The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #57 | Montreal Vs Calgary | 4 February 2014 | 7:00pm EST

beaubie

I don't know how you do it, beaubie, but you sure do make some terrific GDT's. Well done. For that you get 2 smileys :):):P

Dale Weise will make his Canadiens debut Tuesday night against the Calgary Flames at the Bell Centre, and will be skating on a line with Michael Bournival and Ryan White, who is making his return to the line-up.

Travis Moen didn’t take part in the morning skate because of a lower-body injury and won’t play against the Flames. George Parros will be a healthy scratch at forward and defenceman Francis Bouillon will also sit this one out.

The Flames come to Montreal on a five-game winning streak and beat the Canadiens in their previous meeting this season, 3-2 in Calgary on Oct. 9. The Canadiens are 2-5-1 in their last eight games.

I don't know how you do it, beaubie, but you sure do make some terrific GDT's. Well done. For that you get 2 smileys :):):P

Thanks kinot! It's the beaubie magic :lol: But really, an idea pops into my mind or something random inspires it and I run with it. I don't know where i got a 70s theme from but it happened and I ran with it.

I'm thinking perhaps Budaj may get the game though? I don't know.

while Kinot talks about defrosting cows, you make amazing GDT's

I am hoping for the habs to heat up, and get a "W"

it-s-about-time.gif

Guest mrsmarkov

Beautiful game preview @Beaubie. My favourite I have ever seen posted, it's flawless.

So excited to see Weise and Whitey play on the same line, I have a feeling they're both going to work extremely hard tonight. I love Weise's enthusiasm and excitement, his personality is such a breath of fresh air. I hope his energy shows in his play tonight.

Sigh. Down here in Georgia I am not able to get the game in HD. Because it is not DirecTV's fault but I think it has to do with the Canadian broadcasting agreement. I'm going to hurt my eyes :)

I've looked into this, because I find it rather annoying, too. Turns out it's completely the NHL's prerogative to pick feeds to distribute, as DirecTV is more than willing (and capable) of receiving and retransmitting the feeds. The league just decides not to. They already receive all of them, in HD, and there are no rights hangups. They just feel no particular need to distribute HD Canadian feeds (or Canadian feeds in general) except for CBC HNIC games and the irregular HD Leafs TV feed.

I've looked into this, because I find it rather annoying, too. Turns out it's completely the NHL's prerogative to pick feeds to distribute, as DirecTV is more than willing (and capable) of receiving and retransmitting the feeds. The league just decides not to. They already receive all of them, in HD, and there are no rights hangups. They just feel no particular need to distribute HD Canadian feeds (or Canadian feeds in general) except for CBC HNIC games and the irregular HD Leafs TV feed.

You are right...I guess I can just make out that there is black ice at each end of the picture... :unsure:

It says the game began it says the game begins at 730 so I presume that the part must be 745 or eight?

You are right...I guess I can just make out that there is black ice at each end of the picture... :unsure:

It may or may not get better next season, as all games will be nationally broadcast in Canada. I've been very disappointed with Centre Ice this season. Yeah, it's slightly cheaper, but there's been noticeably fewer Canadian feeds and HD. I've probably gotten TSN in HD four times all year. Three seasons ago, getting RDS was not unheard of. Oh well.

But if they think this is going to strong arm me out of being a Habs fan, they've got another thing coming. B)

Archived