DjxHZ8p.gif?1

Previous Results:

Game 1: BOS 3 - MTL 4 (2OT)

Game 2: MTL 3 - BOS 5

Game 3: BOS 2 - MTL 4

Game 4: MTL 0 - BOS 1 (OT)

Game 5: MTL 2 - BOS 4

Game 6: BOS 0 - MTL 4

Well, here we are. Game 7. Best of 1. Winner take all. Insert more cliches here.

When I got assigned this game, I really didn't know what to expect, or what to plan. I thought I might do a video, but my creativity kinda failed me. Much like the Tampa GDT I did, I also considered doing a "mock the other team" thing, this time with a theme of Boston sports chokes. And believe me, I had some material to work with. But we won that game after I only made a few mild references, so... Behind the bag! 3-0 lead! Too many men! Bucky Dent! Perfect season! Joel Ward!

Ahem.

Taking a look back at Game 6 produces a mixed impression. It was one of the best, most dominant postseason performances by this team in a long while. The insertion of Nathan Beaulieu appeared critical. His contributions were significant in their own right, but it was also addition by subtraction; there weren't any glaring holes in the D pairs. Four lines were rolled. Carey Price stood tall. But it still got ugly at times. At one point, we were hemmed in our zone for three straight minutes. And Boston didn't exactly look passive and easy to contain. Can we build off that win and persevere through what could possibly be the toughest and most important game this team's played in two decades? How ugly will Boston get? How intolerable will Pierre McGuire be to the poor, unfortunate Habs fans living in the States? Will I crack and post a video clip of the golden 17 seconds from last year's cup final?

No, perhaps not. I'll shelve the sarcasm and potential jinxing for a little while. I think we should focus a bit on ourselves and our team. No matter how the game goes, we've got a lot to be proud of and happy about. How about this guy, for instance?

vI3MlTR.jpg

Consistently one of the most underrated players in the NHL, Tomáš Plekanec is a treasure. And we should remember him more often. Maybe he's not quite the caliber to earn a Selke win, but it's just sheer bad luck he's missed out on a nomination, playing in the same era as Pavel Datsyuk, Anže Kopitar, Jonathan Toews, and our opponent this series—Patrice Bergeron. I don't think Tomáš or any of us would mind having Kopitar or Toews as an opponent before this season ends.

There's also the great internet-based fan sphere and independent media that's sprouted up around the team. With a selection of high-quality blogs, twitter feeds, podcasts, and our very own forum, about the only time you absolutely have to subject yourself to the clowns at CBC and TSN is when you're actually watching the game. Admiration of an intensity rarely seen will belong to whoever invents a way to automatically mute Garry Galley.

Or the amazingly talented fans of the team that make things like this:

So, let's all be happy and enjoy the game together. There's no place I'd rather be. The beer's cheaper, the chairs are more comfortable, and the chances of getting sprayed by Shawn Thornton are significantly lower.

GO HABS GO!

You know, I have always kind of liked Don Cherry. But he is getting much less enjoyable and entertaining the last year or so...especially when it comes to his beloved Boston Goons. He is such a homer,it's an embarrassment to an already embarrassing CBC hockey staff-and (just wait til Strombopolous gets on there- yuck). Anyway, last night after the game, when Grapes was yakking about Markov pulling Chara's skate out a little bit....(something like the Goons do after just about every play). But then he starts on about-"why would Markov do that?-you don't poke the bear,yadayada"- - Well, I think it was actually pretty smart of Andrei, the way he provoked the mutant, and then skated away....obviously hoping that big, bad Z would retaliate, and possibly get a hefty penalty,maybe even a misconduct. Can you imagine what a dither that would throw the Goons into for game 7?

I'm pretty sure everyone else here would agree with me in wishing that the Habs will duplicate that exact same style of game tomorrow night in Boston's barn.

Guest habs1952

I've always liked Jackson, as much as you can like a ref anyway

I'm pretty sure Jackson and O'Rourke reffed the game where Tampa got 9 minors called on them. If I had my picks to ref game 7 I think these are the two I would have picked, or else one of these two along with Sutherland. I'm not saying they'll favor the Habs but I think they adhere closer to the rule book than most officials.

Habs will have home ice in Round 3 :D

Great GDT Habs 93...small guys will do it again tomorrow night like they did last night and have done it the 50 years or so since I have been a fan of the good guys..the good boys! :lol: Go Habs!

Dave Jackson & Dan O'Rourke. are reported to be the refs.

Have they been told yet? :D

Terrific GDT, 93, Keep them coming. :)

The pressure is all on them. Tops in the league,,,, at home,,, show for the fans (goonsmanship,,, is that a word?), expected to win. Us,,,we're the underdogs,,,,,,,,, no one expected us to get this far,,,,we've won in their barn,,, no show,,,just loosey-goosey,,, if we lose,,, we still did pretty good to get this far. If we win, GREAT!!!!! :):):) , and in their barn too. :) SWEETER!!!! :lol:

A little OT, but every GD, I listen to TSN 690. Apparently Tony Marinaro is on record as having predicted the winner and the score of every game in this series. Yesterday fans called in and said that he is good luck, and that he should go to boston, but with the cost of tickets,, transportation, accommodation etc. it would be tight. A restaurateur, stepped up and said he would cover the costs as Tony is a good luck charm. Tony has a white jersey that he had blessed and will wear it at the barn. He had a red jersey blessed for game 6. Today Tony is doing his show from boston.

BTW,,, his prediction,,,, 2-1 Habs :)

A little OT, but every GD, I listen to TSN 690. Apparently Tony Marinaro is on record as having predicted the winner and the score of every game in this series. Yesterday fans called in and said that he is good luck, and that he should go to boston, but with the cost of tickets,, transportation, accommodation etc. it would be tight. A restaurateur, stepped up and said he would cover the costs as Tony is a good luck charm. Tony has a white jersey that he had blessed and will wear it at the barn. He had a red jersey blessed for game 6. Today Tony is doing his show from boston.

BTW,,, his prediction,,,, 2-1 Habs :)

They should send me too. I've never seen them lose in person. :lol: :lol:

How many games have you been to? :rolleyes:

Same here,,, 6 games in person in 3 venues and either wins or ties. :)

I'm 2-0, can I come? As a bonus, one was even against Boston

I'm just slightly better,,, 11 and 0. :)

Interesting that in the last GDT, two people said the "S" word prematurely, and it didn't mean SQUAT! So much for being superstitious.

Also interesting that the home team lost both elimination games yesterday. GO ROAD TEAM!

Therefore, it will be of great interest who scores the first goal. If the Habs get it, GAME OVER! But if Booston gets it, then....time for another superstition to DIE!!

Now.....did Tony Marinaro really predict the winner and the winning score for every game in the series? I'll have to check on that.....

Speaking of checks.....

Habs sweater.....check

Angry Orchards in the cooler......check

Bananas on the ready......check

Corny jokes with accompanying siss-boom-bahs.....double check

Spoilers..............

CHECK!!

nelson-muntz-haw-haw_zps5fa496b2.jpgexploding-homer_zpsacbb2edf.gif

Interesting that in the last GDT, two people said the "S" word prematurely, and it didn't mean SQUAT! So much for being superstitious.

Also interesting that the home team lost both elimination games yesterday. GO ROAD TEAM!

Therefore, it will be of great interest who scores the first goal. If the Habs get it, GAME OVER! But if Booston gets it, then....time for another superstition to DIE!!

Now.....did Tony Marinaro really predict the winner and the winning score for every game in the series? I'll have to check on that.....

Speaking of checks.....

Habs sweater.....check

Angry Orchards in the cooler......check

Bananas on the ready......check

Corny jokes with accompanying siss-boom-bahs.....double check

Spoilers..............

CHECK!!

nelson-muntz-haw-haw_zps5fa496b2.jpgexploding-homer_zpsacbb2edf.gif

I hope to see a lot of bananas in this thread tonight!

We need to be physical right out of the gate and send them a message.

At no point tonight should we be playing on our heels

Archived