The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #3 Tuesday May 6th 2014 Bruins @ Canadiens 7:00PM CBC, RDS, NBCSN, TSN 690

Forza-Montreal

Saying its a "big game" is an understatement. I think this game may hold the key to the series. I think we have a good chance to take it & Im looking to Price to lead the way. A lot has been made of a "meltdown" or the bruins figuring out price but look at those 3rd period goals again: at least 2 were very lucky bounces.

4-1 Habs tonight.

Love the GDT, Forza,,,,,,,,,,,and especially love your GDT vs the ruins, record. Let's keep it going. :)

Thanks Kinot-1 fingers are crossed, knock on wood, my last playoff Habs-Bruins GDT was Game 6 of the 2011 Playoffs and we all remember how that went ;)

Thanks for the GDT Forza.

Bourque is taking part in the optional skate this morning.

Your Welcome HRF !! Any time sir!

Very good..thanks for the GDT! Now if our boys can play as good as this GDT did in its effectiveness! Go Habs! :D:D

Whew! I thought there for a moment you were going to say Gally was going to sing.....Happy Birthday or something as the pre-game entertainment :blink::P

John Lu:

Potential lineup changes will be revealed during pre-game warmup.

Brendan Gallagher celebrates his 22nd birthday Tuesday. Ginette Reno is scheduled to sing the national anthem before Tuesday’s game.

The Peel & Rooney Show tonight at 7 Eastern on CBC.

Tim Peel #20

•Record:
•Regular Season: BOS 4-3, MTL 3-0
•Playoffs: BOS 0-0, MTL 1-0
•Minor penalties per game: 3.4 reg season, 3.7 playoffs
•PIM per game: 11.3 reg season, 9.5 playoffs
•Home vs. Road
•Reg season: 20.7% more minors on road team
•Playoffs: Even (2.6 % more minors on home team)
•Home win %: 56.1% reg season, 50.0% playoffs (3-3)
•Power Play vs. Penalty Kill Differential
•BOS: N/A
•MTL: +2 (2 more PP than PK)
•Average minors by team (reg season):
•BOS 2.0, Opponents 1.4 (32.1% more on BOS)
•Playoffs – BOS: N/A
•MTL 1.2, Opponents 1.8 (57.1% more on Opp)
•Playoff: MTL 4.0, Opp 5.0 (25.0% more on Opp)

Chris Rooney #5

•Record:
•Regular Season: BOS 3-3, MTL 6-1
•Playoffs: BOS 0-0, MTL 1-0
•Minor penalties per game: 4.1 reg season, 3.7 playoffs
•PIM per game: 13.0 reg season, 9.5 playoffs
•Home vs. Road
•Reg season: 14.4% more minors on road team
•Playoffs: Even (2.6 % more minors on home team)
•Home win %: 63.0% reg season, 50.0% playoffs (3-3)
•Power Play vs. Penalty Kill Differential
•BOS: N/A
•MTL: +2 (2 more PP than PK)
•Average minors by team (reg season):
•BOS 1.8, Opponents 2.0 (14.3% more on Opp)
•Playoffs – BOS: N/A
•MTL 2.5, Opponents 2.4 (5.7% more on MTL)
•Playoffs – MTL 4.0, Opp 5.0 (25.0% more on

I don't think i would have a huge issue trying out Murray in lieu of Soupy tonight. As long as they both aren't penciled in i can see the reasoning behind it. A big body to move out Chara on the Bruin PP could be the answer. If used sparingly in a 3rd pairing role hopefully he plays within his limitations and doesn't hurt us. I would prefer to give that assignment to Tinordi but i doubt we see the kids unless we have injury problems.

I don't think i would have a huge issue trying out Murray in lieu of Soupy tonight. As long as they both aren't penciled in

100% for me too. As Ive said a zillion times, would rather have weaver-tinordi or weaver-beau as our third pairing but beggars cant be choosers. as long as its one or the other (not both) - and most importantly, their time is managed - then im ok with murray or cube.

Looks like the only game time decision is whether it's Moen, White, or Prust in that last forward spot... lines would indicate Moen has the edge, but I'm pulling for White to get in there.

I think the Habs are going to be energized and get off to a fast start tonight, and I think the key to the game is going to be whether we can score 1 or 2 during that first wave of early pressure. If we can set the tone that way, I think we'll come out on top. If we struggle to beat Rask, it'll allow Boston back into the game. I'd like to believe the Habs don't blow a lead if they can take one into the 3rd period this time. I like the chances of Markov stepping up, especially on the PP tonight and I think Pacioretty finally breaks through onto the scoreboard in this series. My guess is 4-2 Habs...

There are tons of videos of the Bruins diving, frankly because they're the worst offenders in the league AND the team that complains most about other teams doing it, which makes them the biggest hypocrites in the league as well. I'd vote Marchand the biggest diver and probably the biggest hypocrite, although Julien is up there in terms of his whining as well.

There are tons of videos of the Bruins diving, frankly because they're the worst offenders in the league AND the team that complains most about other teams doing it, which makes them the biggest hypocrites in the league as well. I'd vote Marchand the biggest diver and probably the biggest hypocrite, although Julien is up there in terms of his whining as well.

Ya, don't see any vids on the Habs diving. Wonder why that is, if as the ruins claim,,,,, we're divers? <_<:rolleyes:

Every team in the league dives. Some more than others.

The Bruins are no exception. No matter what they believe.

I'm sure Montreal has some players who embellish sometimes, as well.

Sure, everyone does it. I still believe the Bruins do it more than anyone else and that they publicly complain about other teams more than anyone else.

Archived