The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Series Thread: Round 3 vs. the NY Rangers

BigTed3

38 members have voted

1. 1. What will it be?

Since yesterday, video has now surfaced of Kreider taking runs at the legs of Fleury, Rask, Anderson, and now Price... also video of him taking a cheapshot at Scottie Upshall of the Panthers. As Prust said today, it was a hit that was "accidentally on purpose." Obviously, a guy can't just run the goalie without getting into the right situation, but Kreider saw a window to take a shot at the goalie and he seized that opportunity. As I said before, the falling motion was not natural and it was not caused by Emelin int he back (which would have caused him to fall forward, head-first instead of skate-first)... to me, this is a player who has a clear history of cheap shots on other teams' goalies and he did it again last game. After the Lucic hit on Miller, the NHL claimed it was going to crack down on hits on goaltenders and that players would be suspended if they were deemed to have hit the goalie on purpose. Kreider's record suggests he's at the very least going in without any thought of the goalie's well-being and possibly with deliberate intent to injure. If a player can be suspended for accidentally hitting someone in the head or hitting someone from behind, then deliberately falling into the goalie should be suspendable as well. There's enough evidence there to suggest this wasn't just a guy who lost an edge or who got tripped in. Dirty play, dirty player.

I wouldn't rush Price... (that must sound crazy!) What I mean is if missing one game would significantly improve his physical condition, I wouldn't even dress him. Why? We need Price at near 100% or we can't win. Better to no have him at all for ONE game then to have him him at 80% for 3+ games.

IF Price doesn't play, I'd start Tokarski and not Budaj... I think we can win ONE game with either one of them. I think we WILL win game 2. This team can do it! GO HABS!

I believe Game 2 will be an indicator whether Habs are still in this series. If they can't solve Rangers speed and lose again, then I think the cinderella run is over.

If Price is out, the game is over faster. If the team is 2-0 down in the series, don't be surprised Habs could be swept.

I don't think we have the luxury of holding back Price if he can play close to his normal. If we go back to NY down 2-0, that's a huge hole to climb out of... basically means we'd have to steal both back at MSG. If we win tonight, then we really only have to win 1 of 2 in NY to come back home with home ice advantage. Big difference.

Price not at practice this morning, but it was an optional skate and not surprised. He's obviously hurt, so Habs didn't put him through a work-out. Of the other goalies, Budaj left first, indicating he'd be the choice to play if Price can't go.

Price is out - this thing could be over in 4

Confirmed on pretty much every major sporting news website. Done for the series.

We're cooked. There's very little chance of Budaj or Tokarski winning this series for us. Well, it was a good run while it lasted. Kreider took a chance to take a cheap shot on our goaltender, got away with it, and now it's going to cause us to be eliminated from the play-offs.

If we get down 3 games to none now ... and I doubt the habs would ever do this ... we should load our line up with every goon/tough guy we have in the organization and just go out for blood.

Despicable that a player can take such a flagrant run at a goalie and not get called at all.

With Price out for the series, and hopefully ONLY this series, the boys need to take every game like it's the 7th game of the cup finals.

They can't have any emotional or mental lapses. They must dictate the play for the entire 60 mins of every game going forward.

Tonight more so than any other playoff game ... lose tonight, and I'm confident the Habs get swept.

Guest habs1952

Confirmed on pretty much every major sporting news website. Done for the series.

We're cooked. There's very little chance of Budaj or Tokarski winning this series for us. Well, it was a good run while it lasted. Kreider took a chance to take a cheap shot on our goaltender, got away with it, and now it's going to cause us to be eliminated from the play-offs.

I'll wait for the games to be played before I say the Habs are done.

I believe Game 2 will be an indicator whether Habs are still in this series. If they can't solve Rangers speed and lose again, then I think the cinderella run is over.

If Price is out, the game is over faster. If the team is 2-0 down in the series, don't be surprised Habs could be swept.

That's not to mention adjusting to their strategy and tactics. This is what they need to do if they want "avenge" Price instead of putting out some kind of hit on the Rangers.

This is a penalty in the NHL:

This is not:

I suppose the message is clear: Don't try to build a team around an elite goaltender, because you're allowed to take them out at your earliest convenience.

Also, anyone still trying to provide even a slight defence of this piece of trash should watch that a few times and kindly enter reality.

Well, it was a good run while it lasted.

The series is over. So much for the cup run.

Regardless, we can proud of the team for progressing so far in this playoffs despite the impending exit. :) Remember, this team was bottom of the Conference just 2 seasons ago.

In truth, this team was never a bona fide Cup contender this season. Even if we got to the Cup Finals, I'm objectively sure the team would be dismantled by either Western Conference contender. Rangers will soon find out for themselves the hard way :P .

What's important is to deliver such playoff performances on a consistent basis. Take one step at a time. Forget the Cup. Target making the Conference Finals on a regular basis. If this team (and hopefully reinforced prior to next season) can do that, the Cup will come eventually.

The moral of this playoffs is: keep the big mouth shut :rolleyes: . See the irony of PK mouthing off about getting respect. Well now you meet an opponent who shows you FULL RESPECT: no goonery, no mockery and no trash talking to the media. And we're still getting beaten with no way to respond.

A week after we beat the Bruins and spent the whole series complaining about how dirty they are and how their fanbase are bloodthirsty thugs, I saw multiple posts calling for someone to run Lundqvist and for Prust to go after Kreider.

It's embarrassing.

5/20/14 To Mr. Michel Therrien,
Your “HABS” played an admirable game last night. I was taken aback, by them losing the game. Your selecting Dustin Tokarski to take Carey Price’s goaltender position was excellent. However, I feel, Peter Budaj should be in net as he surely has proven his worth guarding the pipes in away games during the regular season. The NY Rangers will have to practice getting the puck in the net, as both goalies have a different style of defending the “HABS” net. Go “HABS” Go! Louie DePuydt

Archived