kinot-1

safe_image_zpsc7798744.png

images_zps0ab8947c.jpg

VISIT THE

travel_g_joelouisarena_288_zpsb683d1a6.j

TO TAKE ON THE

Detroit_Redwingsbanner.jpg

STUFF, FLUFF, AND USELESS USEFUL INFORMATION

Today's game will be the third of four season meetings between Montreal and Detroit. The Habs will be looking for their first win at the Joe since November 26 2008. On that night, Carey Price made 32 saves on 33 shots and Tomas Plekanec had the powerplay game-winner in a 3-1 decision.

Closing in on an important milestone is forward Daniel Briere.

His next regular season goal will be his 300th since breaking into the NHL.

Timmeh04, will be in attendance at the game, and it would be a great 33rd Birthday present for SpyvsSpy.
Last 10 GP,,,, Wings 5-4-1,, Habs 6-4-0

Wings home record is 15-11-10,, while the Habs road record is 20-14-2
PK for the Habs 85.6%,, Wings Pk is at 83.%

PP for the Wings 17.9%, while Habs PP is at 18.8%

Expect to see Jimmy Howard (2.68 GAA, 9.11 SV%) in net tonight.
Carey ( 2.36GAA, .925SV%) should play for the Habs

Injury report:
Forward Brandon Prust (rib) is out for the rest of the regular season, forward Dale Wiese (hand) is sidelined for 2-3 weeks, defenseman Josh Gorges (hand surgery) is out for several weeks and forward Travis Moen (concussion-like symptoms) will miss at least a week.
Detroit will be without captain Henrik Zetterberg (back), center Stephen Weiss (hernia), defenseman Jonathan Ericsson (finger fracture), forward Justin Abdelkader (leg laceration), forward Daniel Cleary (knee) and forward Mikael Samuelsson (shoulder). Datsyuk (knee) will likely miss the game but is nearing a return.
This will be a hard-fought game with the Habs wanting to solidify 3rd place in the EC,
while the Wings want to ensure a wildcard spot or better.
Confirmed line-ups, and any other changes or information
will be forthcoming.
BEARSGONEBAD2_zpsf5b8f716.jpg
kinot-1's GDT record, 17-9-1

I'll be at the game, can't wait! The atmosphere at the Joe for Habs/Wings is pretty awesome, usually about a 50/50 split in terms of the fan base.

Enjoy the Habs victory (I hope) BCH.

Great GDT as usual kinot. I've seen those giraffes before but they're usually dancing. Hopefully the two vets show the new recruit how it's done tonight.

This should not be a tough game to get up for. The boys surely realize the Wings are playing for their lives and should come out flying tonight. Only bad thing about this matchup will be all the Leaf fans cheering for our boys. Makes me want to throw up.

This should not be a tough game to get up for. The boys surely realize the Wings are playing for their lives and should come out flying tonight. Only bad thing about this matchup will be all the Leaf fans cheering for our boys. Makes me want to throw up.

Must make them want to throw up too. :lol:

Leaf fans are always putting down Price's abilities. They hate what he brings to our team so much, that they say Budaj is a better goalie in an attempt to upset us. Maybe we should offer to play him against the Wings tonight and see what they have to say then? :lol: :lol:

I for one will not be upset to see us win this game in OT. The best of both worlds in my book. Two for us, and a point for the Wings, just to make them sweat a little more. :D

I debated whether to put this in the Good laugh thread, or the laffs thread (are they one and the same? :rolleyes: ),,, but since we're having some fun with the laffs, here's where it goes. From a tweet/link from Arron Ward: "Perhaps a little premature,but who am I to question Walmart? "

walmarttojerseys_zps376edd78.jpg

Leaf fans are always putting down Price's abilities. They hate what he brings to our team so much, that they say Budaj is a better goalie in an attempt to upset us. Maybe we should offer to play him against the Wings tonight and see what they have to say then? :lol: :lol:

I for one will not be upset to see us win this game in OT. The best of both worlds in my book. Two for us, and a point for the Wings, just to make them sweat a little more. :D

Habs winning in OT would be just pure gold!

I was going to go to this game, but I had an exam scheduled this evening until 7:30 :(

Oh well, that just means I get to watch the final 2/3 of our victory over some nice beer with a bunch of my Wings-fans neighbors.

Too bad you couldn't go to the game 2009, and maybe, if you catch the last 2 periods, you just might be sitting by yourself, if we are winning. :D

Here’s how the lines and defence pairings are expected to look against the Wings:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Vanek

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher

Bourque-Briere-Gionta

Bournival-Eller-White

Markov-Emelin

Bouillon-Subban

Weaver-Tinordi

Carey

So apparently, if the habs win tonight, they clinch a playoff spot.

According to sportsclubstats. I'm not sure whether we can rely on the site, but that's what it's saying.

Check it out for yourselves:

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic/Montreal.html

Hmmm I'm not getting from this that we clench if we win. At this moment in time it looks like 95 points clenches us. Look at all the graphs below that show how we can do over the next 8 games and what our chances would be. If we went 1-7-0 for example, we'd have a 84.8% of making it. I think we'll be stuck at 99.9% chances if we win tonight.

Hmmm I'm not getting from this that we clench if we win. At this moment in time it looks like 95 points clenches us. Look at all the graphs below that show how we can do over the next 8 games and what our chances would be. If we went 1-7-0 for example, we'd have a 84.8% of making it. I think we'll be stuck at 99.9% chances if we win tonight.

Yeah, but if you take your mouse, and rest it on "Away" in the "if winner is" section of tonight, it says the playoff chances increase by 0.2% if the habs win. :P

It's probably a mistake though.

So apparently, if the habs win tonight, they clinch a playoff spot.

According to sportsclubstats. I'm not sure whether we can rely on the site, but that's what it's saying.

Check it out for yourselves:

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic/Montreal.html

Yeah, but if you take your mouse, and rest it on "Away" in the "if winner is" section of tonight, it says the playoff chances increase by 0.2% if the habs win. :P

It's probably a mistake though.

We need 98 points to clinch at present. If you look down the standings, where it says "in" means we would clinch in that scenario. The lowest point total at which all possible scenarios for point accumulation leave us "in" is 98. I see what you're saying about 99.8% being improved by +0.2% but even where it says "100%" isn't really a clinch. That just means that in 100% of simulations for the rest of the season, we come out making the playoffs. However, that isn't a scientific guarantee. It's a little bit confusing how they denote that, but the %'s are really just a most likely scenario type of thing and "in" is what you really need to be looking at as a statistical assurance.

Archived