x2qlbl.jpgVS 35lsu9f.jpg

NY Rangers @ Montreal Canadiens

Monday, May 19th, 2014

8:00PM Eastern

At The Bell Centre

21479du.jpg

STATS

a5l0zn.jpg

We all know what went down in Game 1; or, more importantly, WHO went down.

t65ehi.jpg

Regardless of who is minding the net for Game 2, all 18 skaters need to step up their game and send the message to the Rangers that Saturday afternoon was an anomaly.

Time to even the score.

Duty Calls.

2zdol1e.png

2hhp0ua.gif

Terrific GDT, FL, We got our butts kicked bad, but now we know (or should know) what to do. Stay OUT of the box, and skate,,,,skate,,,skate. We have to use our speed. The rags are a lot like us, but IMO, we have more secondary scoring, than they do.

Ok so the Rags got all their goals in one game. Time for the real Habs to show up.

Exactly. The kings lost 3 - 1 today... same result as losing 7-2 or 1-0. We let them score all 7 of their goals in this series :)

Seriously though, huge game. I think we'll come out flying, get the first goal & take it from there but my only concern is whether MT can keep up with the coaching changes of the Rags.

This game is absolutely critical in terms of how the series shapes up. I'd said before Game 1 that the team has to win all its home games. If you lose two home games in a row, I really can't see how the players could go over to MSG and wipe the Rangers in their own backyard.

PS: Someone mentioned in the locked thread that LA Kings came back from 3-0 down. But we're no LA Kings. Those who remembered their Cup run in 2012 will recall they virtually swept their opponents consecutive series in a row. That was why they were worthy champions that season. This team isn't capable of such heroics yet.

I'm really curious to see what changes will be made to the lineup for tonight's game. Other than the speculation about Price and a possible return of Galchenyuk, I heard on TVA that Bouillon was practicing in Emelin's spot yesterday.

Jason Brough, writer at NBC's ProHockeyTalk, just tweeted that the Rangers have lost their last 13 games when they entered with a lead in the series.

So ... some good news, anyway. :rolleyes:

Therrien won't say who's starting tonight. Budaj left ice first, but Tokarski defended the net in which Habs play twice (i.e. starter's goal)... this is obviously head games, but this is the key game in the series, so you can't make a mistake. For my money, it'd be Tokarski. Budaj hasn't been very good since the Olympic break...

Kreider will need a body guard around the BC tonight...

Maybe. But if I'm the Habs, I'm looking to go after Lundqvist, not Kreider. Kreider's the dirty player who took out Carey on purpose, but Lundqvist is the guy who makes this series even up again. I hope the Habs are going hard to the net and not stopping. The NHL's made that clear it's allowed to go plowing in even if you're not pushed or tripped in, and they've made it clear you can go in skates up, so I hope we do back to NY what they did to us.

Maybe. But if I'm the Habs, I'm looking to go after Lundqvist, not Kreider. Kreider's the dirty player who took out Carey on purpose, but Lundqvist is the guy who makes this series even up again. I hope the Habs are going hard to the net and not stopping. The NHL's made that clear it's allowed to go plowing in even if you're not pushed or tripped in, and they've made it clear you can go in skates up, so I hope we do back to NY what they did to us.

I was not talking about the Habs on the ice, I was talking about the fans around the BC

MT---- "This is not the 1st time that Krieder has gone after goalies."

I hate this. What possible purpose does this serve? Making a statement like this is not productive at all, so why would MT even say it? Just makes him look like a whiner and a preemptive sore loser. Same stuff the Bruins would do.

I hate this. What possible purpose does this serve? Making a statement like this is not productive at all, so why would MT even say it? Just makes him look like a whiner and a preemptive sore loser. Same stuff the Bruins would do.

No. It's a clear statement to the NHL that once again the inconsistency between they're words and actions is leading to injury.

"Protecting the goalie", whatever. "Player safety", sure.

For my part, I wasn't sure how "accidentally on purpose" it was but then I read about his previous run-ins with other netminders. Now I'm thinking this is how he plays: recklessly.

It's the sort of stuff that would be eliminated with consistency from the league.

Thing is, I hope the message to the Team is to play hockey. Going after Kreider of Lundqvist would only get away from doing what we need to do: playing the best hockey we can.

Besides, if we "took a run" at either of them, you can bet your arse we'd be serving ample time in the box for it. If one thing the NHL is consistent about, it's that the rules aren't the same for all teams.

Guest mrsmarkov

GREAT GDT FL. How do you say? Oh yeah, HUGE GAME.

Ok so the Rags got all their goals in one game. Time for the real Habs to show up.

Great way of putting it. I'm with ya. Come on boys...funny joke making them think they have it in the bag..now show them who you really are.

Guest mrsmarkov

Wow, Carey is done. Kreider gets away with taking out yet another goalie... clearly a guy who does this on purpose whenever he gets the chance. Habs need to go and run Lundqvist out too, since it's legal.

Ya you'd think....the Montreal Canadiens would probably get banished from the NHL for that.

Good luck next year Habs

Oh come on...I hope Budaj makes you eat your words.

It's not over yet.

Bless you.

Archived