The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #68 - Saturday 15 March 2014 7:00 PM EST - Senators @ Canadiens - CBC RDS NHLN-US TSN 690

habs_93

Our Habs
SKuh73d.gif?1

Are visited by the Ottawa—
s3NlsTc.jpg?1

Er, The Ottawa...
hSq9MLk.jpg?1

Senators!

The Senators are lead by fearless Captain Daniel Alfredsson Jason Spezza. Hey, Jason, what do you think about the Senators' chances to win the cup?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds9zPfVdkpE

In net, they have perpetual Vezina favourite Craig Anderson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLvzNgpEvRY

They've also got Erik Karlsson, the best defenceman in the world

And a few other players who certainly won't get traded in two or three years when the owner is losing too much money to pay for a competitive NHL roster!

Meanwhile on our side, the Habs have lost three straight and looked pretty poor at times. Three straight losses isn't ever great, but it's particularly bad this time of year. There's a ton of questions surrounding this game. Can the team regroup and play well at home against what's clearly an inferior opponent? Or will we endure yet another frustrating night? Will Carey Price return? And perhaps most critically... is Bob Cole calling the game?

Guest mrsmarkov

Great GDT :)! Well done 93. I think we're going to have a great game, finally the lines I have been praying for will be played tomorrow night. Can't wait! I haven't lost hope.

Great GDT :)! Well done 93. I think we're going to have a great game, finally the lines I have been praying for will be played tomorrow night. Can't wait! I haven't lost hope.

Thanks. :)

And as an update, it looks like Anderson isn't going to play on Saturday.

Guest mrsmarkov

Thanks. :)

And as an update, it looks like Anderson isn't going to play on Saturday.

Well that's interesting. I totally forgot Anderson got injured, but I thought he'd be able to shake it off come Saturday. That can be a good or bad thing. Good, that Lehner does poorly. Bad, well being the backup he could possibly work even harder and get a shutout so he can play more.

I don't want to jinx it, but that backup philosophy doesn't exactly work for Lehner. Usually backups do great when they get called to play, but lately he's been playing really poorly. In the beginning of the season he was scary...but right now, not so much. Lets hope his time to shine isn't tomorrow night.

Outstanding GDT, 93. You have quite the imagination. :)

Here’s how the lines and defence pairings looked:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Vanek
Briere-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Moen-Prust-Weise
Bourque-White-Parros

Markov-Emelin
Bouillon-Subban
Murray-Tinordi
Weaver

Dave Stubbs and a video of todays practice, and MT's comments about Carey and Vanek. Lars also comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKOxPH338O4#t=42

Great start to the GDT, habs_93! Definitely appreciate and certainly needed the humour.

I don't care who it's called by. I'm just glad Toronto isn't playing so it's actually on CBC (Could be Bob Cole? :rolleyes: ) in my area.

Dang, we need a win.

I actually have a feeling we're going to come out flying in this one. It would be nice to have Carey back but i think we're going to win handily, regardless of who is in nets. I like our forward lines & hopefully sanity prevails & Therrien doesn't go nuts with the defensive pairings as he seems to have been lately.

I actually have a feeling we're going to come out flying in this one. It would be nice to have Carey back but i think we're going to win handily, regardless of who is in nets. I like our forward lines & hopefully sanity prevails & Therrien doesn't go nuts with the defensive pairings as he seems to have been lately.

I got that gut feeling too Jed. We are Waaaaaaaaay ovverdue to put more than 2-3 pucks in the net.

I agree with the sentiment that we're due for a good one... these are the forward lines (well, with the small exception of Bournival or White in for Moen) that I've been hoping for. I think the Eller line is going to be hungry, I think Briere likes playing with Plekanec, and I like the potential of Pacman-Vanek. This has the potential to be a chicken-wing game!

I agree with the sentiment that we're due for a good one... these are the forward lines (well, with the small exception of Bournival or White in for Moen) that I've been hoping for. I think the Eller line is going to be hungry, I think Briere likes playing with Plekanec, and I like the potential of Pacman-Vanek. This has the potential to be a chicken-wing game!

You said "chicken wing game" ,,, hmmmmm ,,,, did you just jinx the game? :P:rolleyes:

Archived