The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Poll of the Week - May 15

BigTed3

The Cup  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you consider to be the favorite for the Cup right now?

• Montreal Canadiens
    • New York Rangers
    • Chicago Blackhawks
    • Anaheim Ducks or LA Kings

There are five teams still alive. Three are already in the conference finals, but the two that are trying to qualify are very capable squads as well. Anyone can win, but if you were going to place a bet on a winner today, where would you be putting your money?

I think there's no question as to is the favorite. We took on the Bolts and the ruins, after they had home ice. We're getting better all the time, and with our health, and depth, we should go a lonnnnnnng way. eight more wins,,,and it's ours. :):):)

No disrespect intended Ted but for me that's a silly question. :lol:

I want us to win. I think we can win. That doesn't mean I think we have the best shot at winning. We're in theory the favorites in our semifinal, but we took out two teams ahead of us in the standings and the Rangers did the same to Pittsburgh, so there's nothing to say we can't be taken out in an "upset" just as easily. I know all our hearts will say "Habs" but we're asking you if your head says the same thing.

Guest habs1952

I want us to win. I think we can win. That doesn't mean I think we have the best shot at winning. We're in theory the favorites in our semifinal, but we took out two teams ahead of us in the standings and the Rangers did the same to Pittsburgh, so there's nothing to say we can't be taken out in an "upset" just as easily. I know all our hearts will say "Habs" but we're asking you if your head says the same thing.

YEP! :lol:

Well, my head says YESSSS we can do it. I really think (with my head) that we can do it with the players we have. The only caveat is that "if" Carey, and or Pk gets injured then it might be a tough road.

I think the Habs are on a role & with the team & Price playing a complete team game we have the edge for sure.

Price is in the zone & the team have all the confidence in the world in their goalie.

Habs will take the Rangers in 5. I only say this due to respect to Lunquist as a premier goalie.

Go Habs Go !!!

Chicago is just the best team out there. Really starting to look like a dynasty. Can we take them? Sure. But we would still be underdogs, just like we were against the Bruins.

Agreed.

The oddsmakers factor in a few things (ie LA and ANaheim have low odds because they are both still in the second round - tomorrow, whoever wins, will have way better odds).

In our case we are the (slight from what I can tell) favourites to win this round, meaning we should be one of the final 2 so you have to give us better odds than NY or either Anaheim or LA (who are both the underdogs vs. Chicago).

IMHO Chicago makes the finals & is the favourite no matter who they play - BUT - we can beat them. Doesnt mean we will, or we wont, but one game at a time.

I have a feeling the last 4 will be the toughest games to win but for now, lets focus on wins 9 -12.

Guest mrsmarkov

YEP! :lol:

YEP AS WELL!

I think the Habs are on a role & with the team & Price playing a complete team game we have the edge for sure.

Price is in the zone & the team have all the confidence in the world in their goalie.

Habs will take the Rangers in 5. I only say this due to respect to Lunquist as a premier goalie.

Go Habs Go !!!

Same!

LA Kings looking good to move on and looking strong too. They'd move to 6-0 in elimination games. They're going to be a tough out, even for Chicago. I think no matter who comes out of the West is going to be the favorite going into the Cup finals... for us, LA is a tougher choice because of their style of play but we'd have home ice against them, I believe. That being said, I'm not sure Chicago's going to be able to knock out the KIngs...

At the start of the playoffs I predicted Montreal vs. Chicago to play for the Stanley. The Rangers are a good team & it will be a closer series than everyone thinks but I think we will win. LA scares me. I would much rather play the Hawks.

Chicago will be rested & the Kings will have to travel right after another tough series. The Hawks need to jump on them early but so did those other two teams.

LA Kings looking good to move on and looking strong too. They'd move to 6-0 in elimination games. They're going to be a tough out, even for Chicago. I think no matter who comes out of the West is going to be the favorite going into the Cup finals... for us, LA is a tougher choice because of their style of play but we'd have home ice against them, I believe. That being said, I'm not sure Chicago's going to be able to knock out the KIngs...

With LA the best bet would be that they've already played 2 7 game series and would hopefully need another one against Chicago before travelling East because you're right, they're not a great matchup for us but you're right, I believe, The series would start in Montreal. Same point total, more ROW for us.

Yes, LA's played two game 7's, but so has NY and it didn't stop them today. And Chicago's played 12... I'm not sure the two extra games for LA over a period of more than a month is a huge deal, especially with LA playing all of their games within California. To me, the fact that Chicago's going to have to travel West (always harder than a West Coast team traveling East) is a bigger deal than LA requiring two extra games.

Archived