The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Poll of the Week - April 22

BigTed3

Round 2  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer to play in the second round?

• Boston
    • Detroit
    • I don't care one way or the other

I'd like to take it to Boston. Victory against them would be vindication for their goon style of hockey,,, however,,,, i like our chances against Detroit better and most likely we would come out of that series healthier.

I'd like to take it to Boston. Victory against them would be vindication for their goon style of hockey,,, however,,,, i like our chances against Detroit better and most likely we would come out of that series healthier.

Same here, I did take the ruins tho. Would like nothing better than to take them down.

Boston for me. I think of the Detroit team the same as Tampa, in that, they seem like a "nice" team. It's hard to get a good hate on. When we play nice teams I feel like the intensity just isn't there for me, unless it's against a good hated team. It would just make for entertainment to knock out Boston. Yes, winning is good, but the journey should be a memorable one.

While my heart says Detroit, my brain says Boston. I posted elsewhere that going up against Boston would be a proving ground for these guys. If they can get through the Bruins, they can get through any of these teams in the West. That's my reasoning.

That being said, I think Detroit would be the "easier" series. They're not looking too hot right now.

While my heart says Detroit, my brain says Boston. I posted elsewhere that going up against Boston would be a proving ground for these guys. If they can get through the Bruins, they can get through any of these teams in the West. That's my reasoning.

That being said, I think Detroit would be the "easier" series. They're not looking too hot right now.

I'm of the opinion that th East team might not have it so bad in the final once all the Western teams are doing destroying one another. I'd rather avoid Boston since they'll probably still be feeling "fresh" after the Detroit series. I'm praying Detroit can upset them!

Boston would definitely be a more intense and emotional series. Even though Detroit's in our division, we really have no rivalry with them. That being said, I'm not choosing an opponent based on how great a rivalry it would be. I want to pick the team that gives us the best chance to win, move on for the Cup, and is less likely to leave us physically drained or injured going into the next series. That team is Detroit. While I do think we play Boston well, getting the Bruins means we start on the road and play in a city where home ice advantage means more than it does in Tampa. I'm also more afraid of Rask being able to steal a victory or two than I am of Jimmy Howard doing the same, even though he's not a slouch either. I'd love to beat Boston more than I care about beating Detroit, but being realistic, Detroit is the lesser of two evils and gives us the best chance of winning not only Round 2 but of being in decent enough shape physically and emotionally to win Round 3 as well.

Guest mrsmarkov

Well we're officially playing the Bruins and it's what I wanted. We understand what the Bruins are all about and I just think the Wings are too unpredictable..that can be scary. I'm not scared of the Bruins, we can beat them. The only thing I'm scared of is losing some of our players because of injury. Don't all bite my head off now..but I think Budaj should play in goal for us against the Bruins. I'd play him for all the games and just let Carey rest up for the third round :ph34r:. But in all seriousness, I'd take Budaj at least playing the Bruins home games. I honestly think it's the smart thing to do. We shouldn't be so concerned about feelings. We want to win, so lets be realistic. Put the Bruin killer in net! The Bruins would be shocked and they'd probably find it hilarious...that's the exact attitude I want from them. Can you imagine if we beat them with our back-up? Imagine how their egos are going to be :lol:.

Guest Regis2

Montreal will need Price to up his game if they want to beat Boston

It's going to be very physical , at least from the Bruins side and there won't be an AHL goalie in the Bruins net ( like Tampa had )

Archived