The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #5 ~ Canadiens @ Bruins. Saturday, May 10th, 2014.

Clues

If Murray plays, I can see us losing 4-1. Julien will take advantage of last change if Murray is out there.

I'm not even a huge fan of Bouillon but he's a lot more capable than Murray. If Murray plays, we won't win the series. If Bouillon plays, we have a shot. If Beaulieu plays, I think we have the advantage.

I'm not even a huge fan of Bouillon but he's a lot more capable than Murray. If Murray plays, we won't win the series. If Bouillon plays, we have a shot. If Beaulieu plays, I think we have the advantage.

You're hired.

Losing this series is going to make game 2 hurt all that much more. But knowing that we didn't ice the best possible team, that will be worse.

I agree! The Habs need all the advantages they can make use of... then again, there is Therrien.

Guest mrsmarkov

I had all the confidence in the world that the Habs would win this series...I don't even know what I'm feeling with Murray in...actually I do, but I just don't want to say it out loud. Bring back Franky Boo!!

Zebras du jour: Eric Furlatt and Wes McCauley (Standby Official: Chris Lee)

http://scoutingtherefs.com/2014/05/3303/tonights-nhl-playoff-referees-5101

Furlatt and McCauley are both decent (hopefully neither gets hurt), but I would have said the same about Kozari and Watson before last game. They completely catered to the Bruins style of play and not calling any of the clutching, grabbing, or hitting from behind. If the refs continue to follow that sort of directive and ignore the rulebook, it won't matter who's reffing. Obstruction and disturbing the flow of the game were supposed to be taken out after the last lockout, but it seems like we've gone right back to the way things were 10-15 years ago.

Furlatt and McCauley are both decent (hopefully neither gets hurt), but I would have said the same about Kozari and Watson before last game. They completely catered to the Bruins style of play and not calling any of the clutching, grabbing, or hitting from behind. If the refs continue to follow that sort of directive and ignore the rulebook, it won't matter who's reffing. Obstruction and disturbing the flow of the game were supposed to be taken out after the last lockout, but it seems like we've gone right back to the way things were 10-15 years ago.

Great job on the GDT Clues, :)

From TSN:

Bruins coach Claude Julien gave the on-ice officials a thumbs-up Saturday.
"I have no complaints about the refereeing in this series," he said ahead of Game 5. "I think they've done a wonderful job in letting both teams play. And at the end of the night, for the most part, the better team's won."
Told that Julien thought the officials were doing a wonderful job, Montreal coach Michel Therrien roared with laughter.
"I'm sure he said that," he added between chuckles.
Asked for his thoughts on the officials, Therrien smiled and said: "They're doing a great job."
:lol::lol:

From TSN:

"I have no complaints about the refereeing in this series," he said ahead of Game 5. "I think they've done a wonderful job in letting both teams play. And at the end of the night, for the most part, the better team's won."
Told that Julien thought the officials were doing a wonderful job, Montreal coach Michel Therrien roared with laughter.
Asked for his thoughts on the officials, Therrien smiled and said: "They're doing a great job."

Bahaha

Yeah, cause the series is 2 wins Refs, 2 wins MTL

Guest mrsmarkov

Currently doing so many Hail Mary's that there's a miracle and Murray wont be in the lineup.

From TSN:

Oh gosh :lol:. I'm glad Julien said that, it will only make the Habs play even harder tonight. They always make them pay for their words.

Archived