The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #66 Saturday 8 March 2014 - Canadiens @ Sharks 10:00 PM EST CBC RDS CSN California

habs_93

Our Montreal Canadiens

X5WpGOx.gif

(Last game: 3-5 loss to Phoenix)

visit the San Jose Sharks

ig5JtOY.png?1

(Last game: 5-3 win over Pittsburgh)

The last leg of this brutal roadtrip takes us to the Bay Area of Northern California. San Jose is one of the best regular season teams of the NHL in the last fifteen years. This year's no exception. At 40-17-7, the Sharks have 87 points and a stranglehold on second place in the new and improved Pacific Division. Of particular note is their home record, which is 23-4-4—not too bad. San Jose is a powerhouse by any metric. Goals for per game? 7th at 2.91. Goals against? 7th at 2.38. Power Play and Penalty Kill? Above average.

This isn't going to be easy, but they never are. And that's why it's fun to watch, right? :lol:

Injuries: San Jose is still without rookie sensation Tomáš Hertl, as well as Brad Stuart. We're missing Josh Gorges, Michaël Bournival, and likely still Carey Price.

GO HABS GO!

Guest mrsmarkov

Exciting road trip, but a terrifying, nerve wracking one. Hopefully we head back home to Montreal with two points in hand. Go Habs Go!

Here’s how the lines and defence pairings looked at Saturday’s morning skate:

Gallagher-Desharnais-Pacioretty
Vanek-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Bourque
White-Brière-Moen
Prust-Bournival-Parros/Weise

Tinordi-Subban
Emelin-Markov
Murray-Weaver
Bouillon

We will be in tough again tonight, but I like our play on this road trip so far.If we get a point or two tonight I would say it is a success. We are playing some teams that are very disciplined and holding our own (accept the Phoenix fiasco late in the third. Hopefully Vanek can contribute tonight.

I just realized that this game is in the arena of the "Lets go sha-arks" **cringe**

Actually, I think it's....

"Lets go sha-arks....*cringe* *cringe* *cringe-cringe-cringe*

Budaj to start! Yay

Yep. Sure am glad NHL players get to go to the Olympics.

The Canadiens have not won in San Jose since Nov. 23, 1999.
The rink is now the SAP Center, naming rights having been acquired by a German software company.
Daniel Brière will play his 900th NHL game tonight.

Well, last game an equally distant streak was ended, so maybe we'll do it this time.

Then again, maybe not.

Guest mrsmarkov

Haha the small font.

Actually, I think it's....

"Lets go sha-arks....*cringe* *cringe* *cringe-cringe-cringe*

Yep. Sure am glad NHL players get to go to the Olympics.

Well, last game an equally distant streak was ended, so maybe we'll do it this time.

Then again, maybe not.

Off to watch Hockey360. Enjoy the game everyone......or try to.

Great GDT 93.

This will be a tough one. I want to see a good effort and a close game at least. We seem to do better against top teams(7-1 vs Chicago, Anaheim, Pittsburgh, and Boston this season) but not against the tighter-checking ones(I don't think we've won a single game vs LA, STL, or SJ). We'll see.

Boston-Tampa going to a shootout. 3-point game.....of course

Toronto-Philly tied 3-3 late in the 3rd....probably another "loser point" game....

stupid prunes

:angry:

But I've given up hope on catching up Boston. Let's just beat them when it counts(The PO's).

Archived