The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2014 IIHF Worlds

Guest mrsmarkov

Guest mrsmarkov

2014_iihf_world_championship.png

I'm not sure how many people are actually watching Worlds, but if you are you can chat about it here. I enjoy watching Worlds to see my favourite players that aren't currently in the post season. Happy hockey watching everyone :)!

Today I watched the Russia, Canada and Czech game. Canada losing was unfortunate...but Huet is my buddy so if anyone is going to take a game from us, then it best be him. Easier to stomach you can say :lol:. I'm Swiss, but I don't care...the Russia game would have been a win win for me because all of my favourite players are basically Russian...not sure how that happened..congrats on the shutout BOB! Oh and Jagr scored that was great!! :D

Guest mrsmarkov

Pekka Rinne to get the start in goal for Finland later on today. Can't wait!

Missed the game totally. I see the curse of Reimer lives on.

Let's see is our other tender fairs better.

Go Canada.

Ya I don't understand why Reimer was even chosen....like was no one else available? I find that hard to believe.

Nobody tell hdidou.

Ya what is up with that? Is he from France or something along those lines?

Guest mrsmarkov

I see no one is here watching the Finland game..I guess I'm the only one :P. Currently 2-1 Finns :)! Finland currently on a PP!

Guest mrsmarkov

Second intermission. Latvian's are going to the start the 3rd with a PP. It's hard not to have respect for team Latvia.

Nobody tell hdidou.

What? Something happened? :P

Pekka Rinne to get the start in goal for Finland later on today. Can't wait!

Ya I don't understand why Reimer was even chosen....like was no one else available? I find that hard to believe.

Ya what is up with that? Is he from France or something along those lines?

For Reimer, Canada is playing tonight and the coach has decided to play with two goalies. He thought that it would be an easy game (in our last games, Canada had beaten France easily)

Oh and yes, I'm French (and you can see it here: http://fans.canadiens.nhl.com/community/topic/28069-mondial-2014/ :P

Guest mrsmarkov

What? Something happened? :P

For Reimer, Canada is playing tonight and the coach has decided to play with two goalies. He thought that it would be an easy game (in our last games, Canada had beaten France easily)

Oh and yes, I'm French (and you can see it here: http://fans.canadiens.nhl.com/community/topic/28069-mondial-2014/ :P

Easy game? Ya maybe if Huet wasn't in net :lol:.

Well fine fine have your team France. My dad is on your side rooting for the Frenchies.

Darn...2-2 Latvia..

Some chick just threw off her Finland jersey and threw it over. Classy <_<.

Guest mrsmarkov

Omg PPG for Latvia...it's now 3-2 Latvia.

Easy game? Ya maybe if Huet wasn't in net :lol:.

Well fine fine have your team France. My dad is on your side rooting for the Frenchies.

Darn...2-2 Latvia..

Some chick just threw off her Finland jersey and threw it over. Classy <_<.

Not sure why I said it was in Latvia's favor there haha just ignore that :P.

Guest mrsmarkov

I'm not sure which language the announcers are speaking on the live stream I'm watching of this game. All I have to say is that it sounds like an auctioneer.

Latvia wins 3-2. Good game boys!

Guest mrsmarkov

The Canada game was fun..especially scoring two goals in like 50 something seconds in the last few minutes of the third. I feel for the Swiss, I felt like they were going to come through. Tough break.

Guest mrsmarkov

I see no one watches Worlds :P. I guess I'm here watching the Russia game all alone :lol:.

Lets go Bobrovsky!!!

4-2 Russia at the moment :D.

Guest mrsmarkov

I'm also watching the Czech game at the same time :lol:. I just noticed that and forgot to mention it :P. Jagr still looks and plays like he's 20. I'm so glad he will still be playing next season.

Czech game going to shootout!

Guest mrsmarkov

Nygren had an assist in Sweden's 4-3 win.

Woo hoo, that a boy! I don't like Sweden, but I will take it if it gets him some points!

Guest mrsmarkov

I know I'm late on the Russia/USA game, but when I watched it I almost had a heart attack because BOB wasn't in it. I mean it's USA here....but damn that backup who is just a kid and I believe plays for the Hershey's was just solid.

Guest mrsmarkov

I know I'm late on the Russia/USA game, but when I watched it I almost had a heart attack because BOB wasn't in it. I mean it's USA here....but damn that backup who is just a kid and I believe plays for the Hershey's was just solid.

I don't know where I got the idea of him playing for the Hershey's..just ignore that :lol:. I just thought about it and it wouldn't make sense since he belongs to the Bolts. But he's just 19 years young and made 39 saves against the Americans. Well done kiddo!

Guest mrsmarkov

Dmitri Orlov from team Russia will not be playing anymore games due to breaking his arm in the game against USA. Get better buddy and I hope you don't need surgery :(. He will travel back to America and will see a doctor in Washington or NY.

Aw Sergei Kostitsyn is doing pretty good. 3 goals and 1 assist in 3 games. Miss ya bud!

Guest mrsmarkov

I watched the Russia game today it was great..shocked that BOB didn't get a shutout though...darn.

I love how selfless Ovi is . He always rushes to retrieve the puck when a player scores his first goal, I love the guy. Hard not to.

The Russia goal that was disallowed was complete and utter bologna. I guess it doesn't matter which country you're in, all refs make bad calls. In this case, a horrible call! Even a blind man would known that it was a good goal. Refs.............

Guest mrsmarkov

As much as it's great and all that Canada scored a bunch of goals yesterday and today...I'm just not impressed with how they start games. In the beginning of the game we looked like slackers..I couldn't figure out at first whether Italy was good or if we were slacking or both....I mean it's clear to me now what the answer is...but why such poor starts? Italy completely took control during the start of the game.

Archived