The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #64 Wed, 5 Mar 2014 Canadiens @ Ducks 10:00 PM RDS, TSN-HABS

logohabstwitter.jpg

VS

Duck.jpg

CANADIENS (34-22-7) vs. DUCKS (43-14-5)

On Wednesday night, the Habs will face off against the Anaheim Ducks, the top-ranked team in the NHL.

The Canadiens are coming off a 2-1 loss against the Los Angeles Kings on Monday, their first regulation loss since February 2. In the absence of Carey Price, Michel Therrien’s troops played a tight-checking, low-event game, conceding only 22 shots to the usually trigger-happy Kings while putting 18 shots on net. Jake Muzzin scored in the early going before P.K. Subban tied the game at one with his tenth of the year. Jeff Carter scored the game-winner on a powerplay in the third period.

The previous evening, the Ducks won 5-3 against the Carolina Hurricanes. In stark contrast to the Habs-Kings match-up, this contest featured 86 combined shots on goal. Ducks netminder Frederik Andersen put up a miraculous .942 save percentage despite facing 52 shots. Meanwhile, Cam Ward allowed five goals on 34 shots. Corey Perry led the offensive charge for the Ducks, notching two goals, one assist and five shots on net.

Will this be the debut of Mike Weaver in a Hab jersey? If so,,,who will he be paired with?? Try your best to stay awake long enough to find out tomorrow night. :lol:

gohabsgo-1.jpg

We could use a few volunteers for GDT's this month people. You can either sign up for one or ask a mod if you need help putting one together. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :) :)

Guest mrsmarkov

Tokarski is going to have a heart attack tonight, I sure know I will. He should have played against the Coyotes, not the team that has a high chance of winning the cup this season. I'm freaking out here. This can either go flawlessly with him earning a shutout because he wants to prove himself or it can be a slaughter house tonight because of his nerves and obviously because of the brilliance that is the Ducks. I sure hope the team is ready to go hunting for ducks tonight.

yes, to let him play vs his former team.

By that logic, we could re-sign Laraque to play Edmonton and MAB to play Tampa. I agree with you that it could be why MT is doing it, but it's a pretty terrible decision... let's bench one of our best young two-way forwards and replace him with a goon who plays 4 minutes a game. I'll reiterate that the biggest obstacle to the Habs having post-season success now remains Therrien and his ego.

MT starts Parros-White-Moen in order to get Parros in against his former team. It's a feel-good move for the coach. Anaheim counters with Getzlaf and Perry. Time to see if character and grit hold up against skill.

Tokarski doesn't scare me as much as Alex Auld did. Hopefully he plays well. We'll need some offence against Anaheim tonight.

Archived