advantage for Hockey Team Montreal Canadiens. These odds increase if Ovechkin sits out this game, also.
Here’s how we can expect to see the Habs lineup
Pacioretty – Desharnais – Gallagher
Eller– Plekanec- Gionta
Bourque-Briere-Prust
Moen-Bournival-Leblanc
Markov– Subban
Beaulieu-Gorges
Murray-Emelin
Price .92o Sv% 2.44 GAA
Budaj .923 Sv% 2.06 GAA (starting)
Probable Scratches: Drewiske, Galchenyuk, White, Diaz, Bouillon
Here’s how we can expect to see the Capitols lineup
Johansson-Backstrom- Brouwer
Erat-Grabovski-Fehr
Chimera- Laich-Ward
Volpatti-Beagle-Wilson
Carlson-Alzner
Orlov-Green
Schmidt-Carrick
Holtby .911 Sv% 3.00 GAA (starting)
Neuvirth .915 Sv% 2.79 GAA
Probable Scratches: Hillen, Ovechkin
Alex Ovechkin sits out practice: The Capitals play back-to-back games this weekend at New Jersey and at Montreal, which is this year’s dads and mentors trip, also factors into any decision the team will make about Ovechkin’s status, Oates said. “We’re not going to put him in a position that he could play, hurt himself and set it back,” Oates said. “If he’s okay to go, obviously his conditioning would be behind so that’s why you’d limit the minutes but if he’s not ready to go we won’t play him.”
The Capitals and Canadiens met twice earlier this season, both of those meetings coming on consecutive Friday nights in late November and both taking place at Verizon Center. The Caps and Habs traded 3-2 victories in those games, with Montreal taking a 3-2 regulation decision from Washington on Nov. 22 and the Capitals winning in a shootout over the Canadiens exactly a week later.
Bon Match!!!!
Quote on Gameday: Perusing the internet, I noticed the following comments: The three important elements of hockey are: forecheck, backcheck and paycheck. Hockey is like a disease, you can't really shake it. Canada is hockey. High sticking, tripping, slashing, spearing, charging, hooking, fighting, unsportsmanlike conduct, interference, roughing... everything else is just playing the game.
sml_gallery_442857_17_16789.jpg
Mischief : "Game Day Lineups Available when released."

Where's Tennile?

Just left tsn page: Washington, on its longest losing streak since an 0-6-2 drought from Dec. 2-18, 2010, also lost center Mikhail Grabovski to a lower-body injury during the second period and he did not return. His status for this game, as well as Ovechkin's, is unknown.

I hope your GDT, which is great BTW, will end this rediculous losing streak

Just left tsn page: Washington, on its longest losing streak since an 0-6-2 drought from Dec. 2-18, 2010, also lost center Mikhail Grabovski to a lower-body injury during the second period and he did not return. His status for this game, as well as Ovechkin's, is unknown.

Will it matter? Maybe,,maybe not. <_<

I have been a Habs fan for 62 years and never have I been more upset than I am this year!!! What the hell is going on with this club. I did not like Therrian when he was in Montreal the first time and I have no clue why they brought him back? This team right now lacks confidence, motivation and focus. They are brutal!! If it wasn' for CP we would have lost the only four games we won this month. If I were him I would be heading to Bergevin's office asking for a trade. This team does not deserve a quality goalie like Cary. They do not protect him and rely on him to save them every night!

Other than Pac and Desharnais who do we have to score goals? When the leading scorer on the team is a defenceman you know you are in trouble. [edit] In the Pitts game #29 was brutal and #74 watched from the stands as a healhy scratch. Last night against the Wings they were both brutal. #74 before his injury was rock solid and never let the puck carrier get around him the way they are now. # 29 must be ready for a retirement home because he is sure playing like it.

[edit] I am tired of T saying, "I thought we played well tonight we just didn't get the results." Really coach???

I am not impressed with Bergevin as GM because to date what has he done? Let's see; we got Briere, Murray and Parros in the off season. How has that worked out Marc? Too many has beens on this team. Bourgue, Markov, White, Briere, Murray, Parros. Problem is no one wants these bargin basement players that Marc likes to sign.

This is the most revered franchise in the NHL and this team is an embarassemet to the sweater the pull over their heads every game! The "Make Me Laughs" were eight points behind us two weeks ago and now they are tied with us. Two weeks from now I am sure the Leafs will be eight points ahead of us and "T" will still be saying," we just did not get the results."

Well I guess I better go put some beer on ice for tonight's game. I used to put about four beer on ice but lately I have been turning off the game after 30 min of play so I guess one should be enough for tonight.

I hope I am wrong and somehow the Habs get a "W" tonight but after watching the play over the last four games it is highly unlikely.

<edited for language> -Manatee-X

Guest mrsmarkov

The Habs have been so disappointing lately, it drives me nuts. But no matter what, I will always watch the entire game. At the end of the day they're forever my team. I've always loved Therrien, but he needs to go. He started juggling the lines when everything was going great and we were having good results. Like I always say, don't break something that isn't broken. But it's broken now, he's a goof. The offense, the defense, just everything is poor. Easy shots aren't going to go in, there's no motivation whatsoever and the defense is brutal. No one even rushes for the puck anymore, just leaving Price to dry. Yes, I said Price. No need to mention Budaj because [edit] he hardly ever plays, which is [edit]. We only see him for back to back games, which is ridiculous. He has improved so much this season and he deserves to play more. I honestly can say that I feel like we have two starter goalies at last, but Therrien is just leaving Budaj to warm up the bench when he could have clearly won some of the games we have lost. Another thing, what's with all of the penalties? Especially Pk. He makes me so angry, he always gets a penalty in the third period when we have a one goal lead or if we're just a goal behind. What a goof if you ask me. Oh and the most recent [edit]. Calling up Leblanc and Beaulieu. They're not doing anything for us and they continue to be penciled into the lineup every night...hmm makes sense. Oh and lets talk about the wastes of money. *Cough* Bourque [edit], Briere ( I did love him during his prime in Buffalo, but that's ancient history), Parros ( like [edit]? for a so called tough guy, I'm pretty sure a poodle would be more durable) and what the hell can Murray do? Absoloutely nothing! Oh and Emelin what a disappointment he has been. Like "Here opposing player, have the puck, I don't want it."

I can go on for hours, we seriously need to smarten up, but we can't do anything if Therrien keeps messing with the lines. Oh and Chucky, come back soon :(

What's everyones' thoughts?

Oh and my bad, sorry for my language. I didn't expect this to be edited :P Must put soap in my mouth I guess :lol:

Guest mrsmarkov

From Habs I/O:

"Ovechkin took part in the Capitals’ optional skate Saturday morning at the Bell Centre. He’ll be a game-time decision, but it looks like he will play."

Still time to change your predictions for tonight game. :P

Haha I don't think that would change my prediction either way. I mean even if Ovi plays, I'd still go with us for the win. Even with all of his goals the Caps still have trouble winning games. It's almost impossible to keep Ovi off the scoreboard, but definitely possible to have them fly back with zero points. Okay, I wish you didn't mention changing predictions because I don't tend to say things like this out loud haha I definitely don't want to jinx the Habs. But I did type this, so maybe the jinx doesn't work the same as saying it out loud haha regardless, my Habs jersey is ready, my good luck Habs mug is ready for my coffee, the pooches are in their jerseys, my Habs blanket and slippers are ready on the couch...I'm game ready. Oh please tell me I'm not the only one who dresses my dogs up in Habs jerseys haha?

Another chapter in the soap opera "As the Habs Turn (our stomachs)"

Obviously, management won't do anything until it's way too late, so I see a continued, lengthy slide into oblivion. Ovechkin probably nets two goals tonight. Habs are terrible on back-to-backs, so I expect them to look even more lost than they have been lately, and that's saying something. Defense will let the Crapitals waltz right in our zone and the slot repeatedly, resulting in early goals against. Habs will be playing catch-up (something they are now getting quite used to), but just won't be able to score goals. I wouldn't be surprised if Grabovski plays and burns his old team again, and maybe even injures one. This one could be the game that makes the whole league realize how big of a joke this franchise has become.

5-1 Washington, and the talk of missing the playoffs becomes very real.

Another chapter in the soap opera "As the Habs Turn (our stomachs)"

Obviously, management won't do anything until it's way too late, so I see a continued, lengthy slide into oblivion. Ovechkin probably nets two goals tonight. Habs are terrible on back-to-backs, so I expect them to look even more lost than they have been lately, and that's saying something. Defense will let the Crapitals waltz right in our zone and the slot repeatedly, resulting in early goals against. Habs will be playing catch-up (something they are now getting quite used to), but just won't be able to score goals. I wouldn't be surprised if Grabovski plays and burns his old team again, and maybe even injures one. This one could be the game that makes the whole league realize how big of a joke this franchise has become.

5-1 Washington, and the talk of missing the playoffs becomes very real.

Yup, Rick,,,sounds like got it figured out,,,,, the same as the rest of us, only your writing a book on it. :lol:

Archived